The Manse on Marsh

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

475 Marsh Street, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
The Manse on Marsh (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 166 days

$300-500 off regular monthly rent, OR Waive Entrance Fee, OR Free First Month, OR Free One-Month Trial Stay, OR Move you in for free

PROMOTION! 166 days

Reviews of The Manse on Marsh

Assisted Living Reviews for The Manse on Marsh

February 29, 2016

By Lauren18

We chose The Manse on Marsh for our parents because of the overall quality of the facility. They have a whole calendar of activities for their residents. The staff are A+ because they are extremely compassionate. I am impressed too with the quality of the food; it was excellent.

December 30, 2015

By Pat118458150

We found the Manse on the Marsh for my mother-in-law. I have a very good experience with it. It is very good. The rooms are very nice. There are different options. There are studios and one-bedrooms. The dining room seems very clean, although my mother-in-law doesn’t go down there much. The dining room looks nice and she likes the food. They have different programs going on quite a bit.

December 30, 2015

By Deborah117097650

Manse on Marsh is on a busy street and is less expensive. It was extremely high end; very nice, very clean, and very welcoming. The people were very nice; it seemed like the doors were really hard wood and the décor was done really nice. It was a beautiful facility and the nice thing about them, if you’re a veteran or if your husband was a veteran, they give you a substantial discount which I thought was very kind and very nice. I didn’t try their meals but I have heard that it’s very good. Everybody that I know that’s been there really likes it and I just felt so comfortable there.

May 01, 2015

By Audrey19

I visited The Manse on the Marsh. It was a very nice community. The people were very friendly, and the surroundings were very nice because it had a very large outdoor area. The Manse on the Marsh is right downtown, so it is relatively small compared to the other facility. However, the inside was very nice. They have a very nice dining room. Sanitation was topnotch.

Audrey, Thank you for your feedback. We really do our best to keep the Manse a top tier community, thank you for noticing.

April 06, 2015

By Christina15

The fellow who helps me was very dynamic, friendly, and seemed like he really cared about the family. He seemed like he enjoyed his job and likes working well. The building was beautiful and amazing. It’s a place that I would like to live. They have a lot of good social areas like a movie theater with arm chairs. When I went there, it was dinner time.

March 23, 2015

By Kathie5

We looked at the Manse that I felt wasn't for her. The people there were a little more sick and needed help, and she just doesn’t need that right now. They seemed nice too, but I think I would not take her there until she had more difficulty and cognitive kind of problems.

March 20, 2015

Caregivers and wellness are great. The servers are great and friendly. The Manse is doing a good job. I couldn't ask for better. The staff are happy, have good ideas and I love them like they were my own grandchildren.

March 11, 2015

By Bobbi10

Manse on Marsh was very nice, but it’s very expensive. That one is more you’ve got to check in with the nurse in the morning, and my mom didn’t like that at all. It’s elegant, but they didn’t have 1-bedroom; all they have was a studio. It just wasn’t she was looking for because the people that are there are older and more disabled. It’s beautiful, but it’s very small and quaint. It’s in a great location; it wasn’t just something she wanted, there’s really not a good response time, and I believe that when you call you need to get a call back.

February 26, 2015

I thought The Manse on Marsh was excellent. The staff took us on a tour. They were really great and helpful, but we decided not to go there because my dad's wife didn't want to go anywhere. The rooms weren't too big, but they were adequate. They had music groups coming in. They had a big piano. They had an exercise program and tours. The dining area was nice and clean. I didn't see the food, but they had cookies for us, and that was good. The place seemed to be pretty locked up, and I knew it was pretty nice.

Thank you for your kind words. It is always pleasant to hear our community is appreciated.

January 13, 2015

By Debbie100441050

I went to Manse on the Marsh. It was very nice. My mom liked it a lot. They had very nice rooms. They were spacious and clean. We like everything about this facility. The only drawback was that we want to get my mom a little bit closer to us. Also it was a little bit more pricey than the other ones that we looked at. As for activities, they just had all kinds of things going on for the residents. They had activities off the site too which was nice.

October 31, 2014

By Jan41

I am slowly adjusting to my new way of life. I have been at the Manse for 2 months. I am very happy and comfortable with the personal care I am receiving. The Manse has provided me and my family a very positive way of life. I'm most impressed with the management. Tops!

October 27, 2014

By Jamie B.

