Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Offers Memory Care

431 Nut Tree Road, Vacaville, CA 95687
Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 10 days

Concession of $500 off for three months totaling $1500. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

July 19, 2021

By Lupe Brown

Rosa and her staff are AWESOME! We feel very good about my mother in law being taken care of at Pacifica. No one is more genuinely caring than Rosa! She has also been very helpful in helping to get my father in law into Pacifica.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

July 15, 2021

By Gloria Hamilton

My father has been living in assistant living for about 6 years now. He's been at Pacifica for about 2 1/2 months. First and formost for me, Pacifica is clean and well taken care of. The rooms are spacious and fits all his belongings. I love how the community is set up like 5 houses, each with their own amenities. And having all the houses join together in certain activities is great. Recently, there was a 100th Birthday celebration for one of the residents that was amazing! There was a parade of classic cars and a lot of the community of Vacaville was involved. Rosa works very hard to make events like that happen.The courtyard is beautiful and well kept, perfect for mornings walks. Activities director Alyssa, is great at keeping the residents busy and moving. The staff is very professional, friendly, and easy to talk to. Any questions that I have are always answered in a timely manner. I like that all the staff interacts with the residents, not just the Caregivers and Med-techs. I would definitely recommend Pacifica Senior Living to anyone looking for a place for their loved ones.

Gloria Hamilton, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

May 24, 2021

By Bill2

Rosa was extremely helpful, friendly and competent. She took over the process of transferring my dad from the hospital to Pacifica Vacaville. She took away a lot of stress from us, and we truly are thankful we found Rosa.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville. Thank you again, we hope that you have a wonderful day.

May 24, 2021

By ReviewerEM0504

Very cordial, helpful, positive, and caring. Very nice facilities and staff.

Hi Reviewerem0504, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

April 16, 2021

By Nanci

From the onset, Rosa was and has been facbulous! So welcoming and helpful in all. So friendly.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

April 16, 2021

By Dennis

The application process was straight forward. Rosa was always available to answer our questions.

Hi Dennis, Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day! If you have any questions, please give us a call. We're always happy to help!

April 11, 2021

By Doug

All the workers are gladly helpful, professional, caring, and always with healthy practices working toward the betterment of the patient. Thank you all very much.

Hi Doug, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

April 11, 2021

By Debi

I'm so grateful for Pacifica. Trying to get my mother a caring and safe placement during the Covid era was very challenging. Pacifica's staff, especially Rosa, made the difficulties manageable.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

April 06, 2021

By Ashlee

We have truly enjoyed working with Rosa, Melody and the caregivers at Pappa's House. They have been supportive in this difficult transition of moving my father into their care. We can't thank you enough for what you all do.

Ashlee, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

April 06, 2021

By Bill

So far, everything is fine and appears to be running very smoothly and efficiently. Very nice staff.

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

February 22, 2021

By Joleene

Anna has lived here over 5 years and has always received a high quality of care. As her POA, I am very satisfied with her care.

Hi Joleene, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

February 22, 2021

By ReviewerJO0218A

Very pleased with care and staff.

February 08, 2021

By Sharon

Visited family member. Received excellent service from Rosa in regards to my sister, Betty.

February 08, 2021

By Debbie

The staff has done an amazing job. There has been no issues with the care of my mom.

December 30, 2020

By Lauren

Pacifica has exceeded our expectations. We are now confident that our mother is cared for by staff that is genuinely caring. Our family is treated warmly and kindly. This is a wonderful residence and I have great respect and admiration for everyone here. With sincere appreciation for all that you do!

Hi Lauren, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

December 30, 2020

By All of this Cynthia

Outstanding services. As soon as my brother arrived to Pacifica Vacaville, we feel good about the community.

December 24, 2020

By Doreen

We have received great service and my sister is taken great care of. We love the facility and staff.

December 19, 2020

By Chris

Kind, caring, compassionate, professional care for my mom. I can't thank the staff at Pacifica enough for providing such amazing care for my mom.

December 08, 2020

By L. Jackson

Provided love, compassion, and support for my loved one.

