Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care

October 05, 2021

By Jennifer Love

My grandfather is a new resident at Pacifica. They treat you like family. They have the ability to offer specific care based on the individual needs of the resident. They can move the resident from one cottage to another as they require more or less assistance, all in the same friendly location. An added bonus the good of absolutely delicious.

Hi Jennifer Love, thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive review for our team at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. We appreciate it & so do our other reviewers at Caring. We hope to see you again soon!

October 05, 2021

By gjcuellar

Wonderful place to for care for your loved one. Eva, Julie and staff are tentative and caring. I brought my father here after having him at a different facility. Look no further in Riverside for care for your loved ones.

Gjcuellar, we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us!

September 30, 2021

By O. Duran

A wonderful place, they took fantastic care of my mom (Alzheimer's) while she was there. Extremely suportive and extremely caring...above ans beyond in all levels of care

Hello, thank you for your positive review, we are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. Thank you again, we hope you have a wonderful day!

September 30, 2021

By LinAR

My motherinlaw received amazing care and we were constantly informed of how she was doing. The staff always answered our questions, welcomed our visits and gave us suggestions for additional items she might need or benefit from. The cottage leader would text me photos of her enjoying the music days when outside performers would entertain the residents. She enjoyed the cottage spa days when they would do her nails. My motherinlaw needed hospice services at the end and the staff was amazing. They recommended the best hospice service who came in immediately bringing the hospital bed and equipment to her same room. The staff were so attentive not just to her but to our entire family as we spent the last days with her 24/7. We truly felt blessed that we had chosen the right place for her care. I cannot say enough good things about Pacifica Riverside.

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience here; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put resident experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

August 05, 2021

By Linda Christine

Lovely facilities. Friendly and professional staff. The residents appear clean, groomed and well taken care of.

Linda Christine, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

August 03, 2021

By Jackson

The care that my Mom receives is good and genuine. We love that it has an apartment feel to it instead of an institution feel. The small cottages are clean, (no smell) quaint and feel homey. While staffing shortages pose infrequent problems, they have been addressed in an urgent manner with the management. Recommend the food be addressed. Too much meat and sandwiches. Not enough seafood. Staff do not have time to make a grilled cheese if the menu item is unsatisfactory. The hospital food was better, as mediocre as that was.

April 15, 2021

By Val

I liked Pacifica Senior Living Riverside Legacies Memory Care. I thought it was a very nice place, and they actually got a lot of stuff going on for the seniors, more so than the other places we looked at. The premises were very clean, very neat, and the people were very nice and very friendly. I saw some of the residents in their day room, and everybody looked happy and content. It's also very secure. Julie, the person who did the tour for us, was very knowledgeable, answered all my questions, and showed me both the shared room and a private room. The facility is very well maintained, has nice and neat grounds, and there's plenty of grounds for them to walk around in.

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We have a fantastic Executive Director who fosters an atmosphere of acceptance and warmth. She and the outstanding staff genuinely care for all our residents, and their families. Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

February 14, 2021

By Tammie

Pacifica's Riverside Legacies Memory Care has been very coordinated, very helpful, and given a lot of support. I haven't experienced the food yet, but I was told by the person who works with the food about what they prepare and what kind of menu they have, and it sounds very promising. The grounds were very clean, the rooms were comforting, and they feel welcoming. The grounds were also very pretty. There's a few activities available. They take them for a drive, they have people come inside like to bring a petting zoo, they had lots of social activities, and they go for walks. They had a lot of things to stimulate and engage them with.

October 08, 2020

By Susan E.

I specifically like this facility because of the overall environment. There are six single story cottages which makes it very "home" like. The grounds are well kept and nice walking paths throughout. Our family is grateful for the wonderful care our father receives.

Susan E., thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

October 07, 2020

By Foli hubby

Went to visit my friend did not know Pacifica was pet friendly I loved how the residents were happy having the dogs around them The staff are so loving and caring

Hi Foli Hubby, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

October 07, 2020

By lake Hills

I visited the community to pray for the residents The staff were very attentive to the residents and the place looked very clean and taking care of

Hi Lake Hills, thank you so much for your positive comments about Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care!

October 05, 2020

By A Mendoza

Had a great visit with my mother in law. Alma was really welcoming and set up all her stuff for the visit

A Mendoza, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care!

September 30, 2020

By Kimi Waite

My Mom is currently in cottage 5 and I absolutely love the staff in there. Alex communicates with me often and updates me on how my Mom is doing and is very easy to talk to. She reassures me often that my Mom is doing great, which I can tell too since I don't hear from her much anymore. I know she is making friends and settling in nicely. The cottage is always clean and staff go above and beyond to make sure residents needs are always met. I couldn't be happier with our choice to place my Mom at Pacifica Riverside.

September 06, 2020

By Reviewer0912020A

Staff was very friendly and attentive.

October 11, 2019

By R.Rosas

This facility is awesome the rooms are good size and always clean. If something happens or any changes to my uncles medication they always let me know either staff or the facility nurse will call me. In the 2 different cottages that my uncle has been in the care staff have been awesome, and very friendly. Management are also easy to talk to if I have any concerns the door is alway open to me to discuss things. I would definitely recommend this facility to people.

Hello, thank you very much for sharing your positive review. We are very happy to see you feel this way,& we will share your kind words with our teams. As you know we also have a highly trained team available 24-7, including 4 LVN’s, medication technicians, on-call doctor, certified dietitian, and dedicated concierge. We look forward to seeing you again soon, have a great day.

July 08, 2019

By Jeff

Pacifica Senior Living Riverside is OK. It's not great, but it's not bad either. The place isn't big but it's friendly. They offer different levels of care for my mom. They have a salon and they take them out to do things. My mom's room isn't big, but it's a reasonable size and it's clean. It's set up OK. We have no complaints. They're set up almost like a cottage-type thing and they dine with the other residents. The community is laid out well and the landscaping is nice. It's lush and green in between the different cottages.

Hi Jeff, Thank you for sharing your honest review with us here. We appreciate your kind words and understand what you mean about the limitations we have. We have shared your constructive criticism with our corporate office and regional director. We are always looking for ways to improve and appreciate your feedback. We do our best to provide a home away from home for all of our residents and their families. We love what we do and we love our residents. Thank you again for taking the time to share your point of you, we appreciate it look forward to seeing you again soon. .

December 12, 2018

By Satindoll549

Very impressed! The staff is so caring and sincere. The grounds the rooms and entire facility are spotless. The care my brother is well taken of at all times. Thank you!

We are so happy to read such a great review about Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care!

December 03, 2018

By Julie

Very welcoming and clean. Everyone that comes in contact with you greets you with a smile.

Julie, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care!

November 27, 2018

By Zeny

Beautiful community! We love the activities; the music is great. The community has exceptional family gatherings. Thank you to the kind and beautiful ladies of Pacifica!

Zeny, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it and look forward to seeing you again.

November 22, 2018

By Diane & Daryl

Here for a wonderful dinner. Very nice. Had a great time with our dad, Ralph. Thank you so much.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

November 16, 2018

By Marisa

Our family is grateful for the wonderful staff and the care they give my mom. And of course Italian night was a blast!

November 12, 2018

By Jeanette

Very nice event. Food and entertainment was nice. Thank you.

November 07, 2018

By Edward

Mom's well cared for here. We chose this community after much searching. Thank you for caring for my mother with love.

Thank you for your positive review. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

November 01, 2018

By Elizabeth

My husband is really happy here. He likes the facility and staff.

Thank you Elizabeth, we appreciate your feedback! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families, and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience here at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care.

September 24, 2018

By Rebecca

Beautiful clean facility with nice staff members. Lovely green grounds.

Rebecca, Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we did. We hope you have a great day!

September 07, 2018

By Edna McElroy

This is an amazing place. The staff is great and with me living in Chicago I am at peace with my moms care. Thankfully my sister lives in the area and is able to visit with her often. The place is very clean and the rooms are very nice. My mom enjoys her activities and all of her friends.

