Sunrise Villa Bradford

1180 N. Bradford Ave., Placentia, CA 92870
Sunrise Villa Bradford (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

Please ask about our February Special Incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise Villa Bradford

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise Villa Bradford

July 22, 2014

By Tom83180450

Bradford Square was a good one. It was an old style building, but the way they had it decorated was nice. We didn't sample the food, but the dining area seemed very nice. We saw some of the rooms. They were nice and clean. I knew they were going to have a restaurant setting. They had a walking area around the facility, which was nice. They had sitting areas around the building, too. It was very open, it had like a big hotel lobby with nice couches, and off to the other side was the restaurant that was open to the lobby area. So, it was kind of spacious as you walked in. It seemed they had a lot of activities. They had buses for transportation outside the facility.

May 22, 2014

I really liked Vintage Senior Living. I thought they were very nice. My sisters disagreed with me on that. She thought they were rude and condescending to the people who live there. She thought they weren't as accommodating to the elderly. Not that they were cruel, she was only talking about the front receptionist. My sister was not happy, and the whole thing is it is only less than a mile from my house, so it would have been great. They were good about calling me and keeping on checking on whether I was interested. The rooms were beautiful, but they were small, and I kept looking at where she was going to put her bed. Where the people were meeting to eat, it looked like a cafeteria.

April 10, 2014

By Tina21

The staff at Vintage Senior Living was nice. However, they only had singles, which were very small, and I was interested in one-bedrooms. They would put two singles together so they become one-bedroom, but it was awkward because you had two identical rooms, and I don't like that. Besides, when you put the two together, it was too expensive. They should build actual apartments like one-bedrooms and not put two singles together.

November 10, 2011

By Michael F.

The main thing that I remember about this facility was the quality of their food. They had a chef that cooked every client's meal by the order - and a fruit/veggie buffet where clients could enjoy a salad or fruit cup of their choosing. The inside lounge area where family could visit with their clients was also very warm and inviting. I sat with my client in here for over 1 hour and he told me how the facility staff took care of him - etc., and he had no complaints about anything whatsoever. I would most definitely recommend Vintage Senior Living to anyone in the OC area.

Questions about Sunrise Villa Bradford

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise Villa Bradford. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

At Sunrise Villa Bradford we offer purpose driven programs. We have an active population who enjoy a variety of activities. The most popular activities are music, exercise and outings. We offer entertainment four times a week and exercise everyday. Our outings vary, from attending a museum to enjoying a delicious meal at restaurant selected by our residents. Our program is resident driven. The average age at Sunrise Villa Bradford is 85 years old. Our community is a little different than the traditional Sunrise community which is known for having residents with high care levels. As a Villa, our focus is programming and we therefore attract a more active population.

What programs or activities does Sunrise Villa Bradford offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Music four times a week, exercise, brain games (Bradford Feud, Jeopardy, and Rummy), interactive sports games (golf, bowling, ladder golf, and balloon badminton), walking club, Sunshine committee which does community service projects

What places are near Sunrise Villa Bradford or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Major Shopping Center: Ross, Ralphs, Joann Fabrics, Marshalls, local banks, CVS, salons, and restaurants.

What transportation services does Sunrise Villa Bradford offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation 7 days a week. We provide transportation within a 10 mile radius to churches, doctor appointments, shopping and errands.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise Villa Bradford exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Chef has been at Bradford for 30 years! We offer a variety of options with daily specials. Breakfast may include things like: omelets, waffles, bacon & eggs, cereal, oatmeal, pancakes. Lunch & Dinner - We always have a salad bar available, soups, sandwiches, burgers and our daily specials.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise Villa Bradford offer to assisted living residents?

We have caregivers on staff 24/7. Our community has a secured gate to prevent trespassers from entering our residents patios.

How does Sunrise Villa Bradford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We offer a Town Hall and Family Night once a month. Our Executive Directors office is always open to families who need assistance.

If Sunrise Villa Bradford accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Our resident may allow their pets to roam our community on leash, or within in a gated area around their patio.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise Villa Bradford provide to protect residents who wander?

We have monthly safety meetings and quarterly drills with all managers and staff to ensure we are practicing and implementing procedures to prevent harm to residents, families and staff. Our Terrace Club also has a delayed egress system which sounds an alarm in the event of an unsafe leave and allows our staff to redirect the resident.

What programs or activities does Sunrise Villa Bradford offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Something unique about our programming in both assisted living and memory care is that our Program Coordinator meets with every resident upon move in to find things that used to or currently give them purpose and we then can craft activities on our calendar geared towards that specific residents preferences and interests if we don't already have something that they would be interested in.

Our LVN in our Terrace Club conducts an assessment on our residents every 6 months, unless there is a change in condition.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise Villa Bradford. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are in a residential area. Our Terrace Club neighborhood is in its own building adjacent to our assisted living. Our Terrace Club has its own beautiful courtyard.

Photos of Sunrise Villa Bradford