December 07, 2020

By lamulgrew

My sister has been in this facility for ten years. She has resided at every house during the course of her residence. Though some staff has changed during this time she the facility has always delivered the best care. Her activities were trimmed to her needs. As she declined the staff adjusted and always gave her loving care. They are patient, caring and truly treat her as family.

Hi Lamulgrew, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

November 19, 2020

By Allan F.

Services to date have been great! Facility staff have been very responsive and helpful with getting my wife moved in.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service and care to every resident and their families. We are so are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!

November 15, 2020

By Jennifer

Our mom needed to go from assisted living to memory care and Pacifica was the obvious choice. From the very beginning, we received authentic care and attention. It is not easy finding the right place, but Pacifica made us feel we found it.

October 06, 2020

By DSutherland

The staff in the houses and administrators are very caring, compassionate and helpful. I feel that my mom's care is of the best available. It has been very hard to see her deteriorate from dementia but Pacifica Senior Living takes such amazing care of her I know it is what is best for her and she is happy. I like the feel of the home atmosphere and they are always doing activities with the residents.

Hi Dsutherland, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

October 05, 2020

By S Marie

The rooms are small and charming but the cottage format of the facilities makes it incredibly homey.

October 04, 2020

By KFam

I like the small house set up, with the rooms surrounding the common areas. I like the outside area.They have daily activities and since the residents are mixed in care levels, even those that cannot participate much seem to have the opportunity to interact with others who have more skills. The staff are nice but the only issue i have had is that there are different people in the house. It may just be that my mom entered during the pandemic so we have not had much time to really get to know who is usually working there.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us!

October 03, 2020

By LVONYA

My family visit the facility often and the Pacifica staff members are very kind, helpful and show that they care about their residents. The rooms look great. They are nice and well kept. The staff engage in a variety of activities with their residents.

Lvonya, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living Vacaville!

September 28, 2020

By CJG2020

My mother has been a resident here for many years now. The staff is kind and caring and attentive to my mothers needs. They ALWAYS contact me immediately if they have to notify me of any changes with my mom. Their staff does not just sit around on their phones when things are slow, they are constantly looking out for the well being of my mom and the other residents and are doing everything they can to keep them safe, secure, and as happy as they can be in their current situations. They handle tough cases with kindness and empathy and this why I'm giving them such a high review here. I interact with the office staff on a regular basis and they are always attentive to my needs and respond very quickly. I also interact with the director regularly and she makes herself available to me at all times with questions I may have. They also have regular ZOOM meetings for all updates during Covid which really helps put our family at ease during this difficult time. I'm thrilled that we have found a place for my mom where the entire staff is efficient and professional and kind and caring at the same time. I would Highly recommend this care facility to any family member that is suffering with Alzheimer's or Dementia.

Cjg2020, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

June 17, 2019

By GwagonS

My father has been in Pacifica Senior Living in Vacaville for about 6 months now and I am very pleased with his time / care there. Because of all of the change he’s been through recently, I was worried about him slowing down, but I’ll visit at random times and I have loved seeing my dad playing bingo and volleyball with the other residents. It’s hard to trust anyone with caring for your parent or loved one anywhere, but I really appreciate how my father is taken care of there. Thank you Pacifica!

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive review, we appreciate it. We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

June 04, 2019

By lhk123

Total lack of communication between the family's concerns with the management. They do not respond to your calls or concerns.A huge disappointment. The caregivers are good, sometimes GREAT. The rooms are clean and new, the courtyard and the cottage style of living is like home.

We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director. We hope to hear from you soon.

August 01, 2018

By She0721

Pacifica of Vacaville is very nice, and I like the cottage house style setting. Everything was very new and the upkeep director was very friendly and knowledgeable. They were doing bingo one time when we were there. They have a very large patio and walkways for the residents to garden and visit with family.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are very proud of our community and support staff. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions.

June 15, 2017

By @Lucky

The care givers and staff are very professional. and provide loving care to residents. Highly recommend this facility based on almost daily visits to a family member for more that two years. Josephine on the office staff provided outstanding assistance on solving problems.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it & hope to see you again!

