Brookdale San Dimas

Reviews of Brookdale San Dimas

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale San Dimas

October 06, 2016

By Kathy218700

Brookdale San Dimas was nice, but they didn’t have a whole lot of activities and stuff going. The dining area was small. The lady that showed me around was very helpful and knowledgeable, but it didn’t really appeal to me.

September 19, 2016

By Yvonne831606

The only one I really liked was Brookdale San Dimas. It’s a like a resort -- fully equipped, great condition and great views from every direction. They had bingo and social hour. The dining area was very clean and organized, and the food was very tasty. I really like the staff and how the people were treated. It looks like a place where they can get better and stronger. It seems like the people are very happy to live there.

May 22, 2016

By TeriWKFYH

I was not impressed with Brookdale San Dimas during my tour. I walked in and was completely ignored by the woman at the desk. When they found somebody to take me around, she was very uninterested with the whole process. They didn't have any outdoor space at all. I was not able to look at the rooms because they said there were none available. Their common room was fine with a big open area with couches.

December 21, 2015

By Loving Wife6

Brookdale San Dimas caught my eye the most, but it was too far from where I live. I like the friendliness of all the people who live there, and the staff was very helpful. If you had any questions, they would totally answer your questions. The place is clean, but the rooms in their memory care need o be updated.

November 24, 2015

By Linda111161650

I toured Brookdale San Dimas. It was very nice but didn’t measure up in every way to the other facility I've toured. The rooms were very nice as well as the facility itself, but it wasn’t quite as homey. There was a list of classes and things to do, but it didn’t felt like you were living in a home.

November 08, 2015

By Willing

Brookdale was very open and very nice inside and outside. The place where my father-in-law would be staying was not up to par. He would be in the memory care center, and we want the best for him. The staff was great; there weren't any problems there.

September 29, 2015

By Jennifer113355750

Brookdale San Dimas was very clean and comfortable. The people seemed pretty happy. I liked the movie area. They had to share a room, but overall, the place was very nice. I thought it was a really great place. Honestly, it was a place that I would live in. I would feel very comfortable if my aunt would be in there, because I knew they would be able to assist her in everything that she needed done for her.

September 15, 2015

By Evon1

I visited Brookdale San Dimas. The facility is nice and clean with friendly service. The staff was courteous and helpful. With their activities, they have plenty of them. They were doing exercises on their chairs or something like that.

June 11, 2015

By C1

Brookdale San Dimas looked like a nice facility, and it looked like it had more options where you could go from memory care to skilled nursing. It was large enough that you could go from one thing to another without having to totally start all over again in terms of looking for care for an elderly person. The staff was accommodating and nice. The rooms were nice. The food looked nice, and the dining set-up was nice. However, they could improve on the parking. It was the biggest place, and they had the largest parking, but had the least availability. I parked at one spot that said "Resident" which was the only spot. I went in and asked the front lady if I was allowed to park there because I would be doing a quick tour and the lady told that I was not. So, I went back in my car drove all around the facility and found absolutely no parking. I came back and parked on that spot and met with gentleman that was going to give me the tour, and I said, "I can either park here and do this tour or I can go if you want, but there's nowhere else to park." You couldn't park on the outside street because it was like a boulevard. They said they were working on it, but I didn't know whether they were working on it meant that something was going to happen in the next year or so, but that's definitely a big problem for them because you wouldn't want to get off out into the collar when you just trying to go visit your loved one. Everything else was awesome; they just had to work on their parking. The safety seemed very good. They had push keypads on the doors for memory care that would let you in on that part of the facility. So, for those residents that wander, they would not escape during a busy time.

March 27, 2015

My dad was in Brookdale in San Dimas. This place is nice as well and rather large. In San Dimas, I never saw anybody sit out in the patio area. I very rarely saw anybody. To me the patio area -- even though it is very lovely -- really isn't being occupied. It is quite nice, but not as lovely as the other place. It was also very accommodating, and the staff was very good. The care was very good there. I wouldn't say a five, but the care there is probably a four. I would recommend it. My dad had a quite lovely one-bedroom apartment there, and it was very nice. The food was quite good there too. As for activities, they were nice and pretty good.

October 31, 2014

I was able to visit Emeritus at San Dimas. It's an updated facility and very nice. The staff was congenial -- very friendly. The people were happy, laughing, and really having a good time. The rooms were very nice and very clean. They have a lot of activities for them, and they also have a van that would take them were they wanted to go like doctor's appointments, on tour, and other different things that they wanted to do.

