Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

350 Locust Drive, Vallejo, CA 94591
Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Assisted Living Reviews for Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

June 07, 2015

Brookdale Vallejo Hills is a beautiful place. The staff is very friendly and always available. I am really pleased with them. My mother has a beautiful apartment. It has a granite countertop, a balcony, a kitchenette with a microwave, and a tub which is handicap accessible. The food is excellent. They have a chef on staff, and you can eat on demand. You do not have to eat at any certain time. They have Wii bowling and bingo. They also take the residents to different areas.

May 15, 2015

I visited Brookdale Vallejo Hills. The staff was great. The rooms were very nice. They had activities like live music, and people were sitting around listening to music and were having conversation. I would recommend them to anybody. It looked great. The people that worked there were very nice.

April 07, 2015

By sloshep

My mother lived at this facility at the highest level of assisted living they offer. Although the staff seems nice, the level of care on the assisted living side is scant at best. Repairs to facilities are not made in a timely fashion and communication between the staff and family members is lacking. This is truly a facilty for active seniors only.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

January 28, 2015

I love the staff at Emeritus very much. The rooms and the dining area were nice. The grounds were clean and well-kept. They have trips out on a bus to different places and morning walks.

October 05, 2014

By Marcia18

It’s working out truly well with Emeritus. The staff has been great. The way they have the food -- the restaurant style eating -- is superb. The rooms are always clean, and it’s great. They have video games, Friday afternoon get-togethers and it just works out great for my uncle. A broader range of activities might help the residents to partake and not make it easy for them to stay in their rooms. My uncle is really comfortable at Emeritus.

July 20, 2014

By Sandy35

I moved back to Emeritus. I knew there were changes since when I was here before. The executive director is a young man who is soft spoken and very nice. He has a kind way to say no. I have two bedrooms and a bath and an amazing view. The rooms are large and very clean. I love my apartment. It is cozy, and the air conditioner/heater works amazingly. Our chef is good, and he prepares healthy and good meals. TheyÕre trying to cook relatively salt-free.

July 19, 2014

I finally found a place. We are going to move to Emeritus. It is close to the area I wanted to be in. It is fairly close to Kaiser Permanente. We looked at the place and found that the price was pretty good, and the apartment that we chose was very nice, so we are pretty satisfied with it. Also, they have very nice people over there. I think Emeritus is going to be a good place to live. I like the apartment we got; I like it best. It is on the ground floor, it has a nice patio there, and it has two very large walk-in closets and a large bathroom. It has a nice little kitchen there, so it is very good. The people there are very nice.

June 12, 2014

By Mary93071150

I was very pleased with the tour from Alysa, She was heartfelt and sincere in the way she presented this facility with me. You can tell that she (and Zach from Emeritus at North Bay) truly loves what she does. This was the indication to me that her main objective was to make sure first and foremost that this facility would be a best fit. The food was very good and the facility and grounds were exceptional. Food is important to my 90 year old father. The reason we didn't choose Emeritus at Vallejo was that it is too far from my brother and not close enough to Travis AFB which is the medical center my father will use for his medical care. The location of Emeritus at Vallejo sits on top of a hill outside the city center so it is quiet and it is in a residential neighborhood. I felt like the staff and caregivers I met were friendly and knowledgeable.

January 29, 2014

By Roger13

Emeritus at Vallejo looked very nice. The staff was friendly and cordial. They've got a one-bedroom apartment with a small kitchenette, but no dishwasher because the meals will be provided. If I could afford it, that's where I'd go.

Independent Living Reviews for Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Costs for Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Photos of Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Services and Amenities of Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Yes

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: 486803808

About Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

On a green hillside with majestic views of the Bay Area, Vallejo Hills Retirement Community offers Independent and Assisted Living options – both with impeccable attention to care and comfort for all residents. Regardless of lifestyle, residents enjoy our premium amenities, professional care services, and well-curated activities and outings. As with all Happy Living by COGIR communities, delicious high-quality meals are served throughout the day and attentive staff is ready with a smile for any need. It is worth noting that many residents especially love Vallejo Hills Retirement Community because it is warm, vibrant, and perfectly located for quick trips to Wine Country, Cache Creek Casino, Mare Island, and other popular destinations.

Happy Living means premium care and services for you or a loved one

Active seniors enjoy an independent lifestyle, full of activities and outings in comfortable social environments. Without the need to worry about meals and housekeeping, life can be enjoyed to the fullest.

For seniors needing any level of daily assistance, there are plenty of on-site activities and trips specially geared to your needs and preferences. Eat well, partake in an enriching past-time, and enjoy your comfortable Happy Living community home.

Amenities and Conveniences

Happy Living communities are handsomely furnished with residents’ comfort and lifestyles in mind.

Residents enjoy the many different nooks and lounge areas for reading, chatting, playing cards, or simply enjoying the fire-place. The media centers are great spaces to comfortably watch a film on a large screen with friends. For game and puzzle fans there is an impressive collection to choose from and dedicated large tables to use.

Outdoor spaces are very well kept and host an abundance of trees, plants, and flowers. Residents love the peaceful walking paths of our courtyards and the comfortable chairs and tables for outdoor dining or lounging.

With resort hotel-like amenities, residents have access to concierge service and private transports in a specialized van or bus. The clean spacious apartment homes are tended by the professional housekeeping service, and almost anything you need can be brought right to your door.

Active Living

Residents love our wide range of activities and outings.

The on-site Activity and Event teams are dedicated to providing entertainment and enrichment for all residents in an inviting social atmosphere. Private vans and buses allow our residents to easily shop, explore the city and attend medical appointments.

Daily Assistance

Because every resident is unique, we offer a range of services from occasional assistance to comprehensive support.

With Happy Living, residents receive warm and respectful assistance from a dedicated care professional. Care-levels can increase with changing needs, as per the advice of our physical and mental health experts and after consultation with loved ones.

Happy Living communities offer a wide range of care services adapted to your needs:

• Housekeeping and concierge service
  • Attentive staff available around the clock
  • Constant concern for confidentiality and privacy
  • Assistance with mobility, hygiene, dining, dressing, and daily tasks
  • Incontinence management
  • Medication and Diabetes management

Assisted Living residents benefit from personalized daily care and mobility assistance around the entire property, as well as in the privacy of their apartment home.

Map of Vallejo Hills Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir