River's Edge

Reviews of River's Edge

Independent Living Reviews for River's Edge

September 19, 2016

By Lisa423008

The tour person at River’s Edge was very salesmanish and seemed in a hurry -- which he might have been because he just squeezed as in -- but it was kind of we felt like he was in a hurry. He had us come in on the side door because we parked in the wrong spot, you really have to come in the front door because coming in the back door doesn’t give a good impression. The lobby was beautiful and welcoming. They had an art show, so it was really good. You could really see the people who are friendly and active. The kitchens were really bad, but the rooms were fine.

June 23, 2016

By George645477

I liked River's Edge the best. It was the nicest, but it cost $3,700, plus you pay utilities, air-conditioning, and electricity, which was too expensive for us. They had lots of activities, like going to casinos. I have a friend whose father just moved there and loves it. They had a really nice dining room. The food looked really good. The people were a little bit more upscale.

May 26, 2016

By Sondra675847

River’s Edge was particularly beautiful, but also like walking into a mausoleum. There weren’t a lot of people around. They were having an ice cream social and nobody was there. It’s just a very different atmosphere. It’s beautiful, but there were certain things I didn’t like. One thing that really bugged me was they charge for electricity, which doesn’t seem like a big deal, but no other place of the six or seven I’ve visited charges for electricity. They also had set times for meals and one dining room, and that wouldn’t work for me because I have family around and I’d be in and out. They had two meals a day with early or late sittings, and I did not care for that. It just wasn’t what I was looking for.

Costs for River's Edge

Photos of River's Edge

Services and Amenities of River's Edge

• Condos Townhomes
  • Detached Homes

• Dining Extra: Restaurant Style Dining

• Golf
  • Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Courtyards, Media Room, Market, Art Room, Library, Heating & Air Conditioning, Safety Assist Grab Bars

• Technology Extra: 24 Hour Emergency Call System

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About River's Edge

Located in Sacramento’s desirable Campus Commons neighborhood, River’s Edge is our flagship independent living community. Every detail of River’s Edge is carefully designed to enrich the lives of each resident, from our comprehensive library and baby grand piano, to our seven acres of pristine grounds, featuring a putting green and private lake.

Our independent living options include studio and one- or two-bedroom apartments, each ready to be personalized to the specific taste of each resident. Apartments are available on a month-to-month basis, allowing flexibility without the burden of an expensive buy-in or lengthy lease. Today, nearly 100 residents call River’s Edge home.

River’s Edge offers long-term and short-term independent living options, including:

Independent living for residents looking for a secure, life-enriching residential community of peers. Guest suites are short-term furnished apartments offered to independent seniors looking for a thriving community, meal services, and life-enrichment activities available for as short as seven days to as many as 90 days.

River’s Edge is our flagship independent senior living community located on seven acres of gated, landscaped grounds in Sacramento’s Campus Commons neighborhood.

Map of River's Edge