Somerford Place of Redlands

Somerford Place of Redlands (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Somerford Place of Redlands

Adult Day Care Reviews for Somerford Place of Redlands

June 15, 2015

Right now we have my mom in at Somerford Place for an adult day care, and that has been fine and good for her. I think its flexible when she gets there and when she can leave. They are really accommodating; she seems to like the staff, and they like her. They have singing, exercises, bingo, and outdoor stuff like gardening as part of their activities.
See all Adult Day Care reviews (1) See fewer reviews

Memory Care Reviews for Somerford Place of Redlands

July 27, 2017

By Cheri Skubic

After searching many places, and understanding the dementia our mom was experiencing, we chose to move our mom to Sumerford place in February of this year. Within two weeks, she completely adjusted to her new life and caregivers who give attention and warmth to those who are in their care. She also has made some friends which bring joy to her life. The food is excellent too. It was the hardest decision we had to make but choosing Sumerford was the best decision we made! Thank you Somerford for caring so well for our mother and giving us peace and assurance that she is in excellent hands!

October 04, 2016

By Melanie458428

Somerford Place was very good, and the rooms were fine, but the price was not good of course; that’s why I haven’t placed her yet. I’m just going to try to keep her at home as long as possible because the cost is really outrageous. I visited the memory care, and it has a secure setting; they could go outside without getting out of the facility. They have exercises, activities, and things like that. The dining area was fine, everything looks clean, and the residents looked fine.

July 27, 2016

By Kevin O.

Somerford Place of Redlands had a lot of really good activities. One of the things I really liked about them was that they had regular training classes on various topics related to the elderly assisted living and dementia so they're very on top of activities for their patients as well as education to the caregivers who visit on a regular basis. They were not a brand-new facility, but they seemed to have a good amount of places to walk and courtyards that appeared to be clean, so it's very nice. We mainly focused on memory care.

July 27, 2016

By Bwood

My wife has been living at Somerford for over 2 years. The personal care she receives from the staff is to be commended. The food is excellent, Her room is well kept, and laundry done. Staff keeps me well informed about her daily needs, such as medications and habits. Thanks for the care she gets.

January 31, 2016

By behavior help

Somerford is a large facility, and too large for my husband. It has very good ratings, but it was too expensive. They have lots of activities. I liked the grounds, it has a large walking trail that went all around, and my husband would enjoy walking all around the building on a nice path. It was very well-kept, very clean, and very attractive.

May 15, 2015

By Mike107038250

Somerford Place of Redlands offered numerous amenities for Alzheimer's patients. All of the amenities were fair. Also, they did offer some solutions on helping me tell my mother that this is where you're going. You can put them in there for a day or two at a time like test residents -- which I thought was good -- so that was their biggest aspect as far as I'm concerned. Somerford Place of Redlands was well done and very well gated, so that residents can't get out or go hurt themselves. The rooms were nice, but they're really not going to be compatible for adults that have very large homes. However, the staff was great. They were really great. With the lady that took me around and all the people that I interacted with -- e.g., some staff people that were trying to care for some Alzheimer's patients -- I was very pleased with what I saw.

January 17, 2014

We also went to Somerford Place. A person took us on a tour to see the room and talked about the facility and the amenities. It was a single story facility with different little activity areas and a couple of dining rooms. The staff was very nice. We met different caregivers. It was a memory care facility so the people there a had more severe mental issues. When we went there, I was looking if dad could comet here during the day when I went to work and pick him up from adult day care later. It was on a weekend and we saw a lot of people just sitting with someone else and were not active. But during the week, people brought their parents or whoever they wanted to stay there while they go to work. It was a little bit depressing with my father. Because he was pretty active and he plays cards and does a lot of things and the people that he saw there were not active. When we left there he said: "I am okay where I am". However, the facility seemed very secure. If you had a family member that you were concerned about wondering, it would be very difficult for them to get out. They had a little nice garden area. The place was quiet and there wasn't any festive decoration. They followed up with me the day after our visited and we had any questions.

October 30, 2012

By Jenny4

After my uncle had a stroke and his dementia started setting in, my parents put him in this home. This place has done a better job of caring for my uncle than my family ever could. He now seems much happier and tranquil than he did before. They offer a great service to those dealing with various kinds of dementia, especially Alzheimer's disease. The staff is specially trained to deal with dementia, and the special focus on a single type of assisted-living care makes them especially skilled in treating and assisting those with memory-loss symptoms. The center is located in a rather quiet residential area, allowing a sense of tranquillity to exist throughout the area. Moreover, the area lends itself to convenience; there are two hospitals and two medical centres within seven miles of Somerford Place. The climate is also warm and dry year-round, which is beneficial to older folk like my uncle because it helps keep away the stiffness that accompanies colder weather.

January 08, 2012

By victor a

This facility is great, I had my husband here for three years, and he was cared for as if he were their own family! The carestaff is very involved in the residents daily activities, and you can tell they love what they do! The building is also very accessible for the residents, and maintained to a high standard.
See all Memory Care reviews (10) See fewer reviews

• Vietnamese

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1

• Licenses: RCFE

About Somerford Place of Redlands

At Somerford Place, we understand the challenges for those living with memory loss and for the people who love them. Providing care and support twenty-four hours a day takes a great amount of energy, emotional strength and a great deal of support. Our award-winning Bridge to Rediscoveryâ„¢ program helps give people with Alzheimer's and other types of dementias the specialized care they need as they rediscover the joy in everyday life. We have day, overnight and live-in options to fit any of your needs.

Nice large backyard and two outside courtyards.

Map of Somerford Place of Redlands