Brookdale Greenhaven

Reviews of Brookdale Greenhaven

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Greenhaven

November 30, 2015

By Larry107799350

Mom was at Brookdale Greenhaven, but I had a caregiver go in the morning, and I went in the afternoon. She needed more care, even though she had a caregiver in the morning. They’re a little bit more mobile than my mom, where they go to activities and they can go out different places. My mom is 95, and she is past that. She needs a more home thing. She was sitting in the living room a lot and not doing much. The staff does a checkup on her from time to time. The girls in the reception area were very good, very friendly, and kept an eye on my mom. They have a new manager over there, so things may change. They used to have three options for every meal, and then they cut back to two options for every meal.

August 21, 2015

Brookdale Greenhaven is a standard place; it didn’t have some of the things that I was hoping for there, which was one of the reasons we chose not to go with it although the price was reasonable. They had an older man who comes and teaches crafts and cognitive exercises. I thought that was great, but I noticed there weren’t any sort of playground activities for elder people.

May 12, 2015

My mother is in the assisted living of Brookdale Greenhaven. It’s very nice, the staff is very nice and helpful, and the food is very good. It’s clean and friendly. She has a large bedroom with ample storage and a patio. She enjoys everything she does. They have church services, a beauty parlor, and senior exercises every morning that she enjoys. They have happy hour every Friday with entertainment, and they serve liquor.

March 08, 2015

By Nancy103165850

We have found my mother-in-law a place, and so far so good. They just changed their name to Brookdale. We chose it mainly because it is a one-bedroom with a separate living room and a complete kitchen which was important to my mother-in-law. As for the staff, it is a hard question for me because where I have placed my mother is more expensive, and the staff ratio is a boatload better, so when I compare my mother-in-law's assisted living to my mother's assisted living, it is OK and adequate. But I've been spoiled by my mother's because there is always staff available there to help and give support. They can sign up to go out. They have bingo, and they have the basic activities. It is clean and older, but the people were friendly. I would like for them to have more staff so there could be more activities.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

October 16, 2014

Emeritus is not within a financial reach for my sister, but it was a very comfortable place. The staff was very nice; the person that gave us a tour was pleasant as could be, very helpful and very informative. I talked to some of the people that lived there because I always like to do that, and people spoke highly of how comfortable a place it was. It doesn’t have a latest bells and whistles and design staff, but you don’t really need that necessarily; what you need is good care, kindness, and people being attentive to the people that are living there.

September 29, 2014

By Dave23

Emeritus did have assisted and independent living. I was very impressed with the place, it seemed to be extremely well-kept and had a lot of staff taking care of everything that I can see. I saw places where they can exercise, play cards, and social areas. I also saw areas like a private room for birthday parties and things like that. But they didn’t have a garage -- that I needed -- and the people that I did meet there were three years my senior. They have orchestrated service for people that needs to go the doctor’s office or want to go shopping at the mall. The place is beautiful, and I felt secured when I was there. They have emergency switches and then they would have somebody there to help you. Everything I saw was great -- I was very impressed -- and the young lady that showed me around was very nice and really helped.

August 04, 2014

At first, we were impressed with the Emeritus at Greenhaven, but the care that my mother-in-law received when she moved in was not good. Some of the staff members were really kind, while others wouldn't even come and put her to bed. The rooms were big, spacious, and nice. We had no problems with the facility; it was just with the care that she was getting.

December 27, 2013

Emeritus was very clean and seemed very nice. The people were nice. The lady, I thought her name was Christine, who showed us around was excellent. She took us to different rooms especially the one where my wife's mom will be in and we looked around. It was very spacious and it seemed it was layout very nicely. It seemed to be in the right height. There was a storage area outside for the extra stuff that she had. It was a clean room and had clean walls. Everything looked nice. We liked the apartment and my wife's mom liked it a lot. She liked that it had dining and had meals all day. The layout seemed very friendly for her. It had different activities and the location was very pretty. We were just trying to make sure that she was happy with it.

