Rancho Vista

Reviews of Rancho Vista

Assisted Living Reviews for Rancho Vista

December 17, 2016

By Linda Murphy438763

From the sales office to reception, maintenance and the nursing staff, I received nothing but help. The food is great, services excellent. This was the best care and had so many extra services for the money. I love this place and the staff is awesome.

December 15, 2016

By Arnold Gibbs

I have been a resident at Rancho Vista for 3 years. If you were to ask me to describe my feelings about my family's decision that lead to my becoming a Rancho Vista resident, I would respond "IT'S LIKE HEAVEN ON EARTH!" Why "HEAVEN"? The "caring angels", the staff at Rancho Vista who make our lives here "CAREFREE & COMFORTABLE". I thank you, thank you, thank you!

December 13, 2016

By Debra320114

We found one that we really like. It's called Rancho Vista. We really like it. We have been looking at that one because it was a perfect place for Mom and for Dad. It was a place where we could place both of them in the same apartment. And if Dad started to slip downhill, then they have a memory place that was like right next door. If they got him well enough, then he could be brought right back over to Mom's apartment. They had menu-style eating. It was a very nice place. The price was well within our budget, which was very nice. It was where we were going to place them both. However, Mom had had her fall. We were going to come out and pick her up at 3:30 a.m., but that night, Mom passed away.

November 27, 2016

By jburke

I wasn't able to spend Thanksgiving with my mom this year. It was nice knowing she was prepared a delicious Thanksgiving meal served in the beautiful Skylight Dining Room. It's very comforting to know even if I can't be with her she is getting excellent care and is surrounded by friends she's made in this great community.

November 17, 2016

By CCA

Rancho Vista is a great community. Staff members are caring, residents are happy and friendly, and the management team is nice and approachable.

April 16, 2016

By Kbdesignkris

My mom recently moved to Rancho Vista and she is very happy. The food is stupendous and the caretakers are very responsive. The entertainment on Fridays is a lot of fun as well. Her transition from independence to assisted care has been smooth and gracious. Thank you so much!

August 30, 2015

By Glen6

We saw Rancho Vista, and they had a very nice place for assisted living. They had a buffet style dining room, which I thought was nice, but I did not like their memory care one bit. The memory care seemed to be totally separate from the rest of the facility, and it was just three small buildings where people were just kind of cramped into a very small space, and I just thought that it looked like some place you'd stick someone that you didn't want to see ever again. The staff was friendly, and she was very informative. The memory care that they have, I would give a one because it was just a poor looking memory care place. There was no place for people to really sit and relax, and it was just very sterile; it was not a relaxing looking place. The rooms were very tiny, and they didn't have bathrooms or showers in the rooms, so you had to share bathrooms and showers with everybody else in the building. They had three small buildings -- each small building had I think 12 rooms -- and there was a bathroom and shower on one side, a bathroom and shower on the other side of each small building, and the residents would then have to share those bathrooms and showers with each other, which I didn't like at all. The dining room for the assisted living was very nice, but in the memory care, it was very poor. It was not an inviting place, and I did not see any activity going on. The people there were just sitting in one central room that sat in-between the six departments of each side of the building. In the other parts of the bigger building where they have the assisted living, they had activities going on, but none in the memory care that I saw. Nothing really impressed me; I did not like them at all. I would suggest moving the people out of memory care into some nicer facility. They got the assisted living people in a very nice facility; the memory care was just stuck off into some of the other small run-down buildings.

August 27, 2015

By Glen5

My dad really likes Rancho Vista as it’s a nice place. He liked the food, and the rooms were spacious, clean, and well-maintained. The people were very nice people. They have activities almost all day long.

August 21, 2015

I thought that everything was a little older at Rancho Vista and not as well-kept. For this reason, just the maintenance I thought was lacking, and there were older appliances, so this one was a definite thumb down. The dining area seemed fine, but I did not have the food. I was just very disappointed in the room because everything like I said was older -- old air conditioning units, really old appliances, the carpet didn't look well-maintained, and all those kinds of things.

July 06, 2015

Rancho Vista was very nice. I didn't have any complaints about it. The staff members seemed very nice. I wasn't there that very long, but what I saw was fine. Everyone was very nice. It was clean and didn't have any odors at all; it was OK. The dining area was lovely. I wasn't too impressed with the section where my mom would be, but the other areas seemed OK.

April 27, 2015

By Carmen17

I was very happy with Elmcroft of Rancho Vista. The dining room was exemplary. The beauty shop was very good. I participated in all of their activities. Their activity director was great, and so was their assistant. There were very happy people there. The bus drivers were exemplary, friendly, and accommodating. I just have nothing but good to say about them.

April 10, 2015

My mother is down in Rancho Vista. It is very nice. There basically aren't any problems. It has nice social activities. It has a lovely dining room. The food seems to be very nice. My mother never has any complaint. I think everything is handled very well. It has so many features. The care is good.

January 28, 2015

By Rick30

My mom is in Rancho Vista. I like that they are very professional, very caring, and very responsive. The place is clean. They just do a better job than the other places. I like the way things are set-up. My mother and several other relatives love the food. She has a rough time transitioning, and they really stick with her and have it done. The grounds are beautiful. It is accessible to both fire and hospital precautions. They have activities like arts & crafts, bingo, bus tours, a Friday happy hour, and music entertainment. There is something going on all the time. I will recommend them to friends and family. How I wish I lived there.

December 25, 2014

The grounds of Rancho Vista could have been better, and their location was a little far. I would have liked the rooms to be larger, but they were fine.

December 05, 2014

By Lisa98113450

Some of the staff members at Elmcroft of Rancho Vista are very nice, and some are not; some of them seemed either overworked or there is not enough staff to go around. I think my grandfather has to wait a long time when he pushes his button to have someone come and help him, but a lot of the staff is nice. They have beautiful apartments, and this is the best part. The setup is very nice and they have a very nice dining room with very good food. They have outings, but he hasn't gone on any. He has only played bingo, and that is pretty much it. Nobody comes around to like invite him to go do anything, and they kind of leave it to the residents to look at the board and see what is happening, but they haven’t made much of an effort to get them involved. I think their caregivers is where they need to improve the most. It seems like they only have 2 caregivers for 36 residents, and the ratio is not enough. That is why there is the long waiting time; there is a lot of work for 2 people, and that is why they get grouchy and kind of rude sometimes.

March 29, 2014

By David79881850

Rancho Vista is a clean, neat and all organized community. The reason we chose it was because they have a health center there that has the ability to take care of my mom, who was transitioning from a hospital through their skilled nursing facility. In addition to that, they could accommodate my father, who was in need of assistance but not necessarily nursing care. He is 90 and needs someone to remind him to change his clothes and that sort of thing. We were trying to transition them into a community where they could take care of both my parents at the same time, so that's why we chose them. Also, it is close to my sister who lives in that area. The dining room was cheerful and bright. Everyone in it looked happy at the time we visited. They also had the ability to order off a menu. They had a calendar of activities posted. They had occupational and physical therapists around there. They also had a small library or reading room, which looked nice.

Independent Living Reviews for Rancho Vista

Nursing Home Reviews for Rancho Vista

Questions about Rancho Vista

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our Heartland Village Memory Care staff undergoes an extensive training in our Best Friends Approach and complete monthly training and refresher courses.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Rancho Vista. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our youngest resident is 66 and our oldest is 103! Our residents love money bingo, attending fun events in our local community, dinner and a movie nights and our monthly port of call where our chef transforms our dining room into another country and prepares a delicious feast complete with delectable treats from the country of the month and live entertainment.

What programs or activities does Rancho Vista offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We make sure to provide a varied and ever changing schedule of activities to meet our residents physical, social, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and leisure needs.

What places are near Rancho Vista or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Live outdoor and indoor theater, local art galleries, upscale movie theater and a wide variety of dining venues.

What transportation services does Rancho Vista offer to assisted living residents?

Rancho Vista offers transportation by request upon availability

What makes the chef or dining program at Rancho Vista exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Brian Cloud is a talented, energetic and creative Chef. He performs informative and delicious cooking demonstrations for our residents, chooses and prepares a meal themed to the movie selection for dinner and a movie, has a monthly Chef’s table and prepares a special menu for the lucky recipients and prepares a delicious variety of menu options every day of the year.

What safety features or security measures does Rancho Vista offer to assisted living residents?

All exterior doors are locked at 8pm, care staff and nursing support on sight 24 hours a day seven days a week, alert pendants in every bathroom and personal alert pendants provided to all residents and private security company patrolling the outside of the community every night.

How does Rancho Vista keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

In the case of emergency family members are notified immediately by phone. Regularly scheduled care conferences are held with family members, residents, our Executive Director and Resident Services Director to discuss current care needs and families are invited to attend all special events via email and USPS invites.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Rancho Vista during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our care staff ratio is not per resident. Our staff is scheduled by the care needs of our current residents. The higher the number of hours of care required for all residents determines how many staff are on duty.

If Rancho Vista accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

All of the apartments have outdoor space and we will provide fencing for pets free of charge at the request of the resident. The walking trail provides a nice area for walking pets and we have a trails and tails walking group for the dog owners.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff are required to complete monthly training and refresher courses.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Rancho Vista. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Rancho Vista has organized?

Our residents recently enjoyed an afternoon at the meditation gardens in Encinitas, a trip to the Aerospace Museum in Balboa Park and they love the monthly trips to local casinos.

What transportation services does Rancho Vista offer to independent living residents?

Rancho Vista offers transportation by request upon availability.

What makes the chef or dining program at Rancho Vista exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Rancho Vista has a large outdoor patio where our residents love to congregate and visit, beautifully landscaped walking trail, a work out room with Nu Step machine, our beautiful skylight dining room with spacious outdoor dining as well, a well-appointed library with vaulted ceilings and outdoor patio space and a large activity room.

What safety features or security measures does Rancho Vista offer to independent living residents?

If Rancho Vista accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Rancho Vista work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have a licensed nurse and care givers on staff 24/7.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Rancho Vista provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Heartland Village Memory Care Villas are secure.

What programs or activities does Rancho Vista offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have the family members fill out an extensive Resident History and Profile Questionnaire. This enables our staff to engage with our residents and reference past careers, hobbies and interests. We also have a programing director and activities coordinator that work together to schedule and execute fun and engaging activities for our residents.

Our Resident Services Director and assessments are done every three months or sooner if a change of condition occurs.

What techniques does Rancho Vista use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Caregivers provide support during mealtime. Adaptive equipment is available for residents that require them. A photo dietary board alerts all care staff to special dietary needs.

How does Rancho Vista keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The primary contact is notified via phone of any changes in their loved one’s health status.

Describe the neighborhood around Rancho Vista. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Rancho Vista is located in a residential neighborhood. We are terraced onto a hillside and have beautiful tree lined and mountain views. Our average temperature is 72 degrees all year long.

Is Rancho Vista affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Tri-City Hospital is our nearest hospital, but our residents will go to the hospital of their choice if time permits.

Costs for Rancho Vista

Cost of Nursing Home

Photos of Rancho Vista

Services and Amenities of Rancho Vista

• Nursing Home Starting At: $4000/month

• About Rancho Vista

Residents of Rancho Vista are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Map of Rancho Vista