Kindred Nursing and Transitional Care - Pacific Coast

Reviews of Kindred Nursing and Transitional Care - Pacific Coast

Nursing Home Reviews for Kindred Nursing and Transitional Care - Pacific Coast

August 07, 2015

By elkamper

I came to Pacific Coast Care after having a stay at Salinas Valley Hospital due to a fall causing a pelvic fracture. About 5-6 years ago, I was in this skilled nursing facility after having a knee surgery. So I decided to come back to them to receive treatment for my pelvic fracture. All the nursing staff were very helpful. Leila was one of the greatest CNA'S I had. I would go visit other patients within the facility and when medication came around my nurses always found me to give me my medication on time. The room I was in was fine and housekeeping came to clean it all the time. As far a noise within the facility, I had no problems, as soon as I took my hearing aids everything was peaceful. The only problem I had about my room was that I didn't know when it was daylight because I was in the first bed. Once my roommate left, I was offered the window and so I moved and I loved it. My walking and balance was greatly improved by my therapist. I would receive therapy 5-6 days a week and I received an hour in physical therapy and an hour for occupational therapy. I enjoyed that Mercy the Activities Director would come and get me to join the activities. When activities were held she made sure I was there. They have an Aviary area and that was something I also really enjoyed. The only downfall was that Parking was terrible. People from home that visited me had a hard time parking that is something I feel needs to be improved other than that my experience was great! ( I would have given a 5 star but I choose 4 1/2 due to the parking)

October 16, 2014

By I am concerned

Two family members were care by in this facility. Just in any industry there are good and bad. My grandmother was put on a special soft diet because she had severe dementia. I noticed they gave her the same meal every day for two years. Also, on many occasions I observed no one there to assist feeding her. The food was just left in front of her. They put her in a side room and did not move her around. She was just forgotten by the staff. They leave the poor elderly with dementia in the hallway and nobody is really communicating with them. On many occasions I noticed the staff making fun of them. Talking about them like these people are meaningless. It takes a special person to be a nurse. My aunt was at this facility as well. She had severe dementia, even though she knew who she was. The dementia was causing her to hallucinate and her personality changed a bit. I noticed one nurse in particular always said there is nothing wrong with her even though she complained of pain and other such things. The last time the nurse their told me their was nothing wrong with her, my aunt was unresponsive and she died at the nearby hospital only a few days.

July 05, 2012

By kbsmite

From what I saw, the nurses were professional and patients were kept happy. The facility was kept clean, and I personally never had a negative experience during my visits there, but have heard from others that the staff can at time make poor choices. Whether the nurse was just having a bad day or lack of training, I'm sorry to hear about any patients' unhappiness. Anyway, back to my own personal experiences, I have attended of few of their special occassions that would usually be held in the cafeteria area (if I recall correctly); it seemed as though everyone had a good time, from the staff to the patients observing the silly activities being done, to the patients who actually participated in the events themselves. The food that they have is nothing spectacular or repulsive, just average "hospital" food, for lack of a better word. The atmosphere if alright, quiet for the most part, though I'm not expecting it to be as wild as a child daycare; all in all, it is an above-average facility.

Services and Amenities of Kindred Nursing and Transitional Care - Pacific Coast

About Kindred Nursing and Transitional Care - Pacific Coast

We provide specialized short-term rehabilitation, bridging the gap between hospital and home, as well as long-term care in a safe, compassionate environment that fosters independence and dignity.

Map of Kindred Nursing and Transitional Care - Pacific Coast