Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

September 23, 2014

I liked Courtyard Cottages, but it was maybe 30 minutes away. The staff set aside time to sit down with me, go over my husband’s situation, and tell me what was available, and I appreciated that. What stands out is that they seemed adequately staffed for the number of patients and for the type of patients. These are all patients who have dementia so they need 24-hour care. The rooms were nice. It was an older building but still very nice and quite homey. They had their own furniture, a lot of pillows, and a lot of blankets. The dining room was very good. There was somebody who was always there either reading or playing music. I’d say it was excellent.

January 31, 2014

Courtside Cottages was an excellent facility but it was way more expensive than I could ever afford for my mother. The staff was wonderful. They were very helpful and very nice. My dad really liked it there. The problem was he couldn't go there and stay with my mother, because he wasn't diagnosed with Alzheimer's, so they couldn't take him in. They have different cottages and they all open to this big open courtyard in the middle. The cottages would run from those that were higher functioning to those where they couldn't function any longer. So you move from cottage to cottage as your disease progresses. That was kind of cool. In every cottage, it was just like a big house where they had a kitchen, a TV room and other facilities and their own staff. It was very good. This facility did have planned activities for their residents. They let them get in and help cook, which my mother would have loved at that time. They have a lot to participate in. They would bring people in and they have a van where they take some of the higher functioning people to places. If you have the money, this community is well worth it.

January 23, 2014

By caring71883550

Courtside Cottages in Vacaville are just little cottages and in those cottages are different levels of care, depending on the residents and the amount of care they needed. If they didn't need a whole lot of care, they'd be in one cottage and if they needed more care, they'd be in another. I liked that. It was very nice. The staff was nice. The director gave me the tour and as we went to each cottage, she introduced me to the staff and they were very pleasant. They seem to be okay with the residents. I kind of like the idea, but the only thing I didn't really feel comfortable with is I didn't feel like it was a homey environment. Their prices were a little bit lower to where my mom is now and I would have moved my mom there.

January 12, 2014

By Art7

We needed to move my father to Courtside Cottages because he was wandering around the previous facility that he was in. I have eaten there twice and it's really good. Each cottage has its own bedroom. Some of them have two bedrooms and one room that's just private room and we got the private room. I like the people because they are really friendly. The place is more of a homey atmosphere and that's what my dad likes. They give a monthly calendar with all of the trips that they are going.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

During the day, our staff includes a nurse, 2 med techs, a minimum of 8 caregivers, 2 activity personnel and other ancillary staff, such as kitchen, maintenance, and administration personnel. Our overnight staff consists of 1 med tech, 4 caregivers, and a nurse on-call.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the licensed nurse every 90 days. After the resident has had his/her assessment, a care conference is scheduled with the family/Power of Attorney and resident to meet with the executive director, licensed nurse, and activities director.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville is located in a neighborhood community which includes residential housing, senior apartments, and is close to shopping, medical services and restaurants.

Is Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Pacifica Senior Living is not affiliated directly with a hospital however has longstanding relationships with local hospitals including Kaiser, VacaValley and David Grant Medical Center to support additional care needs for our residents.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

About Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville

Offering Specialized Memory Care

Legacies™ Memory Care

The Pacifica Legacies™ program is specially designed to support an individual’s feelings of security and belonging with activities, interests and cognitive abilities. Our specially trained staff is trained to care for seniors living with memory impairment, such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.

Memory care is based on scientific evidence that there are ways to help people navigate Alzheimer’s and other dementia diseases without losing the quality of life. Our Daily 7 program encompasses the 7 daily activities focused on specific areas to draw on past interests and life skills.

Daily 7

• Music (M)*
  • Life Enrichment Skills (L)*
  • Outdoor Activities (O)*

Featured Amenities

• Cottages face a secure courtyard, featuring a guiding hand rail for support and safety
  • Pet friendly community* (*Special Restrictions Apply)
  • Indoor & Outdoor Common Areas that encourage socializing
  • On-site Beauty Salon & Barber Shop with experienced caring beautician
  • Complimentary Weekly Housekeeping & Laundry Service
  • Dietary Monitoring with specialized diets available
  • Dining with friends, enjoying healthy ingredients and great tasting cuisine designed by our experienced Culinary team.
  • Complimentary Transportation Service to local Physicians’ Offices or Local Attractions.
  • Devotional Weekly Services for all denominations and more!

Meet Our Caring & Dedicated Team

• On-Site Dedicated Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
  • Medication Care Managers / Medication Technicians
  • Non-smoking community
  • Visiting Occupational Therapist
  • 24-Hour Awake Staff
  • Visiting Podiatrist, Speech Therapist and Physical Therapist
  • Ongoing Specialized Training for our experienced Caregivers and more!

A memory care only community featuring 5 individual cottages each with their own unique homelike environment.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living of Vacaville