Silver Oak South

Reviews of Silver Oak South

Assisted Living Reviews for Silver Oak South

September 14, 2017

By Terri L.

I am so very pleased with Silver Oak South My parents have both lived at Silver Oak South now for over 8 months. My father has dementia and is on hospice and my mother wanted to be able to live with him where ever he was.. It was difficult to find a suitable place that would take excellent care of my father and yet be "normal" enough and "beautiful" enough for my mother. I am a hospice nurse so I am very particular and scrutinized many facilities. I am so very pleased with Silver Oak South. Danni and Chris (the owners) have treated my parents like family and all of their staff have been exceptional. The home is absolutely beautiful and the one on one care superb. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone looking for either high acute care or simply a wonderful home like setting for their loved one.......... Terri L.
Thank you Terri for your kind words. Kris & Danelle

September 14, 2017

By June B.

Such a great place for my mother. We recently moved our mother here, after a bad experience at a commercial assisted-living facility, and we -- and she -- couldn't be happier. This is by no means a clinical setting; it is more like a family home that happens to have a few elderly residents. Home-cooked meals are served family-style at one large table. Residents have their own comfortable rooms, tailored to their needs. And the big bonus for my mom, in addition to the outstanding personal care, is that there is a toddler living in the home with his parents, who are the primary caretakers, chickens in the yard (fresh eggs for breakfast), four dogs and a lovely patio to take in the sun and breeze. This is such a pleasant change. There is also usually soft piped-in music playing, and an old movie on the big-screen TV in the family room, where residents can watch from the comfort of their individual recliners. There's just so much more stimulation for my mom here, rather than sitting alone in her room in a facility where overworked caretakers pop in once or twice a day to make sure she's still breathing. Also, it is a pleasant, quiet atmosphere. This isn't going to be the solution for everyone who has a loved one with Alzheimer's, since Silver Oak screens its residents carefully, and won't take anyone with anger or acting-out issues. However, this is why it's such a great place for my mother, who was actually afraid of the other residents in her last place, since some, unfortunately, react to the ravages of dementia by shouting, swearing or becoming violent. This, in the other hand, is a nice, safe space, and doesn't cost any more than the commercial facility -- but brings with it much greater joy and peace of mind for our whole family. June B.
Thank you June for your very kind words, Kris & Danelle

Costs for Silver Oak South

Photos of Silver Oak South

Services and Amenities of Silver Oak South

• Housing Extra: Shared & Private Bedrooms

• About Silver Oak South

Our goal is to provide board and care benefits that are missing in other senior residences in San Diego County. Silver Oak South Country Estates is unique among assisted living homes.

• Individual service plan for each resident, updated periodically.
  • Plan to keep residents as independent as possible with a tailored plan of assistance.
  • Daily social, cultural and recreational planned activities.
  • Custom planning for optimum lifestyle and a whole person wellness program.
  • Exercise and wellness programs suitable for each resident.
  • Personal care includes showering and bathing, mobility and transferring, monitoring of safety.
  • Dementia care provided.
  • Year round we offer music, crafts, yoga, worship, an onsite salon and bring in animals, children and a caring staff to assist our residents in maintaining a healthy, active and interesting lifestyle. We also outings such as plays and community events.

In the warmer months of the year our residents can enjoy a beautifully decorated outdoor courtyard complete with umbrella covered tables and chairs and flowers in abundance. Our garden, koi pond and hedge maze are just a few of the many outdoor activities that our residents can take pleasure in as well as just relaxing and soaking up the sun.

Map of Silver Oak South