August 15, 2014

Emeritus at San Dimas was very nice. It is a much smaller facility. This place could be a better situation for people who are less mobile. Wonderful things were available there. The one drawback about this place was that any services after you are no longer independent living were individually priced, so things become more expensive depending on how much you need. Nevertheless, the place was very cozy and very friendly. They have wraparound services for independent to whatever else; it is all there. I would certainly recommend this place but it depends on individual preferences.

June 26, 2014

My mom has been at Emeritus at San Dimas for a week now, and it seems very nice. She seems to be fairly happy at the moment. Right now it seems very good, but we will see how things go. The facility is clean and they have very clean grounds. Everyone seems to be very nice. I haven't been able to eat there, but Mom said its fine. They have all kinds of activities, and she has participated in bingo once. Parking could be much better, because, going in as a visitor, depending on when you go, it can be completely full and there is nowhere to park. The location is very nice and easy accessible. It's close to lots of amenities.

May 30, 2014

By Leanna1

We visited Emeritus at San Dimas when we looked for a facility for my parents. The place was very clean and very pretty, but it was more expensive than the facility we chose. They had assisted living as well as memory care, since my parents would need each of those. They had eight levels of care, but they did not tell you what the residents would be getting at each level. They said it was for how many hours they spent with them for the things they did. Their levels were very vague, and I wanted to know what my parents would be getting with the price to be paid.

March 27, 2014

By John80097950

Emeritus at San Dimas was very nice, very clean, and very well run. It was the nicest of all the places that I visited. I liked the staff. They were friendly, accommodating, and knowledgeable. There were very nice rooms. The dining room was pretty top-notch. The food was very good. However, we probably couldn't afford that place.

October 21, 2013

Both my parents are at Emeritus at this time. They have a skilled nursing home along with a memory care center as well as a resident's area on the premises. The food is bland which is the way it's supposed to be but it is acceptable. The staff is great and wonderful. They have chair exercises every morning and they have a walking club so they walk around the premises. They have arts and craft and they have ice cream social. They have movie night, they play dominoes and cards and they take various trips. They've had several outings including to the local restaurants and shopping so they keep the residents pretty busy. I feel that my parents are in a very safe place and are being taken care of by very kind people.

April 24, 2013

I visited Emeritus and it was nice. It was clean and decent. The food was good. But the people were too upscale for me. The price was also too expensive for me.

March 29, 2013

By Jeanette5

Emeritus was clean and sterile. The staff were good-natured and they sympathized with the residents. Even though my mother was in a wheelchair, they made sure she joined in the activities. As a result, my mom became more socially active. She was in a shared room with a living room and bathroom. The food was delicious most of the time

February 28, 2013

By Sandy10

I'm happy with Emeritus and what they have to offer and where it's located. I'm satisfied with all the care. My mom is not ambulatory. They're good, they provide services like laundry and cleaning. However, they could improve on their response, especially when it's really necessary. She's been there since December.

September 17, 2012

By aewing08

Emeritus Senior Living was a very nice facility. Immediately I was greeted by the staff with a smile. I was given an information packet that I could look over with my grandmother. The packet gave helpful information, containing weekly schedules and activities for seniors. The one negative aspect of this facility was the pricing. I knew this would be an issue however, as this was a nicer facility. The staff was very helpful and offered to give us a tour of the facility. They took us to the rooms of the facility, which looked very comforting and relaxing. The environment of the entire facility and staff was laid back and none of the employees seemed to dislike their jobs. The staff also explained that they would do whatever it takes to make their guests feel welcomed and happy. A promise by the staff is that all medical needs would be met. The staff explained that any feedback and comments were welcomed as they were always trying to improve themselves.

August 30, 2012

By Poppy123

I visit Emeritus at least one a week and enjoy going there to see my grandmother. All the employees are very friendly, openly happy to help me or my grandmother out when needed. When they say "our family is committed to yours," they really mean it. It's their promise that they take seriously, living up to it everyday. I appreciate this aspect of their moral integrity and honestly and it's why my grandmother chose to relocate there. The facilities and services are modest, nothing really extraordinary or out of the ordinarily, but completely fine. TVs and various physical attributes, like the decor and setup, could be updated or renewed, feeling a bit too 90's-ish. The food lacks the luster of what could be quality dinning hall food, something that my grandmother herself acknowledges and wishes it was better. My grandmother's room is quant and cozy, but at bit small and at times tends to get really hot. They need to get better air conditioners or find a way to better ventilate the room as it gets stuffy quickly. The grounds are beautiful, the landscaping gorgeous and architecture pleasant. My grandmother loves walking around in the morning.

