Brookdale Rohnert Park

Brookdale Rohnert Park (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Brookdale Rohnert Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Rohnert Park

April 27, 2015

Originally my friend was in independent living, but she broke her hip so now she is in assisted living. My son did a research on Brookdale Rohnert Park, and he just looked at various ones too and came up with them. I kept with contact with them off and on, and as far as I am concerned the service was good. The rooms there as far as one-bedroom apartments looked fine as far as I'm concerned. As for activities, they have quite a few. They have crafts, exercises, and a lot of things going every day.

April 24, 2015

We choose Brookdale for my mom because of the price, location, and the feeling of the place. The people working there are OK. The rooms are really clean, and my mother is very happy there. They have activities. I like that it has an open space with lots of natural sunlight, and the staff seems really supportive and trustworthy.

April 20, 2015

By Lou8

We pick Brookdale in Rohnert Park for my parent. We are extremely impressed, and the environment there doesn't have that isolated feeling. It has a very resort like feeling. The dining room is a first class dining room. People going there tend to dress nicely because of the environment. We tried the food, and it is fantastic. It is like going into a fine dining restaurant. They have line dancing to a lot of different people coming in performing music. They had a lot of physical fitness type stuff for people to be involved. They are low key, but it's just to get them motivated. What is really nice is that in about a month they are going to open up a physical fitness or therapy facility in there, so you don't have to go to a different facility for your physical therapy treatment. Two times a month -- like yesterday -- my father-in-law jumps on their mini-bus, and they go to fishermen's warp for lunch for about three hours and comes back. They do a lot of things like that. The apartments are beautiful. They are very well done and very private. The community is like a family. They are welcoming and always encouraging each other to participate with what is going on. They are very concerned about each other when they don't see someone for a day or two. It is very spacious. There is a lot of sitting/garden areas. It just presents itself better.

November 29, 2014

Emeritus at Rohnert Park was a pleasant-looking facility, and it’s very clean. The staff were all pleasant. They all greet you and treat you like a relative. We ate there, and the food was satisfactory. They have a very large pool. What I didn’t seem to like about them is that it's not close to any small village or city. It seemed to be a little further out than the other places.

October 04, 2014

By Anne Elliot

My relative is very upset by the decline in services since new management took place. Everything from the quality of food, the housekeeping, the temperature of the common areas, the responses to calls has caused distress.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss them in greater detail.

June 30, 2014

My parents are in Emeritus at Rohnert Park. We chose it because it has a large two-bedroom apartment, so my parents are together and each has their own room. My mom has a queen-size bed with a nice window overlooking pine trees and green spaces. It has a double closet and space for her desk. They are in the independent living, but they have to bring in care because my dad needs 24-hour care. I think the place is just fine, and the staff is very good. They are very friendly and helpful. My mom doesn't love the food, but she thinks it's OK. I would like to see them have some things that are a little healthier, wheat-free and organic. However, the garden and the landscaping are nice. They have a beautiful rose garden, and there are nice greens everywhere. The people are very friendly too. They have a lot of good activities. They have a big fireplace in the living room where people are always doing physical therapy activities, playing with balls or doing games, playing music together, singing or doing performances, and they bring in people from the community to do performances. So it is very nice.

December 13, 2013

The first thing we did when we visited Emeritus at Rohnert Park was eat. They have chefs there and you can order anything anytime. It's like a restaurant. They have gardens, walkways, and places that you can go. We just wanted to look at a two bedroom and two bath apartments, but they actually have many floor plans to look at. Their rooms are big. It's a modern facility and it’s impressive.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Rohnert Park

December 16, 2015

By Jerry118112550

I visited Brookdale Rohnert Park. I thought it was very nice and would have been my first choice. I was very impressed with the layout of the place. The staff was very pleasant and very helpful. They took the time to show me around and explain their programs and activities. They spent about an hour and a half with me, so, I was very impressed. I did not eat there, but it was during lunch and a lot of people were eating. That looked very nice. They had a bus that would take them to visit medical facilities or any recreational activities. They showed me their activities room where people do various activities, which I thought looked very good and very nice. It was closer to my son’s house and less expensive.

June 29, 2015

Brookdale Rohnert Park is a very nice place. Food wasn’t quite up to the standard, although that was fine. The dining room was fine and comfortable. It's pleasant overall. We heard a run-down of every activity, and it seemed satisfactory to us.

August 13, 2014

My mom moved in to Emeritus at Rohnert Park about three months ago. Her stay there has been wonderful. We are very pleased with it. The staff is very wonderful. They keep a good eye out for her. My mother is fitting in quite nicely. She is enjoying the outings such as visits to the wineries. Also, she is doing exercise four days a week. She has met some friends. There are a lot of opportunities for socializing there as well as activities that she likes to do. We have had lunch with mom several times. She has brought the whole family to Sunday brunch there; that's one of the best things. The meal plan is very open and she can whatever she wants. They eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, which she likes. They have two different size portions, so she can pick what size portion she wants. They really control the sweets and the breads, so her eating habits are a lot more balanced. Also, my mom likes her room there. She would like it to be a little bigger, but we are trying to tell her that she doesn't need to have as much space there. But her living room was furnished very much like her own home. With regard to the people there, they really do so much for the residents there. They check on them. They are wonderful. The people that work there like working there.

March 31, 2014

By Ann45

Mom lived in Merrill Gardens. The food, the staff, everyone was wonderful. They just seemed to care. It's a nice facility. It's just my mom needed to be around her family more. That's the only reason we moved her out. They have an activities coordinator and everyone who came around. I know they had bingo and all kinds of outings. They had lots of stuff going on.

December 12, 2012

By SuzNc

My mother moved into Merrill Gardens, Rohnert Park under great duress. One hundred years old, she had been living in a retirement community for more than 10 years when she suffered an infection that required her to be hospitalized and undergo a serious operation, followed by a period of home health care. Moreover, she has advanced macular degeneration and is very hard of hearing. Once she returned from the hospital, it became obvious that she could no longer continue living independently, even with part-time home care. At that point, my husband and I began looking for an assisted living facility within the same general geographic location. My mother did not welcome the idea of moving. She resented having to leave the house where she had been living happily for many years, not to mention the friends and acquaintances in her community. Additionally, she dreaded a change of environment and felt personally offended at losing her independence. It was painful for us, as well as for her, to face the necessity of relocation. Nevertheless, change had to come. Even Mom reluctantly recognized that she could no longer care for herself, and could not tolerate having in-home caregivers "violate her space," as she put it. So, my husband and I began a round of visits to local assisted living facilities. While we admired and liked many of them, none seemed quite right. Every situation is different, but my mother's is truly exceptional: Despite her visual and auditory handicaps, she is physically quite strong, walks without assistance, and is mentally very keen. We could not place her in an environment where she would receive care and kindness without physical and mental stimulation! The moment we stepped into Merrill Gardens, we realized that we had found the perfect fit. Like many elder care facilities, it is pleasant, well furnished and cheerful. But, much more important, its residents appeared actively engaged. The facility offers both independent and assisted living arrangements, which are not segregated, but occupy the same building, so there is no sense of isolation for residents who require a higher level of care. Moreover, there is a continual program of activities: classes, lectures, exercise sessions, trips and tours, parties, celebrations, open house occasions for family and friends, and a lavish, festive champagne brunch every Sunday! Another excellent characteristic of Merrill Gardens is that it is large enough to allow for a variety of activities and relationships, yet intimate enough to provide customized service. To be sure, the dispensation of medications and nurse visits are a regular part of the routine for the assisted living residents, but the staff -- unfailingly kind, cheerful and accommodating -- helps in myriad other ways. They have offered my mother transportation to the doctor for unscheduled but necessary appointments, accompanied her on special shopping trips, relayed telephone messages when she cannot hear a caller, and even helped her set up tea and snacks in her private apartment when she wanted to invite outside guests. As one more immensely helpful, personal service, a staff member cleans out her hearing aids on a daily basis. My mother is a courageous woman who struggles to maintain all the independence and vigor of her life despite the challenges of advanced age. If she had been placed in a different facility, we think she would have been deeply unhappy and perhaps lost that stubborn spirit that has guided her through so many successful years. Luck led us to Merrill Gardens, and that has allowed her, not just to stay alive, but to flourish and thrive.

July 23, 2012

By warrior111

I have been volunteering at Merrill Gardens for more than a year now and I have enjoyed every minute of it. The staff is amazing; all the residents are cared for and looked after relentlessly. There are pools and game rooms available for the residents to interact with one another and maintain their health. The facility is very large and has a lot of rooms. It is very spacious and clean and is a very welcoming environment. I have worked there helping the residents with how to use computers since they all are eager to stay in touch with family and friends as well as browse the occasional websites. I feel like I am able to teach them quite a bit since my knowledge with computers is pretty great and so I get a rewarding feeling everytime I help them. All in all, the facility is amazing and is a great place to have a loved one reside. I would highly recommend this facility without reservations and it has and will continue to be a pleasure working there.

June 29, 2012

By trecletarts32

Merril Gardens is a great place to have residents feel like they have control of their own life again. I see that the residents are happy and feel independent even though they live in "assisted living". There are ample opportunities the facility provides that enable the residents to socialize as well as many times a week in which vans go out to local shopping centers and farmers markets. The design of the place is quaint with modern, yet antique touches which makes the place feel home-y and comfortable. I frequently see family visiting and thanking the staff. The staff are very friendly and caring. They call each of the residents once a day to make sure everything is okay. The resident rooms are spacious and have never heard a complaint. The landscaping is probably the best part about the facility. Residents are free to walk around the paved paths equiped with fountains and a peaceful ambiance so they can enjoy the rest of their lives in harmony with those around them.

Photos of Brookdale Rohnert Park

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: RCFE

About Brookdale Rohnert Park

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We are Close to a Casino, Wineries and Sonoma State University. Anytime Dining for residents. Restaurant open from 7am-7pm.

Map of Brookdale Rohnert Park