Pinole Senior Village

Reviews of Pinole Senior Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Pinole Senior Village

September 11, 2016

By Diana186545

My visit to Pinole was very good, and I was impressed with the facility. It was newer, nicely appointed, and well decorated. The people were very accommodating, very helpful, and very informative. It had smaller rooms, which I didn’t like so much, but overall it was very comfortable. It was a very pleasant place. They offered us a very low income rate, and that was the important thing. However, it was a little far.

January 29, 2016

By LP3

Pinole Senior Village was wonderful. The staff was nice. The facility was clean. I like what they offer for the senior citizens. They have shared rooms, but it is nice. The single room is what we prefer. The dining room is large, and it is cafe-like. The activities look like they’re good.

January 13, 2016

By Donna118324550

Pinole Senior Village has worked out well. My folks have only been there for a month, and they seem to be OK. The staff seems to be nice. The activities are good and include exercise classes. Also, security is good there.

December 15, 2015

By Karen117883350

We visited Pinole Senior Village. The staff we met were helpful and informative. They were undergoing renovations when we visited. It felt a little stark, but that could simply be because it didn't have things hanging on the wall, and they were redoing the carpets. The residents were well cared for. They were eating at the time we were there. It just didn't feel terribly warm or inviting, and it didn't seem like there was much in the way of activity. We were told that they watched an old movie. They also do some physical activities, exercises, and memory games, but nothing was going on when we were there. They had some private rooms and some shared rooms. They were good-sized and some looked into a courtyard. They seemed fine, acceptable, and clean. The dining area had various tables, and it felt a little cafeteria, not very warm and inviting. It's worth somebody looking at, especially after they completed renovation, but they should have more activities and more of a home-like feel, more warmth in the atmosphere and environment.

September 07, 2015

By Cynthia M.

I visited Pinole Senior Village for my sister. I was very impressed with it. It was very clean. The staff was very knowledgeable. The director of this facility was very helpful and very knowledgeable. It was really nice. The grounds were nice. The landscaping was pretty. The rooms were attractive. She showed me about three to four different rooms. I was very favorably impressed. Basically, they assisted with showing me the rooms, telling me the prices and how the various elevations go, whether it is independent living, assisted living or memory care, so I got all of that.

May 15, 2015

We really liked Pinole Senior Village; however, it was too far away from my home. The staff was great. They were very nice. I really liked the people up there. The rooms were beautiful too. I didn't see any activities at that time we were there, but they had activities. I liked that the staff was very nice and helpful, and the place was very clean.

December 26, 2014

By Larry43

I thought about moving in at Pinole Senior Village myself, in case I got that bad. The staff was very professional and courteous with nothing to hide. I mean, they showed us everything. They had a really nice outside area that was secure. They could get some time to have a little walk in the path with nice trees and flowers, and then the inside was really nice. The rooms were very nice, so it was all around nice. If I had to live in a home, this wouldn't be a bad place to live. This one was full of sunshine. Whoever built it, built it with plenty of sun to come in and nice colors. The only problem was, my mother-in-law became where she needed more than assisted living, and they don't provide that. She needs the most advanced level of care, and they don't do that. It is located literally right off the freeway, and the convenience is fine, easy parking, easy everything.

August 29, 2014

We found Pinole Senior Village for my mother-in-law. The main reason we chose this was the location. It was the closest to us. It's a larger facility and it seemed to have other services offered. They do activities like crafts, gardening and music. The staff were good. They have a very large parking lot.

July 20, 2014

By Bev M.

We chose Pinole Senior Living for my dad because of its location. It's in a place that he lived for 40 years. It is also super highly recommended by several people we know who had relatives there. They offer transportation, not just to appointments. At least three or four days a week they do outings to local events. They also do exercise classes, music programs, and art, all sorts of things. They keep the people very active. They staff were able to answer all the questions I had. He is in a pretty big shared room.

January 31, 2014

There's one in Pinole that we visited and we really like this place. It's called Pinole Senior Village. The place is very clean and nice. The people there are very friendly. They have different types of rooms, but they didn’t have any available that would fit my income and my needs. I have Parkinson's disease and a chemical sensitivity, and it's been really hard to find the right place for myself.

August 27, 2013

My sister-in-law stayed at Pinole Senior Village & Alzheimer's Special Care Unit. Everything seemed very well-run and well-taken care of. I was satisfied with the facility.

June 09, 2012

By carybear1

My brother and I toured the facility, it was very nice, clean, friendly, the thought of putting our mom in an assisted living was out of the question in my mind, but when we went to the facility it was very nice, the people were great and i can see they care about their patients. My mom will be going into a facility soon and it will break my heart, so I am glad they have these amazing places for someone in her condition, at least I know they care.

Memory Care Reviews for Pinole Senior Village

Questions about Pinole Senior Village

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Regular monthly training

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pinole Senior Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our community offers an intimate setting with only 40 or so residents ranging from 69 to 100. The small size allows for a more personalized program with lots of support and supervision.

What programs or activities does Pinole Senior Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily wellness programs that include things like exercise, arts, entertainment and outings to local destinations are just a few ways that we keep our residents engaged.

What places are near Pinole Senior Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Trader Joes, CVS, Peets, Numerous restaurantes,

What transportation services does Pinole Senior Village offer to assisted living residents?

WestCat County Tranasportation Services as well as our own scheduled services are available.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pinole Senior Village exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer all day dining options, numerous dialy menu options in addition to daily specials. You can even have your own private party catered. Room Serivce is also available if you are not feeling well or choose to dine in room.

What safety features or security measures does Pinole Senior Village offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour staffing, pendant alarms and wallguards throughout the walkways of the community. Our bathrooms have weight baring bars allaround, built in non slip cushioned benches and adjustable showerheads for you ultimate safety in the shower.

How does Pinole Senior Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Daily communication, personal notification, and updates posted throughout the community make for a well informed population.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pinole Senior Village during daytime and nighttime hours?

Varies depending on care needs

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Regular classes on health and wellness both seniors and their families Nov 14th - Healthy Holiday Entertaining Nov 16th - Sugar Alternatives from around the world and Healthy Holiday Desserts

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Varies

What safety features or security measures does Pinole Senior Village provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care is a secured care unit with enclosed/supervised patio,

LVN's on staff

Costs for Pinole Senior Village

Photos of Pinole Senior Village

Services and Amenities of Pinole Senior Village

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

About Pinole Senior Village

We are firmly committed to providing the highest level of service to our valued residents, in an atmosphere that promotes total well-being and personal fulfillment. Pinole Senior Village's Team Members are hired for their passion and trained to help provide an inspiring lifestyle, and every day show their dedication to our main objective–to positively impact the lives of our guests and their families.

Assisted Living at Pinole Senior Village provides additional personalized services and care. It's the comforts of your own private apartment, with the peace of mind of extra help with medication management, bathing, dressing and more.

Our experienced and caring staff works closely with residents and their families to achieve the highest level of health and independence.

No matter what your preference, Pinole Senior Village offers inviting options perfectly designed to help you make the most of the good life ahead.

Memory Care at Pinole Senior Village is an individualized program, catering to each resident’s specific needs and focusing on their unique skills and abilities to promote and maintain a richer, more fulfilling life.

The environment is friendly and comfortably secure, with 24-hour staffing and a dedicated Memory Care Program Director. Services include assistance with activities of daily living, routine wellness assessments, comprehensive activities and life enrichment programs, as well as, programs for family support.

Community Amenities:

• Individual care programs and medication management
  • Transportation to local doctor appointments
  • Plus fine dining, enjoyable activities, and our own van for outings!
  • Compassionate care by staff trained in dementia
  • Choice of shared or private accommodations
  • Daily activity-based care plan
  • Supportive and encouraging dining program
  • Walking paths and gardens in our enclosed courtyards
  • 24-hour security system to ensure safety of loved ones
  • Short- and long-term respite care programs

Apartment Features::

• A variety of suites overlooking beautiful Pinole Valley
  • Choose from two-room suites, private studios or companion suites
  • Beautiful wardrobe with matching nightstand and twin bed or personalize your home with your own belongings
  • Kitchenette equipped with a refrigerator and microwave
  • Roomy, wheelchair accessible bathroom with walk-in shower
  • Individually controlled heat & air
  • Personal call button pendant to ensure quick response and safety
  • Personal laundry and housekeeping

Situated in the broad, scenic bay area Pinole, California, Pinole Senior Village provides quality affordable retirement living, assisted living and memory care in a setting that's as comforting and enriching as it is convenient.

Map of Pinole Senior Village