Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

Reviews of Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

Assisted Living Reviews for Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

December 17, 2016

By annette201

My uncle loves to get out and about. The driver Rick is amazing. Sometimes I come and he's on the bus and when he gets off he's just so happy. Thank you Rick for always taking my uncle with you and keeping him busy and he just loves it. I must also say the marketing director at Greenhaven Estates is really changing senior living for the best. Her events she pulls together are hands down amazing. Not only my uncle but all the residents have a great time. She always makes sure to invite all the residents plus when families are in the building she always reminds us. This last event she did was a Christmas party. She had girl scouts, a live entertainer, a huge buffet, family photos with Santa and she invited the news station and newspaper! I never seen so many residents dressed up and when I asked why they were dressed up they said the news is coming! and they wanted there family to see them on television. it made my day. The marketing director is really changing things for the better and she really brightens up the community. Great job Greenhaven Estates

Annette201, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Greenhaven Estates. It makes our day to hear such positive remarks about our community and our staff members! Thanks for letting us know how we are doing! Wishing you a great day until the next time we meet.

August 17, 2016

By Carolyn354731

My mom and dad live at Greenhaven Estates. It’s an older place but comfortable. They have two bedrooms and two baths, which is really nice, with a living room and a kitchen. The staff respond to us, but sometimes I wonder how much staff is really there because when I visit in the early evening, I don’t see anybody around. I wonder what their patient ratio is. Their communication could be better. There’s a lot of revolving staff from administration to the caregivers. They have a new cook. My parents just sit in their room and don't do any activities except the excursions and sometimes they take them to Target. They also go out to lunch once every week.

February 15, 2016

By Happy Visitor43

Greenhaven Estates is a very good facility. The rooms are very spacious, nice, and very clean. They have a very nice yard. The dining room is nice too. The location of this facility is very convenient for us. The staff were very helpful.

Hi HappyVisitor43, thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about our community! Greenhaven Estates takes pride in the cleanliness and upkeep of our facility, and we are pleased to hear that we are meeting our goals. It's great to hear that "the staff were very helpful" in your experience with us. Our talented team is dedicated to resident care, and are happy to help assist whenever needed.

January 09, 2015

This place is nice. Greenhaven Estates has two floors, but it didn't have a room in the bottom floor available. When my mother looked at it, she didn't like the second floor. From what I can tell, the staff was very kind and very knowledgeable. The food was excellent. It was very good. The rooms they have are of a good size. There is a front room and a bedroom. The location of the place attracted us the most. We were looking for something close to my sister's house. This facility is very close. I would recommend this facility to others. To me, everything looked good.

January 23, 2012

This facility is 100% assisted living (no independent living option.) Because of this, their staffing is much better than many mixed facilities. They have an attached memory care unit and work to keep the memory care residents integrated into the community. They also have a hospice waiver. Staff is caring, concerned and engaged. My mom is there and I recommend it.

Memory Care Reviews for Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

Questions about Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Redirecting, Proper Lifting, Alzheimer's & Dementia training.

What programs or activities does Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our SPARK Programing is inspired by Montessori Methods. SPARK places ultimate focus on supporting our residents' ideas, choices and independence. We empower residents to create a community that speaks to them. Our goal is to focus on what is possible. With SPARK, we create a specialized, life-enriching, environment that affords self-expression to each individual.

What transportation services does Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to appointments, there are designated days for appointments.

How does Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Communication is the key to happy families. With having an Executive Director that is also a LVN she is very involved with the clinical aspect of the community. The Executive Director & Resident Care Coordinator communicate with families via phone call, emails, care conferences, etc.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care during daytime and nighttime hours?

With our community being a social model, not a nursing model, we don't have a staff-to-resident ratio. We staff accordingly to the care that needs to be provided to our residents.

If Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Resident apartments on the assisted living side have patio/balcony areas that are attached to the apartments. There also is a very big courtyard for the assisted living side that is gated

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Proper transfers, care and compliance, resident rights, etc.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Daytime there are 5 and overnight 4

What safety features or security measures does Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care provide to protect residents who wander?

Increased safety checks also having a discussion with family regarding day camping in our Memory Care to participate in our gap free programming.

Costs for Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

Photos of Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

• Fee Structure Extra: $2000 Community Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care

At Greenhaven Estates, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the Sacramento area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul. From cocktail-hour gatherings where you can learn about the nuances of a good Pinot Noir, to a discussion of the latest best seller in our Life-Long Learning series, to exploring new ways to stay healthy in a fitness class...expect the unexpected.

Greenhaven Estates includes a specially designed neighborhood to serve the special needs of individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, dementia and other forms of memory loss. Every day we make it a goal to go above and beyond to enrich the lives of our residents. With our Life Enrichment program, a Montessori-inspired philosophy for care, we create a specialized, life-enriching environment that affords each individual maximum self-expression. The staff is committed to delivering a quality of care that meets the resident's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.

Our services are created to meet your needs:

• Medication assistance and management
  • Regular assessment and service planning
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming, and other self-image enhancements
  • Mobility, Escorts and reminders
  • Dining and Social or activities assistance
  • Care coordination and other health care management assistance
  • Many communities offer care for special budget concerns including state-assistance programs for assisted living
  • And much, much more

Our talented team of dedicated and caring staff are there when you need them. It can be different…let us show you how.

Map of Greenhaven Estates Assisted Living and Memory Care