Sunrise of San Rafael

Sunrise of San Rafael (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise of San Rafael

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of San Rafael

January 24, 2015

Aegis is a very nice facility. It has more assisted living options. They have memory care there too. It is a very nice facility that is a little smaller. But overall I think it is a good design for seniors. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. It is nice, clean, and well decorated. They seem to have a large number of staff available to look after the residents.

October 02, 2014

Aegis was pleasant, but it just didn’t have the same welcoming feeling that we experienced. It was larger; they had more in their community. I probably would recommend the facility.

September 01, 2011

By Melanie Haiken1

This high-quality assisted living facility provided care for my best friend's uncle for many years. He suffered from dementia and was extremely demanding and they met all his needs. He even fell in love with a fellow resident and they accommodated that relationship, taking the two of them on "dates." I have known several friends who've had family members at this facility and everyone speaks so highly of it.

July 01, 2011

By DrJames'Corner

This is a huge complex--close to 300 residents--in a good area of San Rafael that offers assisted living only. I know it well through clients I've referred there. It's located in a commercial neighborhood, close to Northgate Mall, and there are lots of other shops nearby. Parking is great, and it's close to a freeway, but it's not accessible to public transportation. It's a beautiful place. Lots of green, flowers, beautiful grounds. It has the feel of a big B&B, with a little upscale cafeteria for breakfast and lunch--and always lots of treats available: cookies, brownies, lemonade, tea. It's also very clean and feels homelike even though it's large. The staff is wonderful: positive, high energy, professional, welcoming. They have case management, physical therapists, occupational therapists, all well trained. And the activities are excellent. There's a gym for workouts, a yoga class, a stretch class, lots more. And they have a weekly menu for food that's served restaurant style. The food is very good.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews