Casa De Las Campanas

Reviews of Casa De Las Campanas

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Casa De Las Campanas

December 16, 2015

By Janice117608550

I like everything about Casa de las Campanas, but the upfront cost was very expensive. If you’re going into a two-bedroom, it’s going to cost half a million dollars, and more than $300,000 if you want something smaller. The monthly charges are reasonable though. I would rate the facility 5 stars, but I would give a 2-star rating for the upfront cost.

June 30, 2015

By caring2278

The monthly fees are more at the Casa de las Campanas, but they also are a continuing care. They offer full service, including a very nice memory center, where if you have memory problems, they will put you there, and then the spouse will continue to live in the unit there at the complex, which is very nice. And, they have a very nice cafeteria and restaurant, and you have a choice of either eating from the buffet, or you can order from the menu, and their food is excellent. Their costs are controlled better because they are non-profit, so that is a good thing. The closest hospital to them is the Pomerado Hospital, which is a brand new hospital, just finished being built, and is in Escondido, which is only about a five-minute drive or maybe ten, but it is not far. We were impressed with the people who work there. I would give them a four, and the only reason for that is they are so close to the freeway that if you have a unit that is on the East side of the complex, you hear the freeway traffic. You don't hear it when you are in the unit but if you are standing out in your balcony.

May 31, 2015

Casa de las Campanas is a buy-in; we originally did that, you have to be independent living, and then you always stay the same amount of rent. It is expensive because my mom had to put down a $20,000 deposit. She has done that, but when they got her records from the doctor and she had dementia, they said we can’t go in because she had to go in the assisted living. However, it was very nice, and the variety they had was incredible. They have pools, and they have recreation areas. For independent living, I don’t think anything can be bad other than the buy in part. The food was very good; they had a huge kitchen and they had a buffet. If you don’t like anything in the buffet, you can order something. If you can afford the buy-in, I would recommend it. Originally it was assisted living, but they changed ownership. They’ve got a 300ft theater, they play musical instruments, and they do plays. The facility is unbelievable.

November 30, 2013

Casa De Las Campanas was excellent. Everything about it was great. The staff was excellent. The rooms were beautiful and large. The food was above excellent and dining facility was off the chart. They had quite a few activities that everyone would be interested in. I liked that they would take care of you for the rest of your life even if you ran out of money.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (8) See fewer reviews

About Casa De Las Campanas

Refund Plans: 75% of Entrance Fee; Declining Balance over 7.5 yrs. (Price: 52% avg. of Entrance Fee).

Map of Casa De Las Campanas