Mission Commons

Reviews of Mission Commons

Assisted Living Reviews for Mission Commons

February 07, 2017

By Lucy637233

Mission Commons was very pleasant, well kept, and clean, and had activities for seniors. They had visiting concerts, and you can get your hair done there. They offer areas where you can cook little things, like cookies. They had a full schedule of activities. The grounds were OK, but there weren't a lot of outdoor activities because it was on a pretty busy street. My mother-in-law had lived there at one time, but she moved because another place had opened up that was cheaper. We thought it was quite nice.

October 13, 2016

By William317156

I visited Mission Commons. Food was quite adequate. The problem I had was there was another table nearby where they were drinking wine and eating meat, and I got a little uncomfortable about that. They had a 200-square foot room available, which was not adequate for me at all. The room prices were too high too. I would say that Mission Commons was definitely a 5-star location. The lady there was exceptionally nice. She has helped me in other ways.

August 16, 2016

By Anne535800

I liked Mission Commons. It seemed like the staff was friendly. We had lunch with them, and it was just OK. The dining area was very nice and very inviting. It was comfortable and friendly.

July 31, 2016

By Debbie432003

Mission Commons is a very nice, well-appointed community, and the staff seemed very friendly. It looked like it would be a good place for a parent. I saw a one-bedroom apartment, and it was very nice. The bathroom had a walk-in shower and anti-slip floors. They had emergency pull cords in all the rooms for when the person is in a situation and needs help. Something I thought was very intriguing was that all the electrical plugs were raised high off the floor, so they didn't have to bend way over to plug something in which I thought was really helpful.

July 01, 2016

By Eleanor583762

I visited Mission Commons. They were very nice. I only saw one room, which was nice. It sounded like they had something going on almost every day. I visited the dining area, and it looked very homey.

May 10, 2016

By MannyYOWGL

I visited Mission Commons, but it kind of turned me off because everything was so much older. The furniture looked like pieces from here and there put together. All you had there were patients with Medicare, so people who really cannot afford a higher-end unit. They had a big backyard. The person who gave us the tour was nice. The building itself is nice. They can improve by updating their recreational, hobby, and exercise rooms. The main lobby was pretty decent, but if you start getting into little areas, that's where the big disappointment comes in.

April 14, 2016

By marvin16

Mission Commons was pretty average and not fancy enough for my parents, thought the dining room was nice. The rooms were also average and clean but not very spacious, and the kitchenette was somewhat limited. The people who gave the tour were very nice.

February 29, 2016

By Violet5

Mission Commons has been very nice. They had patios and the food is super awesome, it’s my mom would like. The staff was nice. If you just need something, they will just press the button and someone will come. They have an emergency button. They have people that will come and try to see if the internet is working, but it’s not as much help as I thought it would be. The people there are nice. They have a menu but mom is a picky eater. She was totally there for like a month and she vent over and broke her hip and was in the hospital for two months. She does say that she will participate in activities.

January 08, 2016

By Laura116628150

Mission Commons is a great place. The residents and the staff are really nice. They have very caring staff that listen. Their tolerance for people who are jerks is great.

July 28, 2015

Mission Commons is a wonderful facility. I will recommend it to anybody who needs that. The staff seems very nice. I will say that it is a top of the line facility in the area. They have so many variations of rooms. They have shared rooms; some are large, and some are small. It depends on what you can afford and what fits your need. They have several dining rooms. The people that we talk to are very nice. It is the very best facility, and it is like a hotel. It is very upscale.

July 14, 2015

My dad is now at Mission Commons. The staff is very caring, and the meals are very nice. The apartments are kept clean. They have music groups that come in and sing to the people. They also have card games and movie nights.

April 13, 2015

By Sue0217

They do activities during the week, but those activities are routine and never change which offers no means of keeping the mind a sharp. This place is all about making money and not really about the residence. I spent a lot of time with the residence and would NOT put my loved one here.

Hi Sue, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. I'm so very sorry to hear you have a negative impression of Mission Commons. I'm particularly concerned about your assessment of our activities selection since we pride ourselves on having robust activities calendars. In fact, our calendars can't be posted without meeting specific guidelines, called The Layers of The Holiday Lifestyle. If you have any other concerns about Mission Commons, I highly urge you to contact our Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331. I've passed your feedback onto them for their review. Thanks, Katie

August 29, 2014

By Stephen15

I went to visit Mission Commons and it went fine. The staff was very helpful. The rooms are very nice.

July 20, 2014

By Rita22

We chose Mission Commons because it is a cleaner facility and it is closer to where we want my mom to be. It is very nice. The room is a good size and clean. The food is fantastic. The meals are always well balanced and nutritious. The staff is wonderful. They are very compassionate. They have quite a few activities, but my mother-in-law is not able to participate because of her health. They have a game room, an outside patio, a social room, and they have a lot of walking area. It is a very open facility with a nice view.

May 10, 2014

By Melody4

Mission Commons was a big facility that we thought was very nice. My mother-in-law was looking more for a small place, like more intimate, but it looked like they had a lot of activities. The staff were really nice, and the prices were competitive with the other places. It was really big though, and I think they had more stairs and elevators. She probably would not do well there. The room was nice, and the people are really friendly.

April 01, 2014

By Charles39

Mission Commons has been nice to us, so that was a plus. They call us by our first names. Some of the helpers are a little more like I am and a little more formal, but it's a little expensive.

September 26, 2013

By Meryll1

We toured Mission Commons and it was fabulous. Everybody there from the staff to the patients had a smile on their face. They all looked like they were happy to be there. The staff seemed to know their job well and everyone seemed wanting and willing to be helpful. It didn't have an institutional kind of smell and it had a really homey feeling. They had single rooms, double rooms and cared suites.

July 12, 2013

By Betty29

My father has moved into Mission Commons. I would recommend this place. The facility is clean. It gives a home-like environment. The staff is very friendly and very nurturing to the residents. They are doing a good job. Their director for assisted living is also very open to suggestions and implementing changes.

June 19, 2013

By Jody B.

They provide for the ones who need assisted and independent living. They offer more activities and meals. They have friendly staff.

April 26, 2013

By Milka 1

We toured Mission Commons and we talked to them quite extensively. They even went over to the rehab center where my mother-in-law was before we even moved her and interviewed her and talked to her about the program. But we're not able to handle it financially to get them there. It was a wonderful place. It would have been my choice. It was great and a very nice complex. The staff is very friendly and they have social activities, too. I would have loved to put my in-laws there. But financially, it wasn't possible.

September 17, 2012

By sergeantsofa

The facility was very relaxing to be in. They had a very scheduled daily routine, dinner at either five or six in the evening (I can't remember specifically) so it was nice to know exactly when things were happening. They had scheduled activities and games, as well as puzzle packets that people could pick up and fill out during the day. The employees at Mission Commons were very friendly and approachable, which helped make it a relaxing environment to go to. Admittedly, my first time I was there I got a bit lost, because it's actually a very large building (I felt like a fool!). Luckily for me, one of the employees was nice enough to approach me and help me find where I needed to go though. Anyway, the parking here is nice too, they have ample parking whereas a few places I've been to have limited parking so you're expected to simply park on the street or something. My whole experience here was pleasant.

September 12, 2012

By liz42

The facility was beautiful and had wonderful landscaped grounds. The rooms and food service were excellent. There were a few times that my parents used their emergency pull cords or lanyard buttons and the staff responded very quickly and were helpful in assessing and assisting with the issue.My only complaint is that the staff contacted my parents in the first place, wanting them to come for a tour, because, according to them my Dad would have no problem getting financial assistance from the VA. When all the paperwork went through he was rejected and they were forced to move out. That was their third move in less than a year. We all thought this would be their permanent living space. Although, it seems that the staff did all that they could in the situation to help with the paperwork and contacting the VA when necessary to try to get the paperwork finished, so that was a positive.

July 05, 2012

By lexi452

I enjoyed my visit to this facility it was clean and quite inside. The staff all seemed very friendly, attentive and, helpful. The residents that I encountered all seemed very happy. I was pleased to hear that they offered a lot of social events for the residents and that they were encouraged to socialize. I was quite impressed with the facility as I mentioned it was very up to date and modern looking the facility included a pool, hot tub, game room, activity room, lounge room and I believe there was a church as well. There was plenty of space for each of the residence, the individual rooms each had an air conditioner/ heater, television and a comfortable looking bed. While I was there it was lunch time and the food actually smelled pretty good, I'm not sure what they were served but it did smell great. Another perk about this facility is that it is pretty close to Redlands hospital, so if anything major happens the resident doesn't have to travel far for help.

May 25, 2012

By SBSW

I visit this facility often. It is an assisted living and independant living facility located in Redlands California. It's around the corner from Redlands Community Hospital. This facility has extremely profession staff who wear navy blue polo shirts and kaki pants. Mission commons has independant living upstairs for those who are able to care for themselves. Downstairs is the assisted living with total care which offers more supervision for those who need it. I was there during mealtime. I observed attentive staff feeding the residents that were not able to feed themselves. The food smelled good with several options. Also downstairs the doors to the rooms may be left open therefore the residents are checked in on by the staff constantly. They offer activities. I've seen music time, and movies. I also notice the staff address the residents by name. The grounds are beautiful too. No smell. This is a very clean place to live.

Independent Living Reviews for Mission Commons

June 22, 2016

By Marilyn556252

I only looked at Mission Commons. It was very good, and I was given all of the information, but I was not ready to make the decision yet. The rooms were OK. I did not like the fact that they did not have a kitchen at all; however, they provided all of the meals. I liked that they had transportation if you decided to go someplace or to see doctors. They were all very kind and police. It seemed to be a good atmosphere.

