Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town

Reviews of Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town

January 17, 2016

By Anonymous Visitor3

I was able to visit Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town. It was a very nice place, although it was expensive, especially with yearly increases.

December 16, 2015

By Jill30

The people at Brookdale Vacaville were very nice. They keep calling me and following up, and so I've been very pleased. One of the things that I liked was the patio or the deck. I prefer a ground floor, but the deck was upstairs. I've been to another one here in Vacaville that does not have that even though it's newer. I like having an outside space. The size of the room was good. Because it’s an older property, some of the bathrooms had a cut out tub rather than a roll-in shower, so that would be sort of an issue for us if we go and need to have the roll-in shower. The people were very friendly, very helpful, and seemed to be kind.

July 29, 2015

By Caring111112050

We put my father in Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town for about a month and a half now. They make a lot of mistakes, but I think that is just human nature. He complains a lot about the food not being what he ordered. They keep delivering the wrong foods. He had to send it back and wait longer for the correct meal to come. He has an apartment, and we had a lot of problems with it too. The air conditioner was completely broken when we moved in. There were cockroaches coming out of the air conditioner and spiders all over the place. They did come in and treat it, but we should not have had to deal with it in the first place.

December 02, 2014

Emeritus was one of the places that we saw and approved of so far. The senior living arrangement was well thought out. The apartments had one or two bedrooms with nice floor plans. The grounds were very appealing. You had a feel of being rural even though you were in the city. They kept the ground very green. I also enjoyed the activities that they had for the seniors there. They presented a calendar of daily activities. I would recommend them. The staff was very welcoming.

June 26, 2014

By Lorelie1

My mom was at Emeritus at Leisure Town before. I liked it because they had a lot of activities, treated everybody really nicely, and it was clean and neat. In this particular one, you own your own home-like duplex, and then you could go into assisted living from there. They were wonderful, understanding, great cooks, and everybody helped all the time. The facility's swimming pool was neat and clean. They make sure that everybody who goes in there doesn't have any open sores.

November 21, 2013

By Deborah23

I like Merrill Gardens a lot. I like that all the rooms had at least small patios. Even the studio apartments had small patios, which would help because mostly I like the outdoor space. I also like the way the dining room was set up. The facility was a tiny bit less expensive but then they have what they call an association fee and that was a big wallop - that's a big money! When they take your application, you have to come up with that amount of money, plus the first and last months' rents, so overall, it was expensive to move in there. The staff was not as well organized as the one in Davis. It was a very busy facility and there were a lot of people doing things. However, I just felt like maybe there weren't enough people in the front office and that's just the impression I got. In terms of activities, in one area, they had games like bingo, etc., and then in the lobby area, there was a pianist and there residents sitting around in a sing-a-long. They also have a bus for their residents going someplace.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town

July 24, 2013

By Art7

Merrill Gardens is an independent living. My dad has dementia so we decided to transfer him to another facility that is more secure, but the facility is great. I ate there a couple of times with my dad and the food was fantastic. The people were really nice. My dad's room was always clean. I think they clean the rooms once a week. He can wash his own clothes, but they would wash his sheets and beddings.

December 11, 2012

By HoneyEeds

My Mom just moved in here and she is enjoying all of the activities and the people she is around. There are a few issues with repairs getting done in a timely fashion, but the apartment itself is roomy (2 bedrooms) and has a small kitchen that my Mom enjoys.

Photos of Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: Residential Care Eldery

About Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Our apartments have Patios/balconies. We have awesome Special Events that our residents love to attend. The community has a cheerful, homey setting. We had a complete interior renovation in 2016!

Map of Brookdale Vacaville Leisure Town