North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

2261 Tuolumne, Vallejo, CA 94589
North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir (800) 385-2527

Reviews of North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Assisted Living Reviews for North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

November 09, 2015

By Caring daughter41

My mother is in Brookdale North Bay. Everybody is very helpful and caring, and my mother is more engaged and happier. She is in a one-bedroom apartment with a little kitchen area with a microwave and a nice-sized bedroom with a walk-in closet. It works for her needs. There’s a lot of activities that I’ve seen a lot of people participating in. I’ve eaten there a few times, and the food is perfectly fine with good variety.

August 22, 2015

By jimparades

I am a friend of a resident at Brookdale North Bay. It was called Emeritus the last time I have visited prior to my recent one a couple of weeks ago. I was able to see the difference compared to when it was Emeritus. Employees and residents are happier it seemed. My friend is happy and very contented now and she always tells me to move in when my times comes (I am also a senior). People greets you by name, place is not too big and residents are very friendly.

April 22, 2015

By amaxwell

I really wish I could give this place no stars. This place is beyond horrible. This place is just after your money and nothing else they do not care about the residents at all. They may seem nice at first like the manager Jennifer who was so friendly and welcoming until we signed the dotted line then when we tried to stop past her office to ask her a question she couldn't even be bothered to look up from her computer. My mother was supposed to move in so we signed paperwork to get one of their specials where you get first month, 7th month, and 13th month free. We signed the paperwork and the clock started rolling and the apartment still wasn't even ready, they had not even been to see my mother to do the assessment which they are supposed to do before a new tenant moves in. My mother took a turn for the worst and was going to end up needing more care then they can provide. We cancelled everything on 3/6/15 and on 3/19/15 were told we would receive a full refund which was great but now it's been 47 days since we cancelled and they still will not issue us our refund. Tried to call corporate and they just told us how they will keep our money as long as they feel like and told us to read our contract which is funny considering they never would give us a copy of the contract which makes it invalid. California tenant law states that you must submit a tenant a refund within 21 days. Save yourself the headache and keep looking don't choose Brookdale at North Bay.

Thank your for sharing your concerns and allowing us an opportunity to respond. We have confirmation your refund has since been delivered.

February 10, 2015

I've already moved my father into Emeritus at North Bay, and we liked the price and location to the hospital. The staff are very attentive, very upbeat, very helpful, and everybody there wants to make it a good experience; they are all very positive. The room is nicely sized. The facility is older and at some point probably needs to be updated. The food is fine -- not gourmet. There are card games, movies, they go out periodically, some good interaction with the community as well as keeping the residents busy. It's a good, solid place to go to.

January 19, 2015

By Barbara97488250

The facility is a little more expensive and further away from my house. What I like about Emeritus at North Bay is that the surrounding growths are really nice. They have a few more trees and seemed like a little more park-like. The people there are all very nice. They are all very helpful and friendly. I felt like they are very knowledgeable and was able to answer the questions that I have.

August 30, 2014

We were able to visit Emeritus at North Bay and it was very nice, but expensive. It's like a cruise ship and the place smelled good. They got everything that you want. The rooms were nice and the food was good.

By Ken23

What I saw at Emeritus, I liked very much. That would have been a choice if I needed more assistance. I like the friendliness and the facility itself. The bedrooms were a little bigger, and they had a full-force air heating and conditioning. I was happy with everybody.

July 19, 2014

I have some friends living at Emeritus. The facility was OK. The rooms were good; however, I think the rooms were better in the other facility I visited.

By Bev M.

The directors at Emeritus at North Bay are all very, very nice. I like the really caring and knowledgeable attitude of the administrator and staff. They seemed very well experienced with regard to caring for their residents. The furnishings were good. The apartments were nice. I think my favorite thing about this place was the cafeteria or lunch room because they had a salad bar and multiple choices of entr?e. It is also open all day long, not just at meal-serving times.

June 17, 2014

By Gregg3137

The facilities at Emeritus at North Bay were pretty nice. I enjoyed everything, actually. Everything was wonderful. They were expensive, though.

June 12, 2014

By Mary93071150

Zach was the first contact that I had when I began visiting assisted living communities in this area of CA. I was impressed with the education he was giving me about what questions to ask, what to look for, and ways to determine whether or not this was the right fit for my 90 year old father. I am very grateful for Zach's help and his genuine interest in providing me with ways to navigate these unknown waters. Most of the marketing and admissions directors know one another and there doesn't seem to be a competitiveness that presents any pressure to pick one senior living community over another. The reason Emeritus at North Bay was not chosen is that it was not near enough to my brother and the medical facility that would be used for my dad.

Independent Living Reviews for North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Costs for North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Photos of North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Services and Amenities of North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

About North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir

Located in the beautiful Bay Area with easy access to Wine Country, North Bay Retirement Community offers Independent Living and Assisted Living options – both with impeccable attention to care and comfort for all residents. Regardless of lifestyle, residents enjoy our premium amenities, professional care services, and well-curated activities and outings. As with all Happy Living by COGIR communities, delicious high-quality meals are served throughout the day and attentive staff are ready with a smile for any need. It is worth noting that North Bay Retirement Community is especially loved for the warmth of its residents and staff, and for the convenient access to shopping, dining, and scenic green spaces. Visit the community and be sure to take in the views of the Napa River and Mare Island Straits.

Independent Living:

North Bay Retirement Community residents fully enjoy resort hotel-like amenities including restaurant-style all-day dining, cleaning service, and private bus transportation. Quality, comfort, and enjoyment are paramount to Happy Living and residents take advantage of the warm accommodations and professional hospitality services to pursue their passions, socialize, and enjoy every day.

Assisted Living:

If you or a loved one requires attentive daily assistance, the large team of passionate professional caregivers at North Bay Retirement Community is eager to welcome you to our family and share the high-quality services, meals, and activities that define the Happy Living brand.

Care and assistance:

• Transportation to medical appointments
  • Services tailored to changing needs
  • Mobility assistance
  • Hygiene assistance
  • Dressing assistance

Accommodations and services:

• One or Two bedroom apartments
  • Heating, hot water and electricity included
  • Telephone, cable and Internet

• Complete WIFI coverage in common areas
  • Pet Friendly

Food services:

• All-day dining hours
  • Dining hall with table service
  • Community kitchen
  • Private dining rooms
  • Chef-prepared, Nutritionist-approved menu

Activities and leisure:

• Variety of scheduled daily acitivities and outings
  • Bus/van transportation
  • Activity room
  • Theatre
  • Arts & crafts studio
  • Plenty of puzzles and board games
  • Billiards
  • Special events in the community
  • Music and film evenings
  • Teaching and learning

Safe environment:

• 24-hour security
  • Nurses on-site
  • Emergency response throughout property
  • Fence and surveillance around property

We are nearby Dan Foley Park, Richardson Park, Vallejo Shopping Center and medical centers and clinics. Shopping, dining and entertainment are close by.

Map of North Bay Retirement Community - Happy Living by Cogir