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

September 26, 2017

By Tony, Son of my Father at Pacifica

We had been trying to take care of my Father with advanced Dementia. We thought we could do it all but it became a matter of his safety that we had to find an affordable and reputable memory care facility. Pacifica of Riverside so far has been a LIFESAVER! Christina was the reason we decided to go there. She was honest, caring and got right to the point on all the necessary information families like us needed to know. From Christina to Valerie(my Father's nurse), if it weren't for them, we would still be looking for a facility. Though I still feel sad for my father(and a bit guilty), I know, in my heart, he is safe and has 24 hour quality care. I highly recommend Pacifica.

Thank you for your positive review. We are so pleased that you are happy and content. We appreciate the kind words and agree with you, we have a wonderful team and fantastic community. We are taking wonderful care of your father, please don't feel guilty. We love what we do! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family. Did you know that we have a Facebook page? It is a fun way for families to see what their loved ones are up to during the day.

September 24, 2017

By kmac6554

We are so glad to have our family members in such a nurturing place. It has given us real peace of mind.

Thank you so much for your positive review! We are very proud of our community, memory care program. We appreciate the high star rating and you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

September 19, 2017

By love my kids

I love Pacifica Senior Living they take very good care of my grandma they make her feel very welcome when i visit they greet me me also with lots of love i sleep great at night knowing that my grandma is in wonderful hands

Thank you for your positive 5 star review, your opinion is very important to us. We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide. We do have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, thanks for noticing and sharing! Did you know that we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). It is a fun way to see what your grandma is doing during the week! Have a great day, we look forward to seeing you again.

September 19, 2017

By blahbl

Attentive and caring staff. Activities to keep residents engaged. Food is institutional but still pretty good.

Thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We are happy to pass along your comments to the culinary team and we will continue to improve in every way that we can. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up.

October 06, 2016

By Bobby650626

Pacifica Senior Living Riverside was very good, but it’s out of our price range. The lady who toured us was very helpful. The grounds were well kept, and it’s near to where I live. The owner was extremely helpful; you could tell she knew a lot about memory issues, and she is just genuine.

Bobby650626, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it, and thank you for your kind words. Thank you for your consideration and we hope that you are happy in the community you choose.

October 05, 2016

By Debra803824

I selected Pacifica Senior Living for this particular client; he needed a secured living environment because he became violent in stage 4 Alzheimer’s, and I found Pacific in Riverside where the director was the perfect fit. I’ve never been so happy and pleased for Robert and his wife. I just can’t say enough good things about it. The staff is wonderful and excellent. They have little cottages, and the food is excellent. The grounds are immaculate. They’ve got an exercise; they got him on a diet. I just think it’s wonderful. My client has never been happier.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We understand how difficult it is during difficult transitions and we are honored that you put your trust in us. We thank you for your referral and for your detailed positive review. We look forward to seeing you again.

June 17, 2016

By Anne178351

We had mom at Pacifica Senior Living when she was still alive. It’s a wonderful place. They had separate cottages with few residents in each, and the view was beautiful. The place was very well kept. We had brunch there, and the food was very good. We loved Pacifica. The people were really warm and wonderful.

We always love to receive great feedback. Anne, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We are very proud of our community and the quality care that we provide.

April 13, 2016

By Fred36

Pacifica had nice, little cottages with about 12 rooms in each. The staff was very nice. It looked like a good place to live.

March 08, 2016

By Emmy

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Riverside are very caring. Everything at the facility is very clean and well kept. It has beautiful surroundings. Everybody looks after every resident in their care. For residents who need special diet, they are careful to give them what they should have to eat and prepare their food separately in the main kitchen before dispensing it to the individual cottages. In the cottages, they make sure the plates go to that resident with the special diet. There is always someone on-call 24 hours a day for all of the residents. They provide entertainment at least once a month. For the new residents, they have a group meeting with an outside counselor to discuss whatever issues they have, which I found very helpful.

Emmy, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community, we appreciate it. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and families at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

December 20, 2015

My aunt is not ready to move, but we did visit Pacifica Senior Living-Riverside for her. They have a memory care specialty. It was very good. It seemed like the staff had experience. The marketing director was very good. The facility was in a very nice location. However, it’s purely for memory care, so it looked depressing to me. The place was nice and well kept.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate the opportunity to show you around. We strive to provide excellent care and service to all our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. We have a Facebook page and you can see all the engaging and enjoyable activities we offer to our residents. When your Aunt is ready to move, we invite you back for another tour. We look forward to seeing you.

October 27, 2015

My wife has been at Pacifica a couple of months so far. We particularly like the people and their style. They have small cottages that house 14 people that we felt were very homey and allowed my wife to be with people in the same category of capabilities. They have single rooms and double rooms; my wife has a double room. They are not as expensive as some of the other places we saw. The facility is a little older but maintained pretty well -- well enough that it was satisfactory, if not top line.

Anonymous114583450, thank you for taking the time to leave us your positive review.

January 31, 2014

My sister-in-law is at Pacifica Riverside. Her daughter chose it for her. The room that she is in is small, but it’s adequate. She has as room for a queen bed, dresser, a lamp stand and for her recliner. The staff are really trying to encourage her to out with the group more. They are very helpful. The two nurses that I have spoken to are very helpful with her needs. They give her medication on time which is one of the reasons why she needs to be in an assisted living facility. She said they took good care of her and she seems to be happy even though she is bored, but that is just part of her dementia. The best thing about this facility is that there are only 14 residents in a cottage which is good. She doesn’t have to relate to a lot of different people. They provide someone to come in and do her hair for a fee. They have a nice lawn area for them to walk. She said the food is good and she eats all of her food. Her appetite is very good now that she is getting regular meals.

Thank you for your positive review.

May 14, 2013

My mom was at Pacifica Riverside for almost four years. I chose it because they had an Alzheimer's and dementia unit. The staff had a caring and loving interaction with the residents. They knew everybody by name and took a lot of care of the residents. The rooms were nice and well-appointed. Everything was top-notch. Although, I thought that they were a little understaffed.

Thank you for your positive review. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and hope you have a wonderful day!

November 27, 2012

By Ernest 1

Pacifica Senior Living is a very good facility. They have cottages, and depending on the level of Alzheimer's, they put together people that can communicate depending on what level of dementia that they're at. The residents have their own room or shared room. They can have their own computers and cable TV. The staff make sure that residents get their laundry done. They also make sure that they take showers and get their medicine. Sometimes they go out and have social activities outside the facility. I just found out today that they went bowling. They can go outside, of course it's secured. My father is happy and content. He's a very social individual and they all like him at the facility.

See all Memory Care reviews (48) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the nurse initially at move-in, 30 days after move-in and every 90 days thereafter.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in a business district partly and behind us is a residential neighborhood.

Is Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 7

• Licenses: CCLD License; RCFE Certified

• Get Costs

About Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care

Located in the Inland Empire, Pacifica Senior Living Riverside Legacies Memory Care offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness.

At Pacifica Senior Living Riverside Legacies Memory Care, we provide intimate settings within 6 residential cottages which allow more personalized one-on-one assistance in a comforting, home-like setting. Each cottage is individually tailored to meet the different needs of each resident.

At Pacifica Senior Living Riverside Legacies Memory Care, our residents have many choices when it comes to filling their days - which is attractive to seniors seeking a comfortable, stylish, intimate memory care community. Our community graciously offers well-appointed private or shared accommodations. We offer dementia specific activity programs, nutritious and delicious meals and snacks, scheduled transportation, extensive social activities, and the convenience of weekly housekeeping.

We welcome you to contact our Pacifica Senior Living memory care community in Riverside, CA to learn how you can experience the best in memory care.

A unique concept of 6 cottages with 14 residents per cottage. Each cottage is individually tailored to meet the different needs and stages of memory impairment while being able to portray a home-like environment.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care