Welbrook Arlington

Reviews of Welbrook Arlington

Assisted Living Reviews for Welbrook Arlington

September 18, 2016

By Happy at last

Clean,beautiful,wonderful staff,wonderful care, I can finally put my mind to rest, knowing that my parents are in "loving hands"

September 11, 2016

By beverly323706

We chose Welbrook because it had the best facility for the best price. So far, he’s been there since July, and it’s been great. It’s very clean.

February 15, 2016

By Anonymous Reviewer11

Welbrook Senior Living Arlington is outstanding. It is a superior facility. I like the way the bathrooms are set up with the showers and the wheelchair accessibility. This facility is top-notch all the way. The people are just sensational. But I cannot afford it. The cost is prohibitive for us at the moment.

December 30, 2015

By Michelle117977450

Welbrook was nice, and the staff was very informative. The room was clean and spacious. I did witness a couple of activities and it looked like they were well-thought out and the residents enjoyed them.

November 30, 2015

By MS5

The best thing with Welbrook is the staff about; they are very friendly and attentive to my mother’s needs. It’s fairly modern, clean, everything is serviceable and operable. It’s almost like an extended-stay-type hotel room. There accommodations are well-maintained. The building in general and the rooms are very well-maintained as well. The dining setup is very nice. Multiple selections per meals on a daily basis and weekly menu change. They also have the ability to do room service, which is quite nice. They have numerous activities. I am extremely happy with everything, and so is my mother.

November 15, 2015

By Michelle115950850

What I like about Wellbrook Senior Living is that it has assisted living and memory care in the same building. The food is good, but their dining area needs to be bigger. The place is clean.

August 15, 2015

By Sheryl13

Welbrook Senior Living was our favorite. We really liked it. It was clean and spacious. They had outdoor patios and a nice dining room. They had arts and crafts. They had a movie theater and a hair salon. They allowed pets.

July 14, 2015

By Cheri15

I really like Welbrook. The facilities are all new because it is newly remodeled, and they do not have very many residents. It seems very peaceful, and I think it will be good for my mother. She kind of grew with it as they are adding patients in. She has a very lovely large room that we are able to decorate ourselves. We bring her things and decorate it so it is homey. The main rooms are nice also. I think the staff is doing a good job. They are very helpful. The food is good, and she seems to like it. I don't have any issues with the food. I think it looks like pretty nice. The dining area is very nice. She eats with all the other ladies, and it is like eating in the restaurant. They have activities. They play domino and bingo. They can watch TV if they want in the living room area. They usually play games. They can go out in the garden and water it if they want or go on walks out there. What impresses me most is the peacefulness. It seems very quiet and peaceful. They have a code to go in the door so that no one can wander. It is very secure.

July 03, 2015

My experience at Wellbrook was satisfactory. It was exceptional in one way where the residents were very cohesive and very group-oriented. They have pets, and I like how pets were involved in their therapy. They have yards for their pets and care for their pets, so it was unusual in that sense, but effective. The rooms were spacious. I ate there, and the food was good. It was different everyday. It had varied nutrients. They have field trips, games, and water aerobics. Security was very good too.

May 15, 2015

By Caring107019050

Wellbrook Senior Living was our top choice. The facility is open and almost like a hotel environment. Their rooms are the most spacious ones I have seen, and I like their setup the best compared to other facilities. The place seemed clean and nice. The staff answered all my questions, and they also followed up with me.

April 27, 2015

We have my mother moved into Wellbrook. This was actually a place that my sister knew from a friend of hers, so it was like the first one we happened to drive by and look at. The reason we chose it was my mother because they let her have both her dogs. From the information I got from other places that sent me emails, they only took one small pet, and she had two. The other nice thing really when we went and then saw the apartment was that they had a little sink, a refrigerator, and a microwave. I don't know if the other ones did or not, but she liked the fact that she can have a frozen dinner or something if she doesn't want to go to the dining room. She hasn't been to anything yet; she's only been there a couple of weeks, but they have an art studio, and they take them to the different restaurants and movies. They also have the usual bingo. They do have an option where you can have them manage her medication, her doctor's visits, and everything, but she is managing her medication, so we are not using that service right now. One other thing that is totally different is their point system. The services go by so many points, and that's where the cost is. Whereas I noticed in some of the brochures that other places sent me, there was just a flat fee for these things that they did whether you needed all of those things or not. The staff is nice overall. I think it is a fairly new place, so there are still some training issues that are going on. There have been a couple times when they forgot to take her to dinner, and we were there, but she does have a pendant that is like a medical alert thing, so that she can call them. I don't know if it’s the transition or training thing or what happened that they forgot her, but they are working on that. So they were responsive to our concern.

April 27, 2015

We first toured Welbrooke without our relative, and we were very impressed by everything that they offered, so we brought her back for a visit. At first, she was reluctant because it is quite an adjustment, but then the staff was so excellent in following through and understanding her hesitancy for the move and eventually, with their help, she made the move, and it has been great. They have so many activities during the day. They have a choice of 3 different dining rooms that have chefs. They have tablecloths and a menu on the table. They can also eat in their room, which is a lovely little apartment with a balcony. She can have her own furniture and decorate it the way she wants it. Pets are included though she didn't have a pet. There is a pool, a spa, a little putting green, a beautiful art room, and a separate craft room. Near the dining room, they had bingo or different exercise classes. The calendar is so full, and there is something for everyone. They were all extremely friendly and welcoming to her. We feel that Welbrook fits what our relative needs, and it is the perfect place for her.

February 11, 2015

By Deb26

I visited Welbrook, but I was not happy with them. I do not have anything bad to say about them. I just was not as impressed with them as I was with the other places I went to. I do not like the area that it is in. It was nice. They had a little pool that looked like a hotel pool, but they did not have anything that can help those who are handicapped to go in and out of it. It also smelled really bad. The rooms were really nice, and the staff was really nice as well, but it seemed like it was full of people, and it did not seem as personal as the other places.

February 09, 2015

I liked Wellbrook because it was light, cheerful, and seemed to be well-managed. I have already recommended the facility to some of my friends. I looked at the menu, and they had a varied menu. They have card games, crossword puzzles, and church; they had a variety.

December 06, 2014

By Patsy10

My experience was excellent at Welbrook Senior Living Arlington. They were very receptive, very knowledgeable, and very helpful. My friend lives in a studio apartment and has been there for about three months now. I recommend it highly. It is in a good area and is within walking distance to grocery shopping. They offered all the things that we needed. The staff were very helpful. They listened to what we had to say, and they recommended different options.

June 17, 2014

By John86201850

We were impressed with everybody at Welbrook Arlington Senior Living, and I liked them. We were treated well. We tried their food, and it was good. They had nice apartments. However, they didn't have any two-bedroom apartments.

November 30, 2013

By Jeannine2

Welbrook Senior Living had made a lot of changes. But it was a very affordable middle class facility. The rooms were nice and large. A one bedroom was usually around $2,000.00 with three meals a day, seven days a week; laundry and cleaning service. The facility itself, the building and the set up was pretty good. It was open and bright. It was a nice place. The staff and the residents were very friendly. They had activities. It was a pretty good place to go to.

November 10, 2011

By SBSW

Section 8 accepted! They call this place the spa. Miami Beach decor. Nice apartments with common dining room for your pleasure. Well maintained grounds. You may bring your pets too!. They have a van to provide transportation to your appointments. Activities and trips available!! Attentive housekeeping staff. This in an Assisted Living Facility. Special programs for Veterans!! Check out their website or give them a call!!

Independent Living Reviews for Welbrook Arlington

April 06, 2018

By Bob

I was a resident of Welbrook Arlington, but it was too expensive for me, although I think they do a relatively good job. There's a lot of complaints about the food, but institutional food was never going to be like home cooking. They had quite a few activities for the residents, like Thai chi, aerobic classes, poker, games, and entertainers that came in periodically. They also had trips to the local casinos and organized lunches for the residents around the area, and that's just part of it. I think the place was secure and well-maintained. They had an arts and crafts room, library, pool, and so on.

February 27, 2018

By Karen

Welbrook Arlington was welcoming and pleasant. The cleanliness could be a little bit better, but the utility rooms, dining room, and the areas where they have activities were very clean. They had a salon, a lovely dining room, a lovely patio, a room to walk, and a movie theater. The staff was very warm and friendly. They have quite a few amenities. They offer painting art lessons and have an art room for those who are independent. They also have an area for games and do shopping trips.
Thank you for your kind words about Welbrook Arlington. We're so pleased to hear that you felt welcome and enjoyed all the amenities, programming and friendly staff. At MBK we endeavor to complete each task - large or small - with a passion for excellence. Thank you for letting me know that our experienced caring associates at Welbrook are fulfilling that mission

July 17, 2017

By Jason

Welbrook Arlington was clean, they had lots of activities, and lots of options from independent to assisted to memory care. They had a belly dancer and a carnival type thing going on the day I was there. The calendar showed major activities most days. They invited me to come back for lunch and bring my by mother anytime.
How wonderful to hear that you found Welbrook Arlington to be so inviting and full of activities. As part of our company purpose at MBK Senior Living, we strive to exceed the quality, service and care expectations of those we serve. We hope to have more opportunities to do so for you and your mother in the future. Please do bring her back anytime to enjoy lunch in our dining room. Thanks for sharing your experience.

December 05, 2016

By Linda230200

I was very impressed with Welbrook Arlington. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Overall, the entire place including the food was good. The apartment was very clean with new carpet and paint. The cabinets in the kitchen area looked a little antiquated, but it had a good smell to it. There were lots of activities that were very appealing. Considering what I know about pricing in the area, I think theirs was reasonable. I would absolutely recommend this place.
Thank you for your kind words and review of Welbrook Arlington. We're pleased to hear that our associates were helpful and that you found the community clean, inviting and its offerings a very good value. We truly look forward to serving you!

May 03, 2015

By vacationsrfun

I have a parent in independent living for over 3 years. At first move in it was great! Very "homey" staff seemed like family. Food & dining very good. Then things started to change. The bank took over and fired most of the long term management. We started noticing cutbacks in everything, staff, quality of food, housekeeping etc. The facility sold and new ownership and management held meetings and made promises of renovations and improvements. All the while rents continued to climb and costs to residence for little things like a delivered food room tray continued to rise. The major renovation was very disruptive with cost overruns and delays. The security gates were removed. This leaves the facility open to intrusions 24 hours a day to two separate buildings. No one monitors the CCTV cameras. Due to this and other expenses, more staff turnover, staff cuts, degradation of food quality @ times was unedible. Complaints to management fell on deaf ears. The response "we are working on it". Several times dining room service would take 1 to 1 1/2 hours to receive food at the table. Complaints to management: "we are working on it." The one renovation that was necessary was to install overhead fire sprinklers, the rest of the renovations did not add any benefit to the residents. In fact, it was a waste of money. The quality of service & dining has suffered tremendously. I complained of some "unethical" billing practices and threatened to report if changes were not made. If things do not show any further improvement within 90 days I will be looking for another facility for my parent.

December 23, 2014

The staff members of Welbrook Senior Living Arlington are all caring, attentive, and patient. I like it here very much. We do have a number of daily activities such as crossword puzzles and card games. The dining room and the food are excellent.

October 19, 2014

By Cynthia M

Rents will be going up significantly over the next year due to new ownership and to pay for the cost of renovations. Family member has lived her for 2 years and staff turnover is high and management really doesn't listen to the tenants.

September 26, 2014

Welbrook at the time had the most things on my list, but things have changed a lot, as they were undergoing a major renovation when I moved in. It seems very difficult the first six months. The contractor did things wrong and they had to be done over again. It was an absolute mess. I was in a temporary apartment in the assisted living because there wasn’t anything available to fit my needs in the independent living building, but eventually, miraculously, they found a 1-bedroom and made an offer to stay We have three meals a day provided, and most of the food choices are pretty good. I happen to be lactose intolerant, so there are times I can’t eat what they have on their menu. We have a microwave only in our apartment, so I can’t cook anything here in my apartment, nothing major of any kind. They have a number of activities every day. Communication from the staff to the residents is very poor; decisions are made that we have no input on, and that is my biggest concern.

Questions about Welbrook Arlington

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Welbrook Arlington. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

IL is NO CARE or Medication reminders. Please refer to our Assisted Living rates if a resident needs these services

Costs for Welbrook Arlington

Photos of Welbrook Arlington

Services and Amenities of Welbrook Arlington

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Movie Theater, Game Room, Resident Art Studio, Parlor/Bistro

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

About Welbrook Arlington

Centrally located in the historic city of Riverside, California, Welbrook Arlington is a full service senior living community that offers a continuum of care within a serene campus setting. There are plenty of opportunities to enjoy outdoor California living at Welbrook including our manicured grounds with mature trees, plentiful walkways, courtyards with fountains, pool, spa and putting green. The community is also close to shops, restaurants, local parks and medical offices.

What sets us apart is the way we work together with residents and families to build relationships, share expertise and enhance quality of life - everything to make you "feel at home".

Welbrook Senior Living offers a complete continuum of care from Independent Living to Assisted living to Memory Care. Our beautifully landscaped campus offers lush areas for walking and enjoying the outdoors. We offer large living areas to meet with your family and new friends and enjoy a variety of activities 7 days a week. Please call us for a complimentary lunch and tour We are looking forward to meeting you.

Map of Welbrook Arlington