July 30, 2012

By bella1989

I thought the facility was very appealing. It was close to our home, which was a big selling point. The staff on hand seemed very knowledgeable and was incredibly kind when giving us information. I thought it was great that each resident had their own suite-style room and their own bathrooms. It was clean and organized. They had great activities to keep residents busy, which was great also. The food service was actually impressive and the food itself looked delicious. They provided laundry service for all the residents which was a relief in wondering how my great grandmother would be able to handle it on her own. They gave me and my family confidence that she would be well taken care of and reassured us that she would always be in great hands and well cared for. It is so difficult imagining having my great grandmother move out, but I think living in a place like Emeritus would be ideal and overall safer for her.

July 30, 2011

I visited a friend's family member there and the facilities seemed very nice. There is apparently free transportation to all residents and their appeared to be an extensive variety of social and recreational activities schedules throughout the week. I am under the impression that it is not easy for residents of Emeritus to get bored or very lonely because according to the resident I met, there is always something to do. Also, she said that she is very happy with the services offered. For example, they can have someone administer medications to them on a timely manner so they take the right dosage and do not forget to take medication when they are supposed to.

July 08, 2011

By Ada53

My experience with Emeritus at San Dimas has been excellent. My grandmother has lived there for the past five years, and she is very happy. At first, she was reluctant to leave her home after living there for 35 years. After meeting the wonderful staff, eating in the dining room, and participating in the many activities coordinated by Emeritus, she became satisfied with her decision to move in. The administration is very accommodating to requests by family members, and they really individualize care, and take requests or complaints seriously. This is a quality living place for the elderly where they can make friends and truly feel like part of their community.

May 30, 2011

By Granddaughter12

Friend or relative of resident

My Grandmother lived here for almost 6 years before passing away a little over a year ago. The staff was friendly and caring. My grandmother liked living there and felt comfortable, she liked the staff and facilities, though it was nothing compared to her own home. She didn't like the food all that much because she was always the family cook, but at times they would let her bake in the kitchen and we never left her alone without a visit for over a week. They provided activities often but she mostly stuck to her routine and if she didn't want to be bothered, they would give her privacy. All in all, it was a great facility.

Nursing Home Reviews for Brookdale San Dimas

February 24, 2012

By four4god

This place is the best you will ever get!!!! The nursing staff is beyond nice and helpful. The therapists actually do therapy and work to get patients to reach their max capabilities! The place is very clean and never smells when you walk in the patients are not only taken care of but are encouraged to be up and involved in activities and taken to dining room. All the patients are very mobile regardless of their condition if they are unable to be self mobile then nurses will take them to the activities. I am shocked that anyone could find a negative thing to say and if they do they must have never been to any other facility. Comparing this facility to others is like comparing a 5 star resort to a 1 star resort this place would be rated a 5 star to us. The food is really good not like other places and they have a very big menu to choose from that is available everyday! My grandmother stayed here and I have to say when I get older in age and need nursing care I would have no problem going to this place! The rooms are like staying in a marriott very nice with wood floors. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a assisted living or nursing care. My grandmother was in here for rehabilitation therapy in the skilled nursing side and was able to go home after about 7 weeks.

November 02, 2011

By Obviousman

Both of my parents lived at this facility (its predecessor, actually); Dad passed away here, Mom recuperated from heart surgery here. The staff IS wonderful, caring, responsive, and upbeat. The rooms and common areas are spotless, the food well above average, and the overall sense is one of brightness and uplift, and not the ponderous moroseness that pervades many similar facilities. Staff emphasized that this was my parents' HOME for the time they stayed there, and we were encouraged to emphasize the HOMIENESS of the experience: dining with the patients, watching TV and particiapting in various programs and entertainments, even personalizing the rooms with pictures and artwork. Visits from pets are encouraged! In a place where old age, infirmity, dementia, and death are always close at hand, Emeritas is able to overcome any feelings of gloominess or despair; the attitude that seems to inform the entire facility is one of hope and celebration. I'm 52 and able-bodied,....and can't wait to get ont the waiting lst!

August 17, 2011

By OrangeCountySocialWorker

I visited this facility for my mother. I found it to be lovely and the staff to be very caring. The person who gave me the tour was very accommodating and seemed very excited about this community. The resident's all looked happy and well cared for. The rooms are nice and clean. They are smaller than what my mother is living in now at another community and they do not have full kitchens to prepare a meal - just small kitchenette's. The overall presentation of the facility is very positive and I am considering placing my mom here in the near future. The selling point for me was the warm approach from the staff.

Photos of Brookdale San Dimas

Services and Amenities of Brookdale San Dimas

• Licenses: License #AL198601907/License #SNF950000124/PCOA #241
  • State Licenses: 198601907

About Brookdale San Dimas

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale San Dimas