May 10, 2017

By Happy Visitor561305

Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville is very clean, excellent, and has great help. I'm very satisfied. They have individual homes around a courtyard. It?s a locked facility with a kitchen and rec room in each home. My husband likes the food even though he's a cook and is picky. The staff is very efficient and caring. I'd highly recommend it to anyone with dementia or Alzheimer's.

Thank you for your 5 star positive review. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.

May 10, 2016

By RelativeRSABW

It is fine. They have different cottages with up to 15 residents in each one where they try to put people together who need the same level of care. They also have single rooms and shared rooms. Mom is in a shared room with a sink and two closets. The bathrooms are community and located down the hallway. The staff seems fine, but there are more men than I'm used to. It's cleaner and smells better than where Mom used to live. Mom's hygiene is better at this place.

Thank you for your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? We try to post weekly and enjoy hearing the families feedback. Thank you again for your review, we appreciate it. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (707) 449-1350.

April 25, 2016

By JMC1

The staff was very nice, very friendly, and caring with Mom. The facilities looked nice. Mom's room was a shared room.

September 23, 2014

I liked it, but it was maybe 30 minutes away. The staff set aside time to sit down with me, go over my husband’s situation, and tell me what was available, and I appreciated that. What stands out is that they seemed adequately staffed for the number of patients and for the type of patients. These are all patients who have dementia so they need 24-hour care. The rooms were nice. It was an older building but still very nice and quite homey. They had their own furniture, a lot of pillows, and a lot of blankets. The dining room was very good. There was somebody who was always there either reading or playing music. I’d say it was excellent.

January 12, 2014

By Art7

We needed to move my father because he was wandering around the previous facility that he was in. I have eaten there twice and it's really good. Each cottage has its own bedroom. Some of them have two bedrooms and one room that's just private room and we got the private room. I like the people because they are really friendly. The place is more of a homey atmosphere and that's what my dad likes. They give a monthly calendar with all of the trips that they are going.

Thank you for your review.
See all Memory Care reviews (44) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a nurse, 2 med techs, a minimum of 8 caregivers, 2 activity personnel and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff consists of 1 med tech, 4 caregivers, and a nurse on-call.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the licensed nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, licensed nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville is located in a neighborhood community which includes residential housing, senior apartments, and is close to shopping, medical services and restaurants.

Is Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Pacifica Senior Living is not affiliated directly with a hospital however has longstanding relationships with local hospitals including Kaiser, VacaValley and David Grant Medical Center to support additional care needs for our residents.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

About Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Offering Specialized Memory Care

Legacies™ Memory Care

The Pacifica Legacies™ program is specially designed to support an individual’s feelings of security and belonging with activities, interests and cognitive abilities. Our specially trained staff is trained to care for seniors living with memory impairment, such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.

Memory care is based on scientific evidence that there are ways to help people navigate Alzheimer’s and other dementia diseases without losing the quality of life. Our Daily 7 program encompasses the 7 daily activities focused on specific areas to draw on past interests and life skills.

Daily 7

• Music (M)*
  • Life Enrichment Skills (L)*
  • Outdoor Activities (O)*

Featured Amenities

• Cottages face a secure courtyard, featuring a guiding hand rail for support and safety
  • Pet friendly community* (*Special Restrictions Apply)
  • Indoor & Outdoor Common Areas that encourage socializing
  • On-site Beauty Salon & Barber Shop with experienced caring beautician
  • Complimentary Weekly Housekeeping & Laundry Service
  • Dietary Monitoring with specialized diets available
  • Dining with friends, enjoying healthy ingredients and great tasting cuisine designed by our experienced Culinary team.
  • Complimentary Transportation Service to local Physicians’ Offices or Local Attractions.
  • Devotional Weekly Services for all denominations and more!

Meet Our Caring & Dedicated Team

• On-Site Dedicated Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
  • Medication Care Managers / Medication Technicians
  • Non-smoking community
  • Visiting Occupational Therapist
  • 24-Hour Awake Staff
  • Visiting Podiatrist, Speech Therapist and Physical Therapist
  • Ongoing Specialized Training for our experienced Caregivers and more!

A memory care only community featuring 5 individual cottages each with their own unique homelike environment.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville