Sunrise of Santa Monica

1313 15th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404
Sunrise of Santa Monica (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 30 days

Please ask about our year end special pricing!

Reviews of Sunrise of Santa Monica

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Santa Monica

June 07, 2015

I went to Sunrise of Santa Monica. I talked to the manager who was very nice. I liked it a lot. I think it was nice and bright. They had an Alzheimer's unit, which made it very nice. The manager was delightful. I really liked him. Everybody I met was very friendly.

May 29, 2015

Sunrise was a little more ornate than the other facility I visited. It was very expensive. They had lots of food choices, and it was actually quite good. It was restaurant quality. We only saw one room, and it was very nicely decorated and spacious. The staff was extremely good. They had a lot of activities like chair yoga and music hours. It was very nice.

August 29, 2014

By Russ8

We also visited Sunrise. It wasn’t as nice as the other one we visited, but it was OK. The staff was fine. They were good and helpful. The dining room was fine, but we didn't try the food. They had activities and they were playing some kind of game.

June 10, 2014

The rooms at Sunrise were very small. It was very well decorated. It seemed like a lot of extracurricular activities for the residents. I saw the dining room. It was very nice, but I didn’t eat there. It was a gentleman who took me around. He was very informative, very friendly, and very nice.

February 27, 2014

By Dan22

We had a meal at Sunrise. The food was adequate, but the dining room was less elegant and was more industrial. The staff was all good and helpful. The place is not as elegant. The rooms were adequate. It's closer to the beach. It was fine and I liked it.

September 17, 2013

By Caring Monica

Sunrise of Santa Monica is too big and too expensive. It is in a safe environment but it is not what I want for my mother. Their staff is very nice and very professional. I would recommend this place if they can afford it.

August 28, 2013

I had a great tour at Sunrise of Santa Monica. The person who toured us around was great. Everything was fine there. Sunrise was a great facility.

August 01, 2013

My dad has been at Sunrise Senior Living for five years and I go there all the time. They have a pretty high rating and they're a very nice facility. They seem to have the same type of arrangement as the others, where they take the people out when they need to visit things, have a dining room and recreational activities. They have a court at the center of the place where people can sit around and walk in a little park area, which is very nice.

September 24, 2012

By asyogl

The amenities are incredibly clean; cleaner than any assisted living home (or similar establishment I have ever visited). Assisted living homes always have a certain smell that I've come to associate with the elderly, and this was no exception; however, the smell was considerably milder than anywhere else. The residents all appeared very happy, nobody was staring forlornly out the window or anything like that. I was able to see the calendar, which had a very elaborate and populated schedule of events for the residents, with a wide variety of activities. The staff appeared to be very friendly and genial. The neighborhood in Santa Monica is also a very nice location, though I am always somewhat averse to driving in Santa Monica due to traffic. In the main eating/dining room there's a piano that's actually kept in really nice condition, tuned and everything. My friends and I are pianists and we entertained the room for a bit, appears they're actually used to having performances here regularly.

May 15, 2012

By Bruce1

They have excellent food, and the rooms are nicely done. Nursing are half skilled though.

October 03, 2011

By Chris3000

For the most part, Sunrise Senior Living is a pleasant provider. The nurses are extremely thoughtful, immediately remembering each patient and their family after just their first time with them. With my uncle being there, we were really concerned about the drop off of the facilities from home, and while there is definitely a change, it is by no means bad. My uncle has a window with a great view of Santa Monica, and the breeze from the beach is quite lovely. The rooms are quite up to date and all of the televisions have plenty of cable stations. The staff works very hard to make it seem less like a facility and more like some kind of nice home. I gave it a 4 out of 5 for these reasons. The only 5 it is not a 5 is because I do not believe the assistance goes far enough in being proactive. I would like to see much more attention shown to helping people fight for their lives, as opposed to just making their last days pleasant. I know that is a personal choice, so its hard to hold that against them, but I have to anyway. Still, Sunrise Senior Living is a great place for assisted living.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Santa Monica