Sunrise of San Rafael

Sunrise of San Rafael (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise of San Rafael

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of San Rafael

October 02, 2014

Aegis was pleasant, but it just didn’t have the same welcoming feeling that we experienced. It was larger; they had more in their community. I probably would recommend the facility.

September 01, 2011

By Melanie Haiken1

This high-quality assisted living facility provided care for my best friend's uncle for many years. He suffered from dementia and was extremely demanding and they met all his needs. He even fell in love with a fellow resident and they accommodated that relationship, taking the two of them on "dates." I have known several friends who've had family members at this facility and everyone speaks so highly of it.

July 01, 2011

By DrJames'Corner

This is a huge complex--close to 300 residents--in a good area of San Rafael that offers assisted living only. I know it well through clients I've referred there. It's located in a commercial neighborhood, close to Northgate Mall, and there are lots of other shops nearby. Parking is great, and it's close to a freeway, but it's not accessible to public transportation. It's a beautiful place. Lots of green, flowers, beautiful grounds. It has the feel of a big B&B, with a little upscale cafeteria for breakfast and lunch--and always lots of treats available: cookies, brownies, lemonade, tea. It's also very clean and feels homelike even though it's large. The staff is wonderful: positive, high energy, professional, welcoming. They have case management, physical therapists, occupational therapists, all well trained. And the activities are excellent. There's a gym for workouts, a yoga class, a stretch class, lots more. And they have a weekly menu for food that's served restaurant style. The food is very good.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Photos of Sunrise of San Rafael

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of San Rafael

About Sunrise of San Rafael

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of San Rafael