Arcadia Place Vista, CA

Reviews of Arcadia Place

Independent Living Reviews for Arcadia Place

January 14, 2021

By Reviewer RC#1212a

I visited Arcadia Place. It was all good, the only thing is, I needed a nurse on-site, and I don't think that place had it. They have like a separate company that came in, that you would hire to help the elderly, but my mom needs somebody to help her with her medications she needs like a nurse onsite. That was the reason I didn't take that place; she needs more of an assisted living. It was nice it's an older building, but they keep everything very nice. The dining area was like a restaurant-type, it was like you have to go up either the stairs or the elevators, and there was a big, huge dining area. The staff is very nice. I don't have anything bad to say about the place at all. I didn't do any food tasting because I knew that it wasn't gonna be a place that I could put my mom, because she needs more assistance they're more independent living. I know they have people on hand, but I just needed a nurse there too, because of my mom's health issues. I need somebody aside that actually has a nurse on hand. I've seen newer places, newer buildings, that's what I'm looking at, it's just an older building. Where she's at right now, it's more updated, plus she's got a full kitchen there Arcadia only has a kitchenette.

April 28, 2020

By Matt

We really liked Arcadia Place. The staff was great, but the rooms weren't as nice or as updated as the other place we saw. I saw the dining area; it was clean, and it was big. They have card games, and they do outside and indoor activities. They were doing a St. Patrick's thing when I was there.

May 14, 2018

By Mary

Arcadia Place was the first one we looked at, so we didn't have anything to compare it to. However, we thought Arcadia Place was very nice. There wasn't much in the way of grounds for people with pets, but they had some nice features as far as money goes. Arcadia Place was one we might have considered if we could afford it, but unfortunately none of the places we visited were affordable. Arcadia Place wasn't luxurious, but the people were very friendly. The staff member who assisted me was very accomodating. We had lunch. My expectations weren't that high for that type of place, so I would say the food was adequate.

November 29, 2017

By Nancy

Arcadia Place was very nice, and I had a very pleasant visit. The staff was very friendly, I liked everything, and I liked the people. It's very low key, which I liked, and it's very clean. The dining area was nice, and the food was good. They have a gym.

May 27, 2017

By chris142785

Arcadia Place is extremely friendly and has many activities throughout the day. There are so many that I don't think one person could do it all in a day. They also offer three very nice meals per day. The place is very clean and spacious. It's not super fancy, like some assisted living homes. The people aren't all snotty like at some places where they want to act like they're on a cruise ship. It seems to be a really good fit for my mother-in-law, and the price is very reasonable, too. There is always somebody complaining about something, but generally speaking, everybody seems to be happy, relaxed, and friendly. It definitely has a safe feel about it. All of the staff members are extremely polite. My mother-in-law has only been there for three days, but so far, so good. I'm very happy with aspects of this community.

May 26, 2017

By betty446168

Arcadia Place was OK, but I didn’t particularly care for it. There was a bit of an odor, a form of disinfectant or something. Their rooms were clean though, and I had lunch there which was good, no complaints there. People were sitting and walking around, and they were checking on their animals outside for walks, as well as people engaged in games. Overall, it was OK. I just didn't care for whatever that smell was. I also noticed that they had individuals coming in to assist people who needed a little bit of help with things.

January 09, 2017

By Nancy406134

Arcadia Place was very friendly and warm. They served us a meal that was very tasty. The people seemed to be very with it. The accommodations were pleasant. My client liked the atmosphere, she liked the location of the room they showed her, and the price was right. Also it was convenient to the area that she lived in before.

December 05, 2016

By Kristi622424

Arcadia Place was attractive and had a nice atmosphere and friendly people, but the hallways were too wide. I also do not like the fact that I could not cook anything for myself. The rooms did not have a stove or an oven. There were a couple of washing machines and dyers, an elevator, and a nice dining room that had a nice view. There was a tiny library and a nice outdoor courtyard.

November 24, 2016

By Nadine351737

We liked Arcadia Place. If we go anywhere, that's where we would go because we think it's a great place. I had a wonderful lunch. The choices were great, the staff was wonderful, the rooms were nice, and the location was great. It would be the ideal place if I decide to go anywhere. They had lots of activities, like exercise, yoga, all kinds of different classes going on, and bingo.

November 23, 2016

By Randi661744

Arcadia Place so far is OK as far as amenities. It’s a 1-bedroom of decent size, and there’s a courtyard.

September 03, 2016

By Henry636317

Arcadia Place was a good facility. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great, either. The best thing about the place was the pricing and square footage of the apartment. I looked at their one-bedroom apartment, and the price was less expensive there than at any other place I'd seen.

September 01, 2016

By no hospice for me

Arcadia Place was nice and cozy. It felt like a cruise ship, though. They hyped everybody up to get all excited, but it just didn’t feel like home. It was nice. It was my second choice.

January 13, 2016

By Joan118498650

The people are very nice at Arcadia Place. It is very nice, but it needs a little fixing up with a little bit of paint and stuff like that. We had a nice lunch there.

December 30, 2015

By Florence17

I am very pleased with Arcadia Place. The meals are very good and the people are friendly. Everything is well-managed. The staff are accommodating. I have a one bedroom apartment with a little kitchen, a living room, and a bathroom. They have all kinds of games, movies, and a lot of other different things. I would certainly recommend this facility.

December 20, 2015

By Marie K.

My parents were the ones that picked Arcadia Place. My dad passed away immediately, but my mother really likes it because it's an independent living facility rather than skilled nursing. They all seem very friendly and nice. The food seems fine; it's not great, but it's not bad either. My mom's happy, and she moved there five days before my dad died, so for me, it's a good experience. I like most of the staff; they're available when needed.

November 30, 2015

By Bonnie117044850

The rooms at Arcadia Place were not as nice as at the other places. At the dining room, everybody was seated, then they come out and serve you; they don't serve you as you come, so we expected probably a good 30 minutes or more before food came to our table, and it depends on where you sit in the dining room. They start at one side and then goes to the other side. Everybody was very friendly there. The staff was very nice.

August 21, 2015

Arcadia seemed fine, and their pricing was good, but for various reasons, I did not think this was a match for my mother-in-law. The apartments all had balconies or patios, and that seemed nice. The person I interacted with was very nice, helpful, and informative. I don't recall their activities now since it has been several months, but compared to the other places, there weren't as many. They didn't do as many things as other places did. I think it has it benefits for some people, and a lot of it would be on pricing because it is less expensive than other places.

August 21, 2015

By Anne111116550

We visited Arcadia Place. I thought this place was great. It was bright and airy. The grounds were clean. The units were very beautiful. Unfortunately, for my mother, once she was there, she decided that she didn’t want to live in a community like that for the elderly. But personally, for myself, I thought it was a beautiful place. The services were great. The gentleman who provided us with the tour was very helpful, very informative, and provided us all the information we needed. We saw a one-bedroom, and it looked compact, but it was definitely spacious enough for somebody living on their own. We visited the dining area, and it was very spacious and airy. We saw the menu, and it looked like they had a good variety. They have a whole calendar of activities. They have yoga and movie nights. They have a computer room for the residents, and they also have a library. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

August 11, 2015

By Ralph15

I had lunch with the woman that does the sales, and it was very good. I like the way it was laid out. The dining area was upstairs. They had a nice little recreation room, a library, different settings where you could sit for gatherings and talk with people, a nice little community room, and a nice gazebo in the middle of the complex where you could walk out to if you chose to. Parking seemed to be OK. My only complaint was that there's just not enough room when you're downsizing from a house. I am very impressed that I thought Arcadia was fairly reasonable. It was very nicely done, and there were very nice people there. I have no complaints with the managers that I spoke to. It was a little more relaxed atmosphere.

July 06, 2015

My mom has been doing great at Arcadia Place. They go way beyond to make sure the residents are happy. I like the staff. It is very well laid out.

April 27, 2015

By carolyn5012

Arcadia Place was a little more out in the country than many of the other places were, so it seemed a little more peaceful. The other thing is they allow animals, and that is important to us. It is independent, but they also have assisted living. They've got plenty of activities to choose from as many other places do, and many of them looked like they would be appealing to us. Another important aspect was their cost, which was lower than some of the other places.

April 17, 2015

By Angela16

My mother chose Arcadia Place. The staff working there was very nice and very helpful. The rooms are nice, clean, and well taken care of. They have Bingo, exercises, trips, and places for them to walk around. They have good food, they have a chef, but my mother’s only complaint is she sometimes want a hamburger or pizza instead of a meal.

January 17, 2015

Arcadia Place is newer. I thought it was nice. It had a couple of apartments that I liked. They have a fit center with bikes and things. I liked their activity room. The activity room is open and big, and a lot of people could get in there. It has a nice yard that you could go out and sit in. It has good parking as well. None of the rooms are large enough anywhere, but there is one there that is a little larger than usual. They had it decorated, and they had furniture in it. It was nice. They were painting parts of the place, and it looked like it kept up nicely. It also looks like it was clean as much as I can tell.

June 27, 2014

By Jo Ann3

Arcadia Place was a good visit. I did not eat there, but they had a nice dining room. I wasn't all that impressed with their grounds. I mean, it was OK, but it was not anything spectacular. The only problem I had there was the fact that it was on two busy streets that come together, and I don't like that.

June 17, 2014

My mom is very happy at Arcadia Place. We chose this place because I like the room, and I also like where it is located. It is convenient for us. It seems like the people there are very nice, and some of the people who live there are very happy. While we were there, food was fine. My mother, who loves to eat, says the food is OK. The dining area is very nice.

January 30, 2014

By Cinda1

I found Arcadia Place online. We like it. It's a nice place. It just cost more than my parents could afford. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. They're very nice. They even have a doctor coming in. They have all kind of activities. They have movies, games, bingo night, yoga, and exercise classes. There's always something going on. We saw one studio apartment. I think it was average sized for a small studio but it was nice. The dining room was of good size. It looked very friendly. They all have tables for everybody. Everything was just clean and nice.

October 24, 2012

By maria92592

We looked at several facilities. This one we visited by far was the best! From the very moment we entered we were met with smiles and they made my father feel welcomed. They were very family oriented and made it a point to introduce us to both residents and staffers alike from the kitchen to the mgmt. My father forgot to bring his walker and they were very curteous and provided a wheelchair for the tour. The had so ammenitites and services that it really made the whole experience more like a resort then a facility. We were very skeptical but very pleasantly surprised. We have since chosen then facility and my father not only has made many new friends and his health seems to improve being around such a caring facility. Arcadia Place has really made this change in my fathers life an easy one.

August 27, 2009

By sandy campbell

I have never seen one of the living spaces but have been told by others that lived there that it was just wonderful. I have been there several times with my mother to go to a alzheimers caregiver group. The place is gorgeous and the staff are as friendly as can be. I really want to check out the living arrangements as soon as I get back to Vista.

Questions about Arcadia Place

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Arcadia Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

With an average age of 78, the majority of our residents are extremely active and enjoy musical concerts, exercise & wellness classes, gardening, creative endeavors such as painting and crafting and socializing with neighbors at the courtyard gazebo.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Vista has recently undergone a tremendous transformation and now offers visitors and residents a variety of shopping, dining and unique venues including the reopening of nearby Moonlight Amphitheatre, Alta Vista Botanical Gardens, The Broadway Theater and numerous museums within a few miles of Arcadia Place.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Arcadia Place has organized?

Casino and Lunch Bunch to area restaurants outings are always enjoyed by our residents as are leisurely drives along the Pacific Ocean and to Oceanside Pier for picnics.

What transportation services does Arcadia Place offer to independent living residents?

Our shuttle bus provides transportation to medical appointments, errands, shopping excursions and off-site events within the local area five days each week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Arcadia Place exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Delicious and nutritionally balanced meals are prepared in the community’s kitchen by our Executive Chef with a wide selection of entrees to choose from for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Residents enjoy restaurant-style service while socializing with neighbors. Dietary requests are always accommodated.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Dining room with expansive picture windows Fitness center Sunlit lobby and atrium Private dining room for special occasions Chess room with sitting area Activity room with large-screen TV and computer desk. Billard room..Welcoming outdoor spaces including a gazebo, garden and walking paths, Hair and nail salon, Library.

What safety features or security measures does Arcadia Place offer to independent living residents?

The community is staffed 24/7 and all exterior doors are locked from 7:30p to 7:30a. Only one key is issued to residents to ensure limited access to each apartment.

If Arcadia Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are very pet friendly and allow cats and dogs up to 40 lbs with a one-time non-refundable fee. Furry residents are welcome in all common areas except dining room and can enjoy their own enclosed running area in the courtyard, as well as, the pathway surrounding the community.

Does Arcadia Place work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Interim Healthcare is our onsite third-party caregiving provider and their ROSE PROGRAM provides a flexible “stop by” system, in 15- minute increments, to accommodate all of our residents’ care needs. Their highly trained caregivers and nurses help keep residents safe and independent in their apartment home without the high cost of hourly caregiving services or expensive monthly fees found in assisted living communities.

Costs for Arcadia Place

Photos of Arcadia Place

Services and Amenities of Arcadia Place

• Housing Extra: Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Movie Theater

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Arcadia Place

Arcadia Place is located in Vista, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Arcadia Place for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Arcadia Place does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Arcadia Place