Hilltop Estates Redding, CA

Reviews of Hilltop Estates

Independent Living Reviews for Hilltop Estates

April 18, 2017

By Brenda831210

We toured Hilltop Estates. It was very nice. My father-in-law looked at a small studio, and he said, "Oh this is plenty." They did all kinds of celebrations for the holidays. They had a game room, a gym, a laundry room, a library, and a big living area.

December 27, 2016

By Nancy013663

We chose Hilltop Estates for my dad. The place is clean and organized, and has nice rooms and good food. They have a good cook and a wonderful, helpful staff. They have different kinds of activities every day.

September 13, 2016

By Jill631545

My parents are staying in Hilltop Estates. Its general appearance is fine. Their apartment is a nice one-bedroom that could have more space, but its nice and has a balcony. My biggest complaint is the food. I even actually called the corporate about the food and how my dad has a hard time and he is not doing well with the food. It is making him sick. The serve cold food and a generic salad over and over again. Their response to my complaint was pretty disappointing. They should improve on their food and their responses to people who have issues. Lunch can take over two hours from beginning to end because of wait staff. They try to participate in bingo and cards, but my parents are a little bit younger then the other residents. They are only in their mid-60s and everybody else is older. They are actually being treated poorly by a lot of the seniors that live there. So, they do not go to any of the activities. Everybody is extremely rude.

Hi Jill631545, thank you for leaving this detailed feedback about your experience with Hilltop Estates. We appreciate you taking the time to respond. The staff at Hilltop Estates take our reviews very seriously, and your opinion plays an integral role. We are so happy to hear you and your parents are happy with their balcony and one-bedroom apartment, but regret to hear their experience with other residents and the food. We'd like to help, and would encourage you to reach out to our Resident Relations, which is well-equipped and able to respond to these and other concerns. If you can, please give them a call at (800)-370-8331. Thank you!

June 10, 2016

By Patricia457861

I’ve been to Hilltop Estates. It is a more expensive place because they provide food and everything but that’s super nice. The Hilltop Estates is excellent. They have good staff, food, and programs. They have events where you could go over there and look at the facility. It is a very nice place. They go places. We have a friend who lives there in a super nice unit. She does not need any help.

February 29, 2016

By Caring Visitor38

Hilltop Estates did a quality job. The staff was good. They knew their business and they presented a nice place. The apartments were a little smaller than the other place I visited. It was an older facility. However, it had a good feel. The residents were happy.

February 22, 2016

By Tammy31

Hilltop Estates is very nice, very clean, and upbeat. The apartment is very nice, too. The staff has been very helpful. The dining area is nice, and the food is pretty good.

February 21, 2016

By Susan120230850

I took my friend to visit Hilltop Estates. The tour was excellent. The lady that helped us was wonderful. I loved everything about it and thought it looked like a great place to live. The drawback is my friend didn’t have enough money to pay for it. The rooms were beautiful. The services were excellent. The atmosphere was wonderful. All of the people seemed very nice and very helpful. I would recommend this community to someone who has the money.

February 09, 2016

By Anonymous Reviewer9

So far, Hilltop Estates has been great. Mom-in-law likes it here. She has a room at this facility, and then we hired a caregiver to assist her 24/7.

November 24, 2015

By Aubrey H.

My grandmother has been in Hilltop Estates for approximately four and half weeks now. As far as I know, they are really kind. They check on everybody and clean the rooms. The place is really affordable for my family. She can take her little dog for like an extra $25 a month, which we ended up not doing because the dog is not really safe for her anymore as he is not very well trained. It is very accommodating, and, so far, she's very happy with it and feels very safe. We chose it because it is within our price range, and they had a room open pretty much right away. My grandmother's room has a bathroom, a sink, and a small refrigerator, which is totally appropriate for her age. It is clean. I have not eaten there, but they did invite family for Thanksgiving because they know it is really hard for old people to travel. I think that is nice.

September 30, 2015

The people were very nice at Hilltop Estates. It was a little overwhelming for me. It took me a little while to get used to the idea because I live in a very isolated area, and I am alone a lot. The food was very good. I liked the people. I thought they were pretty expensive.

November 11, 2014

I had enrolled my mother at Hilltop Estates, but at the last minute she didn’t want to go in there so I am looking to have her go into one in Santa Rosa. They were very nice, but I am having issues right now as they are holding up. Two days after her moving date, I called the management as my mom was saying if you are going to be moving you are going to make get used to this place for months and then move me and that’s not really fair, and I said I don’t want to move her in there. They said well sorry you are responsible for a three months contract that you signed and so far they have been holding me to it and never has the right person gotten back to me to tell me how I can either delay her monthly expenses or go into arbitration, and I keep asking them I need to start arbitration then how do I do that and even today I spoke to the man some help up and he said I will talk to my superior and have him get right back with you. They still haven’t called me back, and I am wondering how long can they delay this and I am going to offer another months and did not get a refund or anything. I am nothing getting anywhere with resolving the issue. They just get cutting me off. She was like moving to a studio there and they have said when one opens up and I said okay well let us know when it ups and I will move her in there. At this point, I would not definitely recommend the facility.

Hello, we are sad to see you experienced roadblocks resolving your issues with our community, we hope everything ended justly.

December 26, 2013

We have come across Hilltop Estates through online search. I'm on their waiting list now and I think that already says a lot about this place. The staff was wonderful, friendly, and informative. They're really great. Their rooms were small but adequate.

Costs for Hilltop Estates

Photos of Hilltop Estates

Services and Amenities of Hilltop Estates

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Hilltop Estates

Hilltop Estates is located in Redding, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Hilltop Estates for a visit...and stay!

Map of Hilltop Estates