Walnut Park

Reviews of Walnut Park

Independent Living Reviews for Walnut Park

August 21, 2017

By Jody

Walnut Park was nice, but they didn't have assisted living there. I would choose it if my father had been more independent. It's clean, had nice people, there were lots of things for him to do, and the food was good. If I were going to move, that's where I would go.

Hi Jody, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us at Walnut Park. We appreciate the kind words. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. Thank you!

January 02, 2017

By Sharon632104

Walnut Park is a very nice, very clean, and very homey facility with wonderful people and lots of activities. They have a little bus to take them places and do all kinds of things with them. My mom’s room is small, but they all are. It is better than the other ones that we have seen. It is a nice room with a living room, a bedroom, a little kitchenette, and a bathroom. The food is good and nutritious, and she gets three meals a day.

November 22, 2016

By Betty603120

Walnut Park was very nice. However, it was independent living, and if you needed assisted living, you would have to leave. You had to get in the elevator to go to the third floor to eat. The staff that showed us around was great. The tour was fine. I had lunch there, and the food was good. The dining room was more of like a hotel. However, you had to pay a big upfront payment to get in there.

September 30, 2016

By Krin845464

My mother chose Walnut Park, and they were bought out by somebody else. When we went in a month ago to take a look at it, they didn't tell us that they were in the process of escrow. The food quality went way down. The chef doesn't have probably half the budget he used to have. The room looked great and wonderful. The housekeeping crew only has 17 minutes per unit every week to go through and clean. I'm not sure that's really enough. My mom actually likes it, but she's complaining about the food as well as many others. Then she said that it was just bought out by somebody else, so I have questions as to why somebody didn't say something because the money we're paying for is almost $2700 a month. and that should get good meals, but apparently the food is really going downhill. They have to actually provide a cleaning service every week because you can't clean a 1-bedroom apartment in 17 minutes. It's impossible. You can't just do it and do it right.

June 28, 2016

By Joe851711

Walnut Park was very nice. The dining room was nice and had a nice menu. It was something that we were hoping to get my sister-in-law into, but they could not handle her because of her size. The grounds looked pretty nice. They had alarms on the doors. The biggest complaint we had after they turned us down was we made a deposit on a room and they said they weren't going to cash it but they didn't send it back to us. We finally had to call and ask them when they're going to send our check back to us, and they said they're going to send it right away, but instead of sending it to us, they deposited it. They were very apologetic, but they had to contact their corporate office to get a check cut. That kind of left a sour taste in my mouth because they actually used our money for somebody else's deposit. Whether it was a mistake or not, I don't know, but we were unhappy with that and won't recommend them to anybody.

June 17, 2016

By Al281182

I visited Walnut Park and was impressed with the activities, the care that they provide for the residents, and the companionship. It's just amazing. The staff was excellent. I met a few of them and all of the people that I spoke with were very good at sharing with me their duties and what they would be doing. They help make the residents more comfortable. The whole place was clean, spacious, and very beautiful.

May 10, 2016

By DonnaZNBCM

I liked that Walnut Park was close to town and that the rooms available were on the ground floor because I had a dog. It was beautiful. I could be happy there, if I was ready to go. The staff was very nice, very accommodating, very pleasant, and showed us around. The place itself was very homey, very clean, and could be acceptable. It was not what I was looking for, but I would be happy there. I would be more interested in something closer to where I live now because my friends were all in this area. I saw the room, and it was adequate in size.

March 08, 2016

By Sydney5

I loved and was happy with Walnut Park, where my mom-in-law planned to live in June. The apartments were very nice, very clean, and very welcoming. We visited during Christmas season, so it was well decorated and homey. The staff really enjoyed their jobs. The residents were very happy doing different activities including exercise classes, watching TV, puzzles, and board games. The people seemed very friendly. They had a large room where you can entertain your family, or in the dining room, there was also a big table for your family to eat with you. The menu had a lot of choices. The lady who assisted me, Penny, was wonderful and very knowledeable. She showed me two different rooms and told me what each room has, including one room with different lighting where my mom-in-law can sew. She was not rushing me at all and took me everywhere to show me a lot of things. I felt really good about the experience. They had a big room with a very big TV where they can watch the Super Bowl and shows like that.

January 13, 2016

By cherylsiegel

Penny C. is very knowledgeable and congenial. We are in the process of making a decision for my mother once she has recovered from her upcoming surgery.

Hi Cheryl! I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you so much for your kind words. We know that choosing a senior living community can be a stressful time for seniors and their families, so we love hearing stories about Holiday associates who help make that transition a smoother one. Thank you again for taking the time to review Walnut Park and best of luck to your mom on her surgery and recovery. - Katie

October 29, 2015

By Lynne26

It was a lovely environment. The staff was friendly and helpful. The dining facility was wonderful, and the rooms seemed ample. It looked a bit older with folks older than me. I’m still kind of young at 70, but if I didn’t have any problems with my memory, it seemed like a very nice place for me to be. A couple of other places did have variable dining hours; at Walnut, you have a particular time that you go, and then they don’t serve anything else until the next meal.

September 29, 2015

The people and the staff were extremely friendly. They had their dinner at noon, and it was excellent. Walnut Park was beautiful, and the rooms were nice. They didn't have a stove that you could cook on really, but at least it looked better than the other place. It was very nice, well done up, and beautiful inside. As far as the grounds, there was no place to go out and sit. It was pretty, but there was no room outside to do anything. They have lots of activities. They have a little bit of cooking, a little bit of crafts, and programs. Except for the grounds, it was excellent.

August 08, 2015

By Robbie3

Walnut Park was absolutely wonderful, but my sister is not yet sure if she is going to stay in California. The staff was marvelous. We then attended a function there with music and ordered foods and drinks, and it was really very nice. Everything we had there that day was delicious. It was clean, and the décor was quite nice as well as the rooms. I wish that she would stay there as it’s a wonderful facility.

July 31, 2015

By April8

Walnut Park is a three-storey facility, and my mother is on the second floor. The third floor is where they have their dining room. A lot of other facilities when you walk in, their dining room is on the first floor, and it's not as private as this one. The staff is very friendly and very outgoing, and also the residents seem very happy there. They're respected and treated nicely. My mother has only been there going on a month now, and so far, she likes it. She hasn't had any issues whatsoever. Her room is clean, and they even replaced the carpet because there was a stain that didn't come out. They also come in and clean once a week and even change out her bed and wash her sheets if she wants that done. It's a very nice retirement community, so I would recommend it to anybody looking for that type of a community. There's a separate company that is there on-site that if you need additional services such as other care; they will provide that at an additional cost. As they get older, and their health deteriorates and they need more help, that company is there for them to purchase that care.

July 21, 2015

By Dave37

Top of the list would be the management of Walnut Park and the food that is served, which seems both very important to my mom. We had lunch there, and it was very good. It was almost restaurant like. What we went ahead and got was the one-bedroom that was the model and, at that time, it was becoming available. It is a pretty good size and very well-laid out. I like how they had it laid-out. They have a number things and a calendar of events of what is happening during the week along with choices of meals and stuff they would hand out.

May 17, 2015

By Rosemary18

We like Walnut Park. The rooms and apartments are very nice. They also have very nice people and very good food. It is exactly what my mother-in-law needs. The dining room is like a restaurant. They have gym classes, and they take the residents to other places. They also have a bus service three days a week to go wherever they want to go. They have a library. They have a lot of entertainment, and they play bingo.

May 13, 2015

I had lunch and looked at the apartments at Walnut Park. It was the best, and it had wonderful activities. They did have some exercise equipment. It is independent living, but you can have people come in and help you as much as needed. That's a good option, and you pay extra for that. They had a beautiful lunch room. Everybody was friendly, and the people that lived there looked happy. The staff were very friendly. The servers of dinner and lunch were very outgoing, attentive, and personable. It was a beautiful facility. Only one drawback was they didn't have a lot of outdoor area to walk around. They had balconies, and the kitchen area looked nice. The room -- although it was small -- had a walk-in shower that didn't have anything you could trip on and wasvery safe. I would recommend that everyone go and see it.

December 12, 2011

By AmiR4663

This is an independent retirement community with 3 stories. The grounds are always maintained with lots of greenery and colorful flowers. There are ample walking areas around the facility and patients are able to walk to nearby for shopping, although they do offer scheduled group outings. The activity calendar has lots of activities. The apartments are very nice with small balconies. The second story houses the dining room with luxurious dining chairs. They have one of the best communal gathering areas. The library had ample books and magazines. The activity area had lots of tables and comfy furniture for watching movies. I was especially impressed with the enthusiasm of my tour guide. She was transparent enough to let me know that they had implemented a lock-down because four of the residents had become ill. In order to contain the illness, meals were being served in patient rooms. Things were a little hectic, but my guide took time to give me a tour and to stress that I bring in my loved one for a complimentary meal and tour. This is owned by a large national corporation and a resident is able to stay at other facilities as a guest for a small fee when they travel; great benefit.

Questions about Walnut Park

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Walnut Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Walnut Park offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Walnut Park exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Walnut Park offer to independent living residents?

If Walnut Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Walnut Park work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Walnut Park

Photos of Walnut Park

Services and Amenities of Walnut Park

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Walnut Park

Walnut Park is located in Visalia, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Walnut Park for a visit...and stay!

Map of Walnut Park