The Bonaventure

Offers Independent Living

10949 Telegraph Rd, Ventura, CA 93004
The Bonaventure (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 28 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of The Bonaventure

Independent Living Reviews for The Bonaventure

March 27, 2017

By Rena741755

Going to The Bonaventure was a great experience. It was a fantastic facility. The staff was great. The accommodations were above and beyond; they reminded me very much of a hotel in a positive way. They would probably be my top choice price-wise. The dining room was nice, not quite like a restaurant, but they tried to make it restaurant-style with the fact that they did linens as far as napkins and the plate settings. They kept a menu out and discussed it a little bit with us. We were very impressed and pleased with the community. The environment and the atmosphere felt light and bright where some of the other places were smaller and darker. It had good vaulted ceilings, and it felt like you were in a huge restaurant. The Bonaventure was altogether. You had people on different levels and different floors, and I felt it was more a community. I liked everything else about it more than I did a couple of the other places we looked at.

January 03, 2017

By Carrie062472

The Bonaventure wasn't quite as nice as other, but there were different room plans. The mood felt a little heavier. It wasn't unclean, but it didn't feel as warm. They were very reasonable, like you get cable, room, and food included, so I was impressed that there weren't a lot of things that you're going to pay for. Their dining hall was quite large, which wasn't bad, but it felt more like going to camp where you're all in the cafeteria together. They offered meals and had a van that takes you wherever you wanted to go and on shopping trips. They had a library club, which was important to me because my father-in-law likes to read.

October 24, 2016

By Deborah644474

The Bonaventure is great. It is very nicely kept-up. The help is very nice, everyone is very friendly, and my family member actually loves it. The rooms are not huge but a good size. He has a little kitchen, a nice living room, a nice big bedroom, a big bathroom, and a patio.

October 20, 2016

By Mary837518

I liked The Bonaventure. The rooms were a little small, but at least they had balconies, and I liked that. I thought it was a nice open floor plan in the main building. You walk in and to your right, there's something; in the center is the dining room, and to your left is a very open space where the administration main counter is. I really like the layout. The main building was well laid out, I like the dining room, and I like the open feel of it. It's very large-looking.

May 10, 2016

By HeikoDGYQP

The Bonaventure is a very nice place with nice staff and apartments. This would be my choice. The food was excellent.

March 26, 2016

I visited The Bonaventure for my mom. I think it was a good facility, but it didn’t have garden apartments. The staff seemed very nice, but the environment was more like apartment living.

February 15, 2016

By Lee33

We got my parents into Bonaventure. The staff is so accommodating. There’s two sets of managers on the premises, and they take turns, so there’s someone there 24/7. They have their own apartment, and there’s a huge dining room downstairs. They’ve got everything there: a beauty shop, a gym, a library, an activity director, and a bus, so they have their own transportation. The doors are locked at 8:00, and they have a key like in a hotel in case that they come after 8:00, so they can get in.

November 04, 2015

By Elaine33

I went to visit The Bonaventure, and I saw that it was a lovely place. It was very clean, and the people were very nice as well. They do have different activities planned for the residents.

October 28, 2015

By Jackie45

We've got my mother at The Bonaventure as of August 11th. The facility had exactly what I needed. The location was good for us, and the staff is good. They have organized activities, games and exercise, three meals a day, church, a beauty parlor on the premises, and a workout room. She is in a one-bedroom, which is great. I've eaten one meal there when I toured the place, and I thought it was OK, but my mom is happy with it, and that's the important thing.

October 27, 2015

By Skippy1

The Bonaventure was nice but not as nice as any other retirement communities. It's a little dated and worn. The rooms were OK -- large but not too modern -- and could be improved. The staff was nice, so was the dining room. Overall, they should do more inside renovation of the rooms and the hallways.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review - I appreciate you pointing out this specific area of opportunity. I've passed it on to our Resident Relations team for their review. Thanks again, Katie

August 27, 2015

If I were going to choose a place for my mother-in-law, it would be The Bonaventure. I really liked that place. The prices were very good. Everything seemed good. The cafeteria was very nice. They would leave you alone if you wanted to be left alone. If you needed assistance, they had some people on site that you could pay extra for, and they would come in and do what was needed. She was a diabetic, and at some point she could not handle her own shots, but they would do that for her. That was mostly what I liked about it.

August 21, 2015

By Deborah112106250

I visited them a couple of years ago. It was another situation where they have no outside space. I didn't like that and neither did my parents. The rooms were OK. They generally did not have an area for a kitchen, so you were really dependent on their dining room. Bonaventure was structured dining between this hour and this hour for the three meals, and there was very little capability unless you went up to the highest price. For the price that my parents could afford, they probably couldn't even have a hot plate. It would be very difficult with the way it was configured. You have to go to the very top price to be able to have any area to have a little refrigerator or anything. I don't remember if they had balconies, but they did not have like a garden or anywhere to sit outside. They had a lot of activities, and they had a couple of activity rooms, so I was happy with that part. They had a big library, which my parents liked because they were big readers. We tried the food, but this was so long ago, and I wrote a complaint about it. I don't know what the problem was, but they ran out of food, and we were served very last. When you are trying to woo someone, they should be first. My mom is a very high maintenance person, and she was freaking out because she needed to get home to feed her cat, so she was flipping out, and it was very tense. We sat there for about 45 minutes before we got I think it was like warmed up chicken finger sticks or something, and everyone else had roast chicken, so I can't really judge the food. I just know that they made a mistake if they wanted to woo prospective residents. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. They really sat for a long time trying to figure out how to work with my parents' budget. One thing that is nice about the Bonaventure, some of the rooms as I remember do have the ocean view, which a lot of people really like. You can actually see the ocean, and it was a pretty view. Both sides were a really pretty view because you either look at the mountainside or the ocean, so the atmosphere was very nice.

April 26, 2015

By David105273850

I really like Bonaventure, but I haven’t decided to move in there and get to that point. I just like the facility better; I like the quality appeals. I talked to quite a few of the tenants, and they were overwhelmed with it -- how nice it is, how clean it is, and how good the staff is. They have a full schedule of activities, and of all the ones that I looked at, I was very impressed with it; that’s why I have decided to have to go there. The dining area was beautiful, and the rooms were absolutely fine. I have a small dog, and downstairs they have patio access.

February 26, 2015

By Bobbi9

I love The Bonaventure in Ventura. It was a beautiful place to live. The air was clean, and there was lots of green grass. The place was very high class. The staff was very nice, and they have nice rooms. Everything was great, but I don't think I'm going there because of the price. They are very good though.

February 11, 2015

By Barbara93863850

The Bonaventure is where my mother ended up. I chose it because the price was right, and it was a clean and very nice facility. The staff is great. It is sort of luxurious, beautiful appointment, brand new facility -- just very nice. They have a number of available units that are available at all different costs. They are also geared for taking care of people and looking out for their needs. It is just a very caring facility, it's very beautifully groomed, and everything is very nice. The food is good.

November 01, 2014

By Betty101147950

My visit at Bonaventure was great. They have a gentleman's club, and they would go to Hooters once a week. Their rooms were really great. Their dining room was great. The staff was great too.

December 13, 2013

By Lori19

The facility was really nice and the staff was very friendly. They answered all of our questions and gave us a nice tour at The Bonaventure. The location is nice as well as the rooms and they were of adequate size. We went at lunch time and the food looked really good. It's near shopping and restaurants and they have their own transportation for doctor's appointment.

September 26, 2013

By Mark23

My brother is at Bonaventure. It's a modern facility. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and well maintained. I would definitely recommend this facility to others.

September 11, 2013

By Kathy47

The whole place looked light and inviting. They had balconies and patios, which were very nice. It appeared pleasant and it's a place I would probably go to, if I had to. However, they allowed smoking and I would be miserable if I got next door with somebody who smoked.

Questions about The Bonaventure

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Bonaventure. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of residents is 80, although we have residents from age 55 to 106 years old. The Bonaventure residents enjoy playing bingo, botchy ball, and bean bag baseball.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

The Bonaventure independent living community is close to malls, shopping centers, dining, and movie theaters. The beach is a quick 10-minute drive away.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Bonaventure has organized?

Recent outings that residents at The Bonaventure have enjoyed include trips to see plays, movies, scenic drives, picnics, and outings to The Ronald Reagan Museum and the Aviation Museum.

What transportation services does The Bonaventure offer to independent living residents?

We offer complimentary shuttle service for doctor visits, appointments, shopping, errands, and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Bonaventure exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Residents enjoy a variety of made-from-scratch selections and a healthy choice option on every menu. Even items on our regular menu come without added salt or sugar. Our chef loves to hear from residents and hosts a monthly Chef Talk to gather feedback and suggestions.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

The Bonaventure common rooms include an activity room, card room with a pool table, cinema room, lounge, fitness room, library, beauty salon, and chapel.

What safety features or security measures does The Bonaventure offer to independent living residents?

Staff are on-site from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm. After hours, entry requires a key or key card. All residents at The Bonaventure retirement community have a GreatCall emergency response device in case of falls or other urgent medical help.

If The Bonaventure accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are very pet-friendly at The Bonaventure. Dogs especially love strolling along the walking path with their owners.

Does The Bonaventure work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

A nurse from Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is on The Bonaventure senior living campus from 9 am to 5 pm and can be hired to help with insulin shots, medication management, and other medical needs. She accepts Medicare. A home health care agency has offices on campus as well and can assist residents with personal care needs.

Costs for The Bonaventure

Photos of The Bonaventure

Services and Amenities of The Bonaventure

• Housing Extra: Telephone Hookup, Walk In Tub

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Movie Theater

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About The Bonaventure

The Bonaventure is located in Ventura, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to The Bonaventure for a visit...and stay!

Map of The Bonaventure