February 09, 2016

By Visitor119249350

My mom-in-law personally chose Mission Commons because they have units that you could rent with full kitchens including stoves, and refrigerators. She is not a candidate for assisted-living. She moved into the independent-living part where she has a full apartment. They provide her with limited services which is all she needs at this time. One of her reasons for choosing this facility is for the proximity to two of her children. The facility provides good meals. They have a transportation that takes them to church every Sunday, and shopping once a week. They have teas every afternoon, and social hours. Mom-in-law seems to be enjoying all of that.

September 07, 2015

By Laura111210450

Mission Commons is wonderful. It was a clean place with beautiful grounds. The people were lovely. The residents seemed to be very happy. They have a beautiful library. They have games and activities. I would have put my parents there.

September 22, 2014

I was able to visit Mission Common for my father-in-law. The condition of it, the facility, the menu, dining, rooms, and the location, everything is very, very good. I have no problems at all about it. I would say that their cleanliness is above average. The location is very convenient as it is close to downtown, so it's close to stores and restaurants and other facilities. It’s a good place. The staff who took time to accommodate me was very informative and also took time to go through all the details. She was very helpful. I was able to look at two units. The one bedroom unit was very satisfactory, but the studio unit, I think, it was very small. The price was reasonable though. The dining facility is very spacious. It's very clean and nice. I know they do have activities, but I wasn’t involved in discussing that.

August 29, 2014

By Edward18

I visited Mission Commons and it was a very nice place. The apartment units themselves were nicely decorated. The location is good, as it's near hospitals as well as other private medical services. It did not have a swimming pool and that was the downside. There is a tiny refrigerator in the rooms and it was very sparse -- it didn’t present very well. As I recall it’s one of the Holiday places and they did have some good features -- for instance, you were able to stay at one of their many other facilities. According to what they told us, you could stay in there for free for a week or so. After you are there for a while, you could be an in-house resident. I don’t know just what compensation you would receive, but they had other opportunities for the tenants.

August 11, 2014

Mission Commons met my basic requirements, which included the availability of a two-bedroom unit on the first floor. I had the added bonus of having an entrance on the side. The place is very, very nice, with very pleasant people -- especially the managers Julienne and Danny. They are very helpful and they are not just good managers -- they are caring people. There are a lot of activities, but I haven't settled in to attend any activities right now. I just like the managers, the people, and all that. I haven't been here long enough to assess the whole situation. They are very pleasant and very helpful. They respond to the residents' needs and inquiries.

May 10, 2014

We found Mission Commons for my dad. The main reason we chose it was because of the atmosphere. It's an independent/assisted living facility as supposed to a fully assisted side. This allowed him to feel like he was going into a community. It had an up-atmosphere for him. The facility is very clean too. The staff is excellent and attentive. They seemed to respond pretty well, and Dad is very pleased with the way the staff tends to him. His room is on the ground floor, and it looks out on a grass area, and we feel that we were really blessed to get him in there. The meals were OK. I can't say it's gourmet, but I can say it's sufficient. He seems to be OKwith it. They have activities, like they have church on Sunday, and they have activities throughout the week, and I think every day they have something going on.

April 13, 2014

By Susan81624550

We did a tour at Mission Commons and it was a very positive experience. It was for my mom and her friend, it was in their area. We're very impressed with the facility and the program that they have. The gal who took us around did a great job. There were two couples that lived there 24 hours a day. We only saw one 2 bedroom apartment because the others were being renovated. It wasn't one of the regular ones, it was the one that is used for guests, but they liked it.

November 28, 2013

By Jeannine2

I visited Mission Commons. We were pleased with the ground. The landscaping was kept-up very nice. The rooms were neat. The hallways where the residents move around were very pleasing and very welcoming. The meal was good. Their manager Kyle kept calling and asking me how my clients were doing or do I have other clients.

August 10, 2013

By Raschelle

The one I really wanted to move in was Mission Commons in Redlands, but they are just so expensive. I did talk to the staff there and they told me that they will be lowering their prices by renting one apartment with two people. The studio apartment is small. The bathroom has step-in shower and grab bars in there and that is the most important thing to an older person. The room is really nice. They have a little kitchen with a little refrigerator. The people are very friendly.

Costs for Mission Commons

Photos of Mission Commons

Services and Amenities of Mission Commons

• Hiking Trails

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• About Mission Commons

For all the years you've put into making the world a better place for the rest of us, it's time we return the favor...at Mission Commons.

Your "home base" of Redlands, California, is the source of marvelous scenery, exquisite gardens, many parks, historical neighborhoods, and a pleasant climate. Enjoy an old-time small town feeling and atmosphere while enjoying all of the modern amenities and attractions nearby: 14 public parks, stately Victorian mansions, Redlands Symphony, Redlands Footlighters Theatre, and the Kimberly Crest House and Gardens, a graceful example of chateauesque architecture of the late 19th century. Personally, we'd be hard-pressed to think of a better way to spend your retirement years! Welcome home to the wonderful community of Mission Commons, where our friendly staff and residents will treat you just like family!

Beautiful landscaped grounds - all size dogs welcome - unleashed dog park on site

Map of Mission Commons