Ventura Townehouse

Ventura Townehouse (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Ventura Townehouse

Assisted Living Reviews for Ventura Townehouse

August 21, 2015

It's got six stories, and it’s an old facility, but very neat, clean, and attractive. We were leaning very much towards Ventura Townehouse, but the two people who were in charge there, both my daughter and I got the feeling they don't really care about you. You put your money in there, and they don't really care. We considered it because it seemed like there was a lot to do, a lot going on, and a lot of people participating. It's old, but it's very well taken care of.

March 02, 2015

By Frances24

I liked Ventura Townehouse very much. I liked the people; they were fine. I had lunch there, and it was very nice. They had a line-up of activities, but I didn't watch any at that point. I had a good experience. I thought it was clean, and I thought it was good. It was very nice and pleasant.

February 09, 2015

By Crayton

I have been living here at Ventura Townehouse for two months. It is cheaper and nicer than the other places. It is on 13 acres, and you can walk around it. I liked it a lot better than the other facilities. They do a lot of field trips all the time here, but I don't like to go out in groups. I like to eat, and they serve three meals a day here. We have about three or four different choices for every meal, and they have a salad bar that's available all the time. I enjoy being here.

August 27, 2014

By Susan92205750

Ventura Townehouse was a large facility. It's got a high-rise, and they have cottages both in the front of the building and in the back. The front is for memory care, and the back is for anybody who wants to have a dog. They're more of a cottage style, so they're all on one level. They also allow cats. You have your own patio enclosed, and they have much larger square footage for the cost. They're very accommodating if you want a unit that's larger. They have a construction team that will put together two 1-bedrooms. Their food is OK, and they have a really good salad bar. I like that the people were very accommodating. The owner is fairly new, and it's not owned by a corporation. It's run by a single person, and he is very willing to put money into it and do whatever it takes to make all the residents happy. So it's a really nice change of pace. It's not as upscale as the others, but it is nice. The place is older, so that's where they would lose a point. But they've got all the options, so you don't have to move from one location to the other if you need assistance.

November 27, 2013

By Cathy33

Ventura Townehouse is very, very nice. The price is better than any place we looked at. It is $2,400 a month and my mom is in bigger room, which is a studio. It has a full kitchen inside, which she doesn’t use because all the meals are included. She's on the third floor and it has a balcony with an ocean view, which is really nice. It is very homey and nice. They also have one and two bedroom apartments. They have a bus that takes them around. The have bingo couple of times a week. They have a beautiful dining area and it is the most impressive place in the area. The chef is very good. He is first class. He comes out and meets everybody. He knows every resident in there. He will cook anything special for them. The food that they have is really good. It is very nice and bright with lots of windows. They have an area outside to walk. They have nursing home and Alzheimer's unit in the area. So, if they need to go there, eventually they can. The staff is very nice. Although she is in the independent living, they watch her and they don't let her leave the bus on her own and I think it is very nice to do that.

May 28, 2013

By Robyn2

Ventura TowneHouse is my favorite from all the facilities I've looked into. It's very sunny and light and it just didn't feel institutional at all. The staff and the facility are very nice. I'm hoping that my mother will get in there. Their apartments are very roomy. There foods are also fresh.

April 11, 2013

By Christy4

My parents have been living down at Ventura TowneHouse since January. It's been such a God-send. It has a memory-care facility right next door and assisted-living as needed. But it's independent living right now for my parents. It's been awesome. My mother said that she feels like she's in heaven. She's living in paradise. My dad feels safe and comfortable there. I took him shopping last weekend and he said he wasn't comfortable leaving the place. They're absolutely happy. That's what I wanted for them: To be comfortable and happy where they are. It's been such a blessing. My parents come from Central America so they're used to tough times. Everything looks great for them. However, in speaking to other people who are used to the standards of the US, there are certain things that the facility might be able to improve on. The facility looks retro. They're just not quite there yet, but it's been so wonderful for our purposes.