I am thrilled to be able to trust the care of my mom to the staff at the Manse -- from the front office, to maintenance, to wellness, to kitchen/servers, to hospitality, to management. They are all wonderful, kind, and concerned to the point of keeping me in the loop. I couldn't be happier!

September 12, 2014

By Art11

Outstanding and good. Should have come here sooner. I like it. This place makes life enriching.

August 28, 2014

By Holiday1

Manse on the Marsh was absolutely lovely and compared to other places, it was quite reasonable. The accommodations were beautiful. They have a couple of cottages that are for independent people, they're very nice. The food was excellent. They have a high-class chef. They used the local produce. It was very good.

May 17, 2012

By beezusr

The Manse feels a little like an old fashioned hotel. It's in a good location close to downtown, and the building has been newly renovated. There's an elevator in the lobby for easy access to the various rooms. My grandmother found the staff to be very helpful and patient. The food selection is mediocre, but so is the food selection at most institutions that have to prepare meals for many people. The Manse's strength mainly lies in its ability to accomodate residents with a variety of different issues and strengths as they age. A resident might start out living almost independently, but progress to having more care as time goes on. There are plenty of opportunities for residents to socialize and to participate in activities that keep them from getting too cut off from others their own age. Visitors are also welcome, so anyone with a family who likes to stop by will feel comfortable at the Manse.

June 10, 2011

By adilam

Visited this facility

The Manse is an upscale Assisted Living community in downtown San Luis Obispo. You can walk to shops and restaurants from there, but they also have trasportation available for residents. The building was a former hotel and was converted to Assisted Living units by a developer to create a charming, well decorated ambience. The apartments are quite small and the price tag can be pretty steep once you start adding on services, but the amenities are unmatched in the area. They have a really nice bistro that has a full menu and is open all day long. There is a really cute movie room with a full sized, old fashioned consession stand serving up popcorn and treats. Their dining room is more flexible than many communities, offering leisure dining instead of specific meal times. When I was there visiting there was a well attended yoga class taking place in the sun drenched atrium, and it really looked peaceful. Some seniors are a little intimidated by the traffic and noise that comes along with the central location, but for families and adventurous seniors, it's nice to be able to walk out the front door and go out to lunch at one of San Luis Obispo's cool restaurants.

Independent Living Reviews for The Manse on Marsh

December 19, 2015

By Pam117905850

We like The Manse on Marsh a lot. We like that the owner was very interested in what the people wanted and like. We also like the fact that it was privately owned. Their dining room is nice, and the food was good. The people were great. We also like that it was located downtown, and we have access to town.

Costs for The Manse on Marsh

Photos of The Manse on Marsh

Services and Amenities of The Manse on Marsh

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Cottages, Shared Living

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

About The Manse on Marsh

We describe our independent living and assisted living lifestyles as “simply abundant living” because with us, each carefree day holds endless simple pleasures to be discovered through hobbies and cultural pursuits, outdoor recreation, new experiences with friends and so much more.

From our “anytime” dining, housekeeping and laundry services to on- and off-site recreational, educational and cultural opportunities, residents compare life at The Manse on Marsh to a permanent resort vacation. Our coastal location puts you steps away from great hikes, shopping, fine dining, area beaches and popular local attractions.

At The Manse on Marsh, you’ll enjoy worry-free independent living designed to make you feel like you’re on vacation – permanently. Only life with us is better because everything you need is just a phone call away. And, you have access to a dedicated staff committed to planning activities, excursions, and events that are fun and designed around you and your interests. At The Manse on Marsh, you are the architect of your retirement.

At The Manse on Marsh, you can live a simply abundant life even if you need a little assistance with your daily routine. With us, you have access to a wide variety of services and amenities, all designed to help you enjoy life with even more confidence and security.

Here we’re known for offering innovative programs, lifelong learning opportunities and a full calendar of activities and entertainment. And, when you need help, you’ve got it. Our assisted living services are flexible, so you’ll get exactly the support and assistance you need – when you need it. Services are completely customized to individual needs and can be added at any time, even on a short-term basis. Whether it’s assistance with life’s daily tasks like bathing or grooming, medication management, helping with mobility or making sure you look and feel your best, we’re here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Everyone who calls The Manse on Marsh home benefits physically and spiritually from the sunny weather and fresh coastal air in peaceful San Luis Obispo, which consistently ranks at the top of America’s happiest cities lists.

Map of The Manse on Marsh