Horizon West - Arlington Gardens Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Horizon West - Arlington Gardens Care Center

October 12, 2015

By Elizabeth's daughter

Other

My mom was given the very best care and attention that I could possibly want for her. As a retired director of activities for senior communities this is the nicest one I have be to. Over the past 10 years my mother has been in 4 rehabilitation facilities this is the only one I would recommend. Special thanks to Ida for her kindness and caring heart,mom's favorite.

July 28, 2015

Because of insurance, my dad went over to Arlington Gardens. They're trying to be overfriendly, but it was a little overwhelming. The night nurses weren't doing their job. We would press the button if my dad needed assistance, and we would wait for 30 minutes. Sometimes, they won't even show up. We didn't have a good experience there. I would never put my dad back there. They were so unprofessional. When we got discharged, I had given the discharge nurse all the information about my dad's prescription. I received it a week later. I kept calling them, and they kept transferring me until I got very upset. When we got there, we had left my dad's belongings, and they misplaced it. If you go in there, there's so much action. It's like a bunch of young kids. It's not an environment for rehabilitation. The beds were not suitable for stroke victims. My dad had a neighbor, and he fell three times. It's like a regular bed, and they can easily get out and fall. They had bingo and all the activities for the patients. They should improve on their level of service. It's a rehab center, but you could hear them laughing and cracking up. They have respite care, but I would never take my dad there. I would not trust them with my dad. They're overdoing their customer service and not acknowledging their professionalism when it comes to their care.

May 05, 2015

I didn't like the way that they treated the seniors at Arlington Gardens. They didn’t treat my father right. He had to go to the bathroom because he can't walk right now, he had to use the bathroom, and it was more than 20 minutes for somebody to go help him. He had just gone, and 10 minutes later, he wanted to go again, so the nurse or whatever went in there and said, "Again," and was really rude. They would forget to give his medicines as he needed them. My dad liked the food, and the room was good; it was comfortable. They had bingo and therapy -- nothing big. It was a very nice place, but they just neglect their patients. I was there, and I just heard this lady crying out for help, but I didn't see anybody go and help her. It is nice place to go visit, but not to put a loved one.

June 26, 2014

By Joanne26

My mother-in-law was at Arlington Gardens, and she was very happy with the physical therapy department. She was 88, and she was down for 3 months. When she left the hospital, the doctor said she wouldn't be able to walk, and when she went to Arlington Gardens she could hardly sit up, but within a week, she was standing and walking. The staff was very nice, friendly, and courteous. The physical therapists were all knowledgeable. They really cared about her safety. They were really good. When you went and signed in with the check in people, they had lemonade and tea right there at the front door. They did a lot of games, and they made it fun. The rooms were really nice, and the food was really good. It was a very clean and well-kept facility. It is a very nice and cute facility.

Services and Amenities of Horizon West - Arlington Gardens Care Center

About Horizon West - Arlington Gardens Care Center

Arlington Gardens offers the highest levels of medically complex skilled nursing and rehabilitative care. Our Rehabilitation Services consists of a full-time therapy team that can meet all of your Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy needs. Our specialized services include post-operative care, IV therapies, wound care and hospice. The innovative wellness and activity program focuses on the social and emotional needs of each resident. Our programs are geared to allowing residents to reach their highest level of function and independence.

Our Commitment
At Arlington Gardens, skilled nursing, coupled with our commitment to service and excellence, allows us to provide the finest nursing services available in Riverside County. Arlington Gardens provides an outstanding team of nurses, therapists, and administrative staff who work in conjunction with our activities, dietary and housekeeping personnel to ensure quality services. All are committed to providing compassionate, respectful care and service to our residents and their families.

Map of Horizon West - Arlington Gardens Care Center