June 25, 2013

By La Verna

I liked Merill Gardens, that's the first place I went to. I drove down the neighborhood and I liked it. It's a small complex, with landscaping but it looked like an apartment complex. The neighborhood was really nice so you can get out and walk around there. The age group seemed younger and they had more sports activities. That's interesting because I'm still really active and I would want younger, more active people when I move into a facility.

April 16, 2013

By Elizabeth15

Merrill Gardens looked like it was a place that would respect people. You could have your own apartment and also have somebody check on you. The entry lounge area was like in a big house like you might get into an older hotel. I also remember there were a lot of neat features like a little garden outside. The staff seemed fine.

November 07, 2012

By jmade

I recently visited the Merrill Gardens at Greenhaven (just a few minutes from the downtown Sacramento area) to visit an older client of mine. It's more of an apartment-style community which is neat because it makes the place feel less like a facility and more like a home. Guests are always welcome to join in on meals with residents, or even special activities. The staff helps with daily household chores, meal service (of course), event coordination, and physical assistance but ultimately I think this place is really better suited for active seniors who are still pretty independent. The layouts of the rooms vary in size. The studios are a little too small in my opinion, but the 1 and 2 bedrooms are nice (some even have kitchenettes). The facility is kind of out of date (ie. older), as well as the furnishings, but the common areas are spacious and always kept really clean. There are some neat hang out spots for residents and visitors like a cozy study, well equipped recreation rooms, and even a nice aviary. The facility has some well-landscaped gardens to enjoy, too. The outside area has paved walking paths and lovely gardens for residents to take advantage of whenever they want. Overall, I think this facility is incredibly comfortable and homey.

January 20, 2012

By SacramentoTeacher

My mother and father-in-law lived at Merrill Gardens at Greenhaven. From the first time we visited the facility, we found it to be clean and well kept up. The setting is beautiful; set off the street so there is plenty of green space with the large trees. The staff was friendly and helpful. Whenever we had a question or need help, they were available. The apartment that my in-laws had was small, but well appointed. The laundry facilities were easy to use and conveniently located. The food in the dining room was good and the wait staff was friendly and attentive. The location was ideal for my in-laws, close to shopping and downtown Sacramento. When driving was no longer an option, the van service that Merrill Gardens provided was helpful. In addition, the activities director worked hard to make sure that there was a variety of activities available for people who were interested.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Greenhaven

May 10, 2016

By MaryleeCUGIK

My father has moved into Brookdale Greenhaven (formerly Emeritus at Greenhaven). Part of the appeal for him was that they were remodeling, so everything would be nice, fresh, and new. The staff is very nice, helpful, and very patient with him. They have a number of activities, fitness class, trips to church, happy hour, and trips out to eat and to plays. When we visited, they asked us to stay for lunch and we did. He likes the food. His favorite meal is breakfast, and he can get just about anything he wants for breakfast. The one problem that I have seen since he has moved in is that their maintenance staff is pretty slow to respond to problems.

April 01, 2014

By Ken19

Emeritus is a newer and bigger facility. It appeared that the people living there had more abilities than my mom, who I thought needed more assisted living care, as she had dementia. She would have been able to walk out of the grounds on her own. The rooms are set up a little bit differently. The ones we saw had a kitchen and a living room and a bedroom. I have tried the food, and it was excellent. They had an open house, and they invited me and my mother. I only met two people working there: one is the person leading new tenants, and there’s a lady who runs the facility. I was very impressed with both, and they were very nice to deal with, and they would have done an excellent job watching my mom, but I did not meet the rest of the staff.

Photos of Brookdale Greenhaven

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: License #347005330

About Brookdale Greenhaven

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We have the largest one bedroom apartments in the pocket area, anytime dining, transportation 7 days a week and we are close to shopping and banking. We have a park-like setting.

Map of Brookdale Greenhaven