Pacifica Senior Living Riverside

Offers Memory Care

6280 Clay Street, Riverside, CA 92509
Pacifica Senior Living Riverside (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 41 days

Our award winning memory care community offers 6 different cottages with specialty care for both high and low functioning dementia. The unique cottage style offers a cozy environment which transitions our residents easily. See our Facebook page!

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Riverside

Memory Care Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Riverside

October 06, 2016

By Bobby650626

Pacifica Senior Living Riverside was very good, but it’s out of our price range. The lady who toured us was very helpful. The grounds were well kept, and it’s near to where I live. The owner was extremely helpful; you could tell she knew a lot about memory issues, and she is just genuine.

Bobby650626, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community. We appreciate it, and thank you for your kind words. Thank you for your consideration and we hope that you are happy in the community you choose.

October 05, 2016

By Debra803824

I selected Pacifica Senior Living for this particular client; he needed a secured living environment because he became violent in stage 4 Alzheimer’s, and I found Pacific in Riverside where the director was the perfect fit. I’ve never been so happy and pleased for Robert and his wife. I just can’t say enough good things about it. The staff is wonderful and excellent. They have little cottages, and the food is excellent. The grounds are immaculate. They’ve got an exercise; they got him on a diet. I just think it’s wonderful. My client has never been happier.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We understand how difficult it is during difficult transitions and we are honored that you put your trust in us. We thank you for your referral and for your detailed positive review. We look forward to seeing you again.

June 17, 2016

By Anne178351

We had mom at Pacifica Senior Living when she was still alive. It’s a wonderful place. They had separate cottages with few residents in each, and the view was beautiful. The place was very well kept. We had brunch there, and the food was very good. We loved Pacifica. The people were really warm and wonderful.

We always love to receive great feedback. Anne, thank you for taking the time to leave us your review! We are very proud of our community and the quality care that we provide.

April 13, 2016

By Fred36

Pacifica had nice, little cottages with about 12 rooms in each. The staff was very nice. It looked like a good place to live.

March 08, 2016

By Emmy

The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Riverside are very caring. Everything at the facility is very clean and well kept. It has beautiful surroundings. Everybody looks after every resident in their care. For residents who need special diet, they are careful to give them what they should have to eat and prepare their food separately in the main kitchen before dispensing it to the individual cottages. In the cottages, they make sure the plates go to that resident with the special diet. There is always someone on-call 24 hours a day for all of the residents. They provide entertainment at least once a month. For the new residents, they have a group meeting with an outside counselor to discuss whatever issues they have, which I found very helpful.

Emmy, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community, we appreciate it. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and families at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

December 20, 2015

My aunt is not ready to move, but we did visit Pacifica Senior Living-Riverside for her. They have a memory care specialty. It was very good. It seemed like the staff had experience. The marketing director was very good. The facility was in a very nice location. However, it’s purely for memory care, so it looked depressing to me. The place was nice and well kept.

Thank you for your positive review, we appreciate the opportunity to show you around. We strive to provide excellent care and service to all our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living: Riverside Legacies Memory Care. We have a Facebook page and you can see all the engaging and enjoyable activities we offer to our residents. When your Aunt is ready to move, we invite you back for another tour. We look forward to seeing you.

October 27, 2015

My wife has been at Pacifica a couple of months so far. We particularly like the people and their style. They have small cottages that house 14 people that we felt were very homey and allowed my wife to be with people in the same category of capabilities. They have single rooms and double rooms; my wife has a double room. They are not as expensive as some of the other places we saw. The facility is a little older but maintained pretty well -- well enough that it was satisfactory, if not top line.

Anonymous114583450, thank you for taking the time to leave us your positive review.

January 31, 2014

My sister-in-law is at Pacifica Riverside. Her daughter chose it for her. The room that she is in is small, but it’s adequate. She has as room for a queen bed, dresser, a lamp stand and for her recliner. The staff are really trying to encourage her to out with the group more. They are very helpful. The two nurses that I have spoken to are very helpful with her needs. They give her medication on time which is one of the reasons why she needs to be in an assisted living facility. She said they took good care of her and she seems to be happy even though she is bored, but that is just part of her dementia. The best thing about this facility is that there are only 14 residents in a cottage which is good. She doesn’t have to relate to a lot of different people. They provide someone to come in and do her hair for a fee. They have a nice lawn area for them to walk. She said the food is good and she eats all of her food. Her appetite is very good now that she is getting regular meals.

Thank you for your positive review.

May 14, 2013

My mom was at Pacifica Riverside for almost four years. I chose it because they had an Alzheimer's and dementia unit. The staff had a caring and loving interaction with the residents. They knew everybody by name and took a lot of care of the residents. The rooms were nice and well-appointed. Everything was top-notch. Although, I thought that they were a little understaffed.

November 27, 2012

By Ernest 1

Pacifica Senior Living is a very good facility. They have cottages, and depending on the level of Alzheimer's, they put together people that can communicate depending on what level of dementia that they're at. The residents have their own room or shared room. They can have their own computers and cable TV. The staff make sure that residents get their laundry done. They also make sure that they take showers and get their medicine. Sometimes they go out and have social activities outside the facility. I just found out today that they went bowling. They can go outside, of course it's secured. My father is happy and content. He's a very social individual and they all like him at the facility.
See all Memory Care reviews (18) See fewer reviews

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Riverside

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care training starts at orientation and continues throughout the staffs’ tenure. Onboarding includes 26 hours of Dementia and Assisted Living care training with 3 – 5 days of hands-on training. Ongoing training is comprised of computer-based learning (8 additional hours per year); hands-on live classroom training (4 hours per year); and monthly in-service events led by the registered nurse, executive director, or a third party vendor.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We have sufficient staff to meet needs and requirements of the population of residents within our community.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Riverside offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living offers a robust activities program staffed by an activities director and an activities assistant. Group activities including, but limited to, exercise, gardening, movies, baking, putting golf, and singing are scheduled seven days a week from 9:30am through 6:00pm. Additionally, individual one-on-one activities, such as manicures and jewelry making, are ongoing throughout the day. Long-term memories are engaged through activities specific for long-term stimulation and reminiscing with memory books. Other activities include, but are not limited to, live music, dance groups, birthday parties, dance parties, ice cream parties, and holiday parties.

Each resident is assessed by the nurse initially at move-in, 30 days after move-in and every 90 days thereafter.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Riverside use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

As Pacifica Senior Living practices individual person-centered care, techniques vary per resident and are meant to be independent appropriate. Techniques may include reminders, cueing, mechanically enhanced foods, hand-under-hand assistance, or a total assist with feeding. To enrich the dining experience we also provide all our meals on colorful plating.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Riverside keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

The Care Conference, scheduled every 90 days, is the most formal communication with families regarding a loved one’s health. However, Pacifica Senior Living maintains an up-to-date Facebook and distributes a monthly newsletter with a wealth of information regarding the community and its residents.

Is Pacifica Senior Living Riverside affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Although Pacifica Senior Living does not have a corporate affiliation with a hospital, our community works closely with all local hospitals.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Riverside

• Vegetarian

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 7

• Licenses: CCLD License; RCFE Certified

• About Pacifica Senior Living Riverside

Located in the Inland Empire, Pacifica Senior Living Riverside offers full-service memory care programs, providing a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Our community focuses on programs that help individuals with memory loss to thrive while managing the issues of dementia.

Our residential care community offers an atmosphere of home and comfort, reducing the feeling of loneliness and confusion. We understand how important this is to our residents and their loved ones. While providing the best in customized care for our residents, we also provide support and education, helping the entire family enhance their understanding and happiness.

At Pacifica Senior Living Riverside, we provide intimate settings within 6 residential cottages which allow more personalized one-on-one assistance in a comforting, home-like setting. Each cottage is individually tailored to meet the different needs of each resident.

At Pacifica Senior Living Riverside, our residents have many choices when it comes to filling their days - which is attractive to seniors seeking a comfortable, stylish, intimate memory care community. Our community graciously offers well-appointed private or shared accommodations. We offer dementia specific activity programs, nutritious and delicious meals and snacks, scheduled transportation, extensive social activities, and the convenience of weekly housekeeping.

We welcome you to contact our Pacifica Senior Living memory care community in Riverside, CA to learn how you can experience the best in memory care.

A unique concept of 6 cottages with 14 residents per cottage. Each cottage is individually tailored to meet the different needs and stages of memory impairment while being able to portray a home-like environment.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Riverside