Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care

Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care

April 29, 2014

Sunnyside Gardens Assisted Living had some exceptional care staff and a good many that were mediocre. They have a rotating staff, and apparently, they don't compensate their staff well, so it's like a rotating door with a few exceptions. You have constant change in staff. I did not find them particularly well-trained and certainly not in the special needs of my father. He is mature, and that means his skin is fragile. I spent three sessions before admission detailing his life, our life, and his needs pre-admission, and I was assured that they could be addressed. They represented themselves as a small boutique, very individual-oriented, and yet I did not have a game plan ever legitimately presented to me for extending his platform for the memory issues, for the dementia onset. Frankly, I think, in retrospect, it was a mistake on my part in that he was certainly not very near the higher functioning, as the folks in there were. I would leave him at night in bed, and when I would come the next afternoon, he'd have some cuts on his legs that the care staff had not addressed. I did not find it a well-managed organization. I think their community director, Tanya, was fabulous. But we left not satisfied. The chaos in their memory care dining room was just agitating to my dad. He was a great deal more competent than they were prepared to address, like placing him in memory care. He should not have been placed in memory care initially. Yes, he had memory issues, but he would have been much better served in assisted living.

Photos of Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care

Services and Amenities of Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care

About Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care

Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care is a senior living provider in Sunnyvale, California that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care for more details on services and rates.

Map of Sunnyside Gardens assisted living and memory care