October 08, 2012

By Kmay

Wow, these folks really know how to care for our seniors! I visited during an event they were having and I was blown away. All the staff was kind, patient and caring towards the residents. Everything was clean and fresh and getting remodeled. I heard there was an ownership change a little while ago, and it looks like they are putting a lot of time and effort into updating and improving things. 5 stars!

September 22, 2012

By Taylor E.

The facilities seemed nice and my grandmother said it was like living on a cruise ship. The staff was both responsive and generally friendly. While there I found that many of the staff were unfamiliar with providing internet access or even getting their residents set up on the wifi systems they had available. The dining services were quite good, providing an ample amount of tables and chairs for both residents and guests. Some of the wait staff were a bit unresponsive when we would call for them and the wait times for meals were quite long. I assumed this was due to the large numbers of residents in the dining room that evening. I was informed by other residents that this is not usually the case but that the staff were quite quick when there are less people to serve. In addition to this the facility provided opportunities for fun events for the residents. These included movie nights and other special events like luaus, comedic performers and theatrical groups. Outside of the facility the staff provides a wonderful transportation system to help their residents into and home from the rest of the city.

September 03, 2012

By hatshepshut

I haven't move to Ventura Townhomes yet. It is a very pretty place and they have very good food there. I went there for lunch and dinner. There were people who came up to me and said they hope I would move there. The staff were very nice. They're painting the room today with the colors that I chose. We're negotiating about the carpet because I think the carpet in there is very old, but they're not sure if they can do it. They put fresh flowers in their lobby every week. They have their own TV channel where you want to see what's going on in the building and you could turn on your TV to that channel. They also have special place for people with dementia and Alzheimer's.

Independent Living Reviews for Ventura Townehouse

October 28, 2015

By Jackie45

Ventura TowneHouse was a great place, but the location did not work for us. It was several stories tall. It had lots of activities, and the food was great.

March 10, 2015

By Gary107429461

Ventura Townehouse is very nice. They have single bedrooms, living rooms, huge patios, and common areas for board games. The dining area was nice, and they served anytime from 7AM to 7PM. They bring local musical talent for talent shows,they play bingo and Wii bowling, and there is a pot contest. They have sight-seeing tours, and they take the folks to places.

January 27, 2014

By Julie27

I love it here in Ventura TowneHouse. I really am happy. I had a stroke and this is the fourth place I lived. I like this place the best. Everybody is very nice. First time I moved here, I got a studio apartment. I've been getting stronger and therefore I moved out in the gardens. I feel like I'm on my own and I really like that. I've gone back to my hobby which is making jewelry. They have a lot of opportunities for people to get involve in all kinds of things. I like to play games like card games. They have a new game here and it's called Rummikub. They play it almost everyday. When people are playing cards or putting puzzles together, there's always an organist playing older songs.

January 22, 2014

By Delores5

I like the layout of the building. I live in one of the cottages. We have the freedom to choose if we want to live in the cottage or in the high rise. I like it here living in the cottage. I like the grounds that you can look out and not being in a four-corner little room. The grounds and surroundings are well kept. The people working here are all very friendly. They accommodate us through the best of their ability. All my requests have been taken care of. It's a very friendly place. The residents here are very friendly. I have been here about 4 months and I never had any problem adjusting. The experiences I've had, have been very good. They have activities that you can participate in. They check in the mornings to make sure that we are ok. The food is fine. Some days are better than others but they try hard to improve on the meals.

Costs for Ventura Townehouse

• Spanish

• Minimum Age: 60+ Minimum Age
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Ventura Townehouse

Welcome to the Ventura Townehouse, a Retirement Community designed for fine living, just North of Los Angles in the beautiful coastal town of Ventura. With sophisticated yet casual ambiance and an abundance of activities, you'll find the perfect balance of dynamic lifestyle and a warm family atmosphere. Come home to the Townehouse. "A Great Place to Live." Come see what makes us special! Join us for a delectable lunch in our sun-drenched dining room and experience the friendliness of our staff and residents. Before or after, take a stroll through our spectacular lush grounds and enjoy the breathtaking ocean and mountain views. Ventura Townehouse, Independent, Assisted and Memory Care is California's Crown Jewel in Retirement Living.

Map of Ventura Townehouse