Sunrise of Petaluma

815 Wood Sorrel Drive, Petaluma, CA 94954
Sunrise of Petaluma (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 30 days

Ask about our special savings through December 31, 2021!

Reviews of Sunrise of Petaluma

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Petaluma

August 22, 2016

By Visitor574543

I toured Sunrise of Petaluma. It was very favorable. They have a reputation among the Alzheimer’s Association. The staff member was excellent, talked with us in a lovely private dining room, gave us a wonderful overview of the program, and took us on a complete tour. We saw some activities that were beginning, like people gathering for live music.

December 29, 2015

By JP2

We visited Sunrise of Petaluma, and the staff was nice. What I liked about it was that it had a casual atmospehere. The place was very nice.

November 30, 2015

I like the atmosphere at Sunrise of Petaluma. I like the fact that they have both memory care and assisted living. I like their activities. I like everything about it.

November 29, 2015

Sunrise was a really beautiful facility. The people were very friendly. The rooms were lovely, and the place was clean.

August 31, 2015

By Kathy112674450

I did a tour at Sunrise of Petaluma for my mom. It was a nice tour. I learned a lot about the facility. Then two weeks ago, I went back for an unscheduled visit, and it was equally as lovely, clean, and nice. The first time I went, it happened to be the same weekend where it had like a family-open house weekend, so there were lots of activities and lots of visitors coming and going. When I came back for an unannounced visit, my brother and I arrived at a lunch area, so more people were in the dining area, but they had some things set up for stuff that was going to happen after lunch.

August 15, 2015

By Margaret111743350

I thought the staff was very knowledgeable at Sunrise of Petaluma. They were very helpful, and they asked a lot of very important questions, which gave me the impression that they really knew what they were talking about. They also gave me the impression that they were very caring. I thought it was very clean, and I liked the layout. It did not look very industrial. It looked very homey.

May 22, 2015

By Kathy107543450

Mom was at Sunrise of Petaluma before she died. The place was wonderful. It was a very caring and good place for her. The staff was excellent and caring. They were hands on, and they gave her hugs. They knew her name from the very start. They lovingly invite her to activities. She ended up walking with her walker, and she ate a lot. She likes the food there. It smelled good in there all the time. It was really a great place. They have a memory care section where nobody could go in or out without a staff member taking the time to come and open the door. With their activities, they have tea parties, bowling, and car rides. It was really top quality.

May 08, 2015

Sunrise of Petaluma was a little bit older. The facilities looked nice. They had a dining room, but not extensive hours. The lady that showed us around was very cordial and very nice and explained different things about the facility. She was very helpful, and she has called me back.

February 11, 2015

My sister passed away, but we were really happy with the care that she got from Sunrise of Petaluma. The people were very caring, and I am very happy we picked them. I thought it was really nice. They were very helpful and friendly.

April 09, 2014

Sunrise was just a warm atmosphere. I liked it. They assign a personal attendant to every one of the residents, and they look after that person all day and night. I'm still in my home and I'm managing very well and my health is still good. So if I have to go into a home, I will go into the same one that owns the Sunrise in Monterey, CA. My daughter is in Pacific Grove. So I would go into that one. The staff who met with us was warm and took us around and showed us everything, and then we went to lunch. We ate with the staff member who was showing us around. She was very warm, and you could tell the people love their work. I was impressed. They're just outstanding. They were very nice, warm, and welcoming to us. The rooms were very nice. I saw one that was furnished, and I thought I could live in that apartment myself. They had activities, and the people just seemed happier there, even though they were a little bit constrained because they do not let people in too much because of the flu epidemic. But it was just a different atmosphere. The people working there seemed to like what they were doing, and they were just more friendly. I like the building. It's more open, and it was built for a rest house. It's light and airy.

December 12, 2012

By deni144

Very friendly and caring staff.

August 28, 2012

By Ritz1

The facility took care of my Aunt and all her needs. They provided her with the foods, music, and television she liked. She was also provided companionship towards the end of her days. The staff was always extremely helpful with my Aunt's condition. My Aunt had Alzheimer's and would often forget who she was talking to in mid-sentence. The staff always treated her with patience and respect. I would recommend this facility to any family who has a loved one plagued with the awful disease of Alzheimer's.The staff would frequently play cards and other games with my Aunt. She loved to play bingo, and the staff provided her with a bingo night at least once a week.My Aunt wandered away from the facility one day and sent my family into a panic. The staff immediately called my family to notify us of her being lost. The staff also called the police and the police were able to locate her within an hour. We were very grateful that they were very attentive in finding her.

June 28, 2012

By hsbc87

I thought it was a very good facility, good staff, everyone was friendly. The facility was also very nice as were the people. Very helpful with the medical issues that had to be done, getting the proper medication etc. I would recommend this place to anyone else that was in need for an assisted living facility. Another thing I really liked about this place and of course wouldn't be the same for everyone was that it was very close to where I lived. It was much more convenient not to have to drive to the next town over or go through a ton of traffic for a visit and it always made my grandfather extremely happy to see us. He never complained about the facility and seemed to generally enjoy it which made me extremely happy. Overall I would give this facility a 8/10, it wasn't the fanciest but it also was much cheaper than some other options out there which is a big factor as these costs can add up quickly. Of course I would have liked to have it be a 5 star hotel but unfortunately that's just not always available. Still I am pleased with everything that they had to offer.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Petaluma

Questions about Sunrise of Petaluma

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Petaluma. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our Residents range in age from 58 to 103, they enjoy live music everyday, outings from Healdsburg down to San Francisco, professionally led classes on Art, History, Writing and Exercise to name a few.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Petaluma offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Living with Purpose Activities program

What places are near Sunrise of Petaluma or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Athletic Clubs, Shopping, Restaurants, Banking, Junior College, Parks, Train, Bus

What transportation services does Sunrise of Petaluma offer to assisted living residents?

Comfortable Bus and luxurious Town Car

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Petaluma. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Quite residential neighborhood with beautiful tree-lined streets, views of Historic Sonoma Mountain and walking distance to well-manicured parks.

Photos of Sunrise of Petaluma