The Broadmoor

Reviews of The Broadmoor

Independent Living Reviews for The Broadmoor

December 15, 2015

By Katherine22

Broadmor was very impressive and of good location. The staff was really great. It’s more like apartments. It is independent living, and I like the rooms. They hire someone separately if you need help. They have very good amenities there. The dining area was very impressive; it was clean and very nice. It’s in a great location, right in the middle of the city. (There are) lots of activities for the people to do if they have a car.

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate your feedback.

July 13, 2015

We liked The Broadmoor in San Francisco. Its location was directly in the city center, which was very attractive as my husband and I live in the city. The facility was a bit dated, but the location was great. The rooms were a little dark.

September 28, 2013

By Brenton1

I found a place for my mom and she is very happy at The Broadmoor. The facility is close to me. I thought it was a really great value for the money. I have been in the facility and I thought that the facility is superior to all the others I have seen. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It's a privately owned place. They have three registered nurses assistants covering seven days a week. The food is really excellent and that's important to my mother. The social activities were really good; she is very happy with the activities. They are interest in making the place a nice place to live. They just need to be more handicapped friendly. My mother is a little bit mobility-challenged and it's a little bit difficult for her to tour around the place.

Costs for The Broadmoor

Photos of The Broadmoor

Services and Amenities of The Broadmoor

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: 3 Room Suites

About The Broadmoor

Built soon after the Great Earthquake, The Broadmoor has its heart and soul in old San Francisco. While the hotel has been modernized and updated in all the right ways - from security systems to fire sprinklers - we believe that some things are best left just the way they are.

The Broadmoor continues to offer all the grace, comfort, and solidity that are so rare in today's "slap-em-up" culture (not to mention freshly baked bread and fine wine served with lunch and dinner). From the wonderful food that consistently gets rave reviews, to the no-strings-attached ease of moving in and out, there truly is nowhere quite like The Broadmoor.

Offering the independence of an apartment with the services of a first-class hotel, The Broadmoor really is the best of both worlds. Here you are free to come and go as you please, knowing that that a delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner await. Whether you choose to sit in the formal dining room or enjoy the privacy of room service, we have a chef who delights in bringing flavor and variety to every meal.

Moving in is effortless, with no long-term commitments or outrageous down payments, and all of our rooms and suites come beautifully furnished (including a small fridge). Although you are also welcome to decorate with your own pieces. As at an apartment, you pay by the month - free to leave at any time, but also protected by San Francisco's rent control ordinance during your stay. (Many comparable communities require you to purchase a condo and pay high monthly fees which often approach or exceed The Broadmoor's total bill for rent and meals.) And instead of paying for medical care or other assistance that you may not (thank heavens!) require, at The Broadmoor you can obtain additional care and assistance as needed.

Within walking distance of the Opera House, Symphony Hall, houses of worship, and many fine restaurants, The Broadmoor is ideally situated for those who wish to make the most of city life, while offering a safe, secure, and stimulating environment for all our guests.

Map of The Broadmoor