Rancho Mirage Terrace

Reviews of Rancho Mirage Terrace

Assisted Living Reviews for Rancho Mirage Terrace

October 10, 2016

By Gigi725232

Mission Hills is a very nice place. It’s very clean. It’s definitely a good place. The staff is very accommodating. The atmosphere is very nice. Everyone is very friendly. I feel very good about it. One other thing that I was very happy about it is that the area for the patients that have dementia or Alzheimer’s; they have a floor that is secured, and the patients cannot just walk away and wander somewhere.

May 10, 2016

By Carol124439950

Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage was a clean and pleasant place. Everyone was helpful. We ended up placing my mom there, but it also helped that it was just 5 minutes away from my brother's house. Everyone had been wonderful, and they went out of their way to make the transition as smooth as possible. I had a couple of meals there and the food was good, smaller portions primarily for seniors but it's good quality food.

May 10, 2016

By MikeYDYYB

My mother is in Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage. It was pretty low grade, so it peaked our interest. The price was right, and we did it based on cost. The staff was wonderful except for the girl that does the selling. She's not good at her job and she's so insecure. The activities are limited there, but they have bingo and crafts on a daily basis. The only thing she does there is eat and play bingo. She says the food is very good. The choice that they have on the menu is extremely limited compared to where she was. They serve small portions and you only have one choice. The quality is fine, but they need more choices. They also need to clean the halls up a little.

March 23, 2016

What I liked about Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage was that it was a fairly modern facility in a very nice area. The rate was reasonable given all of the services provided. The population is just the right size with less than 100 residents.

February 26, 2016

By Lissa1

I stayed for 2 weeks at Mission Hills. They took really good care of me. It was great, and I loved it. I made a lot of friends there with the caregivers. The room was great, the menu was good, but they need to put up a separate wing just for post-op.

December 21, 2015

By A Fellow Reviewer11

I visited Mission Hills. It was very pleasant and very nice. The visit was very helpful, but we decided it wasn’t a place for us. We wanted a kitchen in the room. Nevertheless, the food was very good, and there were some good things to do, too.

November 15, 2015

Mission Hills needs an update and new carpeting. It’s built more like a hotel, has two stories, which I don’t like, and it’s not clean enough. They do have good activities. I didn’t like the dining room; it’s more like a feeding hall. The food was excellent, but Joe, who was the head of the kitchen, isn’t there anymore, so I don’t know how it is anymore. They’re not putting enough money into it. They need to re-carpet again, so they’ll probably do that.

October 31, 2015

Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage was not quite as updated and nice. It was a little bit older and tired. They have set meal times. They also have set driving days, e.g., only two days a week where they go to doctors' offices and once a week where they go to big stores. The facility was a lot more set and not as flexible.

February 10, 2015

Mission Hills at Rancho Mirage is not terrific, but it is OK. The staff is fine. My sister is in an apartment unit, and it is average in size. The food is good, and the dining room is OK. I would recommend this facility to others.

April 29, 2014

The one I liked the best was Mission Hills Senior Living. We liked the atmosphere, and the units seemed very nice. They have the two units separated, but they're equal, and I just liked it better than the others I visited. I talked to a woman whose husband was there, and she was happy with the care. They can't get out if they're in the memory wing. They have a weekly outing somewhere. They gave me some pastry, and it was delicious. From what I can tell, it's about as good as it gets.

March 31, 2014

By Caring67320150

My friend has been at Mission Hills for over a year now. I think it is a very nice place. She's settled down. She goes to the dining room for her meals, and then they have activities during the week. I think the staff has been very helpful, accommodating, and cheerful. It's just a very clean, kept-up community. Our friend who is there has problems: she has dementia, and she imagines things. She is being taken care of. Mission Hills has walkers and wheelchairs, but I personally would prefer to be on one floor.

January 31, 2014

By Elsie3

Mission Hills was clean and nice. The people were very friendly and nice. The area may not be as accessible because it was kind of a set aside area. But it was not that far. It was may be 15 to 20 minutes to a more populated area with shopping and restaurants. They also had a restaurant style for meals, which was nice. May be their activity calendar wasn't quite best, but they had an outdoor pool. I thought the main draw back was the room plans. They weren't quite as good. I don't really like the fact that even the one-bedroom model, they had very little extra storage and all the bedroom had regular size closet which wasn’t very big. But the bathrooms were nice and they had all the safety ropes. They had a small refrigerator under the counter.

December 30, 2013

By Caring82068750

Mission Hills is a lovely place, kept very clean. It has a very pretty, nice big dining room. The food isn't as good as I've seen in other places at the moment. There are 70 buildings like this owned by the company. The director of the staff is very pleasant. We have a lady here who handles the medicine and she's very knowledgeable and good.

October 30, 2013

By Caring71982950

The staff at Mission Hills was very outgoing and very anxious to help. They had shows every week and I've already received invitations to their events. It was a little bit more open space. That would be a second choice but I still wouldn't want to go there because it was a smaller facility and off the very main street, down the street from the hospital, kind of set off in their own property. It was more appealing to me but at this point in my life, it wasn't something I wanted to pursue.

February 23, 2012

By LadyLuck1

The dining room was always clean and well organized. The meals seemed well rounded and good portion sizes. The facility provided assistance for residents needing it as well as more private setups for residents that needed less help. The apartment setup offered residents the opportunity to maintain a private lifestyle that did not confine them to a hospital room- it felt more like home. The staff was always friendly and upbeat, whether they were greeting you at the door or helping a resident. The facility often provided activities and social opportunities for residents to listen to music, hear stories, go shopping, and participate in performances and religious programs. There was also a pool for residents to exercise and get outside. I felt safe with my elderly relative here as the staff could provide medical help which was needed for her a few times. We felt assured she had opportunities to stay busy and active while still taken care of while in her more fragile state.

Costs for Rancho Mirage Terrace

Photos of Rancho Mirage Terrace

Services and Amenities of Rancho Mirage Terrace

About Rancho Mirage Terrace

Set in the beautiful Coachella Valley near golf courses and Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, Rancho Mirage Terrace – an Atria Senior Living community – helps older people enjoy a simplified lifestyle.

This welcoming residence offers a selection of studio and one-bedroom apartments, most with a kitchenette. Just steps away are a variety of convenient amenities, including a heated pool and hot tub, salon and barber shop, and inviting outdoor spaces such as a designated space for dog walking and walking paths. A friendly, caring staff is available 24/7 to provide discreet support when needed.

For people living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, Rancho Mirage Terrace offers a forward-thinking approach to memory care. Residents enjoy exercise and social engagement in a secure, thoughtfully designed space with specially trained caregivers.

Every day is a new opportunity for connection, creativity and fun. With daily events and activities, residents can continue doing the things they love and discover new interests. From ice cream socials to happy hours, residents can be as active and involved as they like.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 23,000 seniors and employ more than 16,000 people.

Map of Rancho Mirage Terrace