Rancho Village

Reviews of Rancho Village

Independent Living Reviews for Rancho Village

October 20, 2020

By Florence

The caring staff consistently makes me feel loved and provided for. They go out of their way to connect, even in this time of isolation and pandemic. The food is good.

September 29, 2020

By Christy

Lisa, the salesperson has been patient and kind working with me for over a year to move my dad in. Dad is getting good food and feels safe living here. Everyone is so nice!

March 25, 2020

By D.W.

My tour at Rancho Village was fine. They had nice people and a wonderful facility, but my uncle chose not to go in that direction. The staff was great, they answered my queries, and there were studios and one-bedroom apartments. I saw some amenities, but did not see any activity. They had a community room, a library, a computer room, and a dining hall. I ate there, but I was not impressed with the food.

June 06, 2018

By Marilyn

Rancho Village was a very nice facility. The people were friendly. They have lots of activities. It's a great place to live, but it's a little pricey. They have a beauty shop. Every time I go over there, they're singing, and they have somebody doing activities like beanbag toss. They give them Christmas parties, they have a program on the 4th of July, they have a New Year's Eve dance and a nice dinner for them, they take them to the performing arts here in town, and they take them shopping. They just do a lot of things. They have tap classes, they have people who come in and sing, and they have a little choir and different dance groups. The staff was good. It's always very clean. When you walk in, somebody always greets you.

November 20, 2017

By Darrow

Rancho Village was for a more independent senior than someone who would need care. They didn't have progressive care. The rooms were average studios or small apartments with amenities and scheduled meals. They had staff at scheduled hours, not 24 hours. They had ample, clean facilities and dining area, and the people seemed to be satisfied. It would be satisfactory for anyone that's very independent. I met with the director and my tour guide, who was very informative. They gave me brochures. They had everything that you would expect. It was more like a resort.

May 30, 2017

By erin-p

Rancho Village seems like a very nice place, and I was very happy with it. It was clean, tidy, and people seemed busy doing activities. The rooms looked very nice and were a decent size. The bathrooms were set up to help people with frailties and walking disabilities. The doors were wide. It seemed like a very lovely place, and everyone there seemed very nice. The staff was very nice, answered all my questions, gave me their contact information, and were very open and understanding. Right before I got there, they had a lecture about health issues. There was a little van to take people somewhere. It seemed like a nice little busy hub of a place.

January 20, 2017

By Donna853841

Rancho Village was a perfect place for someone who doesn’t need a lot of care, though I know some of the people living there have their caretakers come in. It was exceptionally clean and smells clean. The staff was exceptionally friendly and nice. They had a nice dining room, workout room, and hairdresser.

November 07, 2016

By Daphney

I loved Rancho Village. It was beautiful, but it was just really expensive. The staff is very pleasant and very nice people. The building itself is nice. To me, it’s not going to work with the price, but there are some benefits that you get like transportation, and they feed you 3 meals a day in the dining room. There are always snacks out waiting for you. They have activities, and they do have trips.

September 11, 2016

By Teri344816

My dad is in Rancho Village, and it’s wonderful. The staff knows everybody by name, dad has his own apartment, and housekeeping comes in. They have laundry, they serve three meals a day, and the food is excellent. They have a selection of three different choices, lunch is their big meal, and they have salads, different beverages, and desserts. The apartments are a nice size, it has a living room, kitchenette, plus a bedroom and bathroom. It is wheelchair accessible. They have onsite hairdresser, pedicurist, and a podiatrist comes once a week if needed. They have onsite assistance 24 hours a day for help with showers. They have bus trips to different places, they have Bingo, poker nights, happy hour, and they have special dinners six times a year. They treat everybody with respect, and they invite the family to any activity.

July 21, 2016

By DK506613

Rancho Village was very good. Everything, the rooms, and the staff were excellent. The price didn’t meet my mom’s income, but everything else was good. They had a library and a lot of activities.

May 10, 2016

By Diane124478050

We moved mom to Rancho Village. It’s an incredible place, and the people are wonderful. We are very happy with it. One of the reasons why we picked it was because of the dining room. It’s bright, cheerful, and it’s own community. It’s an independent living as supposed to assisted living, but they have assisted facilities that you purchase separately; whatever care you need. It’s very personalized.

March 30, 2016

By Craig25

Rancho Village is more like an apartment than a convalescent home, has meals included in the rent, and has shuttle service to doctors and shopping. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and professional. The food was excellent and made from scratch.

February 15, 2016

By Laura119077950

We moved my mom into Rancho Village in Palmdale, but then she got sick, so now she’s in a hospital. When she leaves, she’s going to come and live with me. It was clean, friendly, and a nice place for my mom to live for two months. They’re helpful and very friendly.

November 08, 2015

Last night was the first night of my mother at Rancho Village. Part of the reason we selected it is that I got a younger brother who is 15 minutes away, and the price is much more favorably than some of the other places we looked at. The staff is great. The reason I didn't give it a 5 is that we visited facilities that had more programs, such as arts, and even some had a swimming pooll. Rancho Village doesn't have them. Otherwise, we are very pleased with them.

June 15, 2015

We were invited for lunch at Rancho Village. The apartments were beautiful. You can get a large one-bedroom for the same price as you get a studio in assisted living. There were a lot of amenities. They had a beautiful dining room, and the food was very good. It's a very nice place. If you're able to travel, you can stay in any of their places across the country on vacation for free. They have a day for shopping, they provide once a week cleaning of the apartments, and they have cards, poker, and bingo.

April 24, 2015

By Marge9

They didn't give as much care at Rancho Village; it was more independent living. The rooms were fine. There were games, and they took them places. Eating there was only for an hour for lunch and then an hour for dinner, and they didn't have as much of a variety of food.

February 28, 2014

By Carol79323550

Rancho Village was beautiful. I was really impressed with it. However, my dad didn't like Palmdale. He didn't like the weather there. I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't want to even to choose that one because it would have been great. It is right around the corner from where I live. I could have gone and have dinner with him there. I like the décor; it was really pretty. It didn't look like an old folk's home at all. It looked like a nice resort or a nice hotel. In terms of living accommodations, residents there are allowed to decorate their own apartment the way they want to. A lot of people have stuff outside the door, e.g., statues, nametags, etc. They are allowed to put their own stamp on their place, which was nice too. It was totally personalized. There was a guy there and you could tell that he's a fisherman because he had all sorts of fishing gears on his door and everything. It was just really cute. The girl that showed me around, she was really good. She followed up all the time too not just because she wanted to sell the place. She took her interest with me and what was going with us. I mean she called me weekly. I had surgery over the holiday and she even sent me a card to see how I was doing. As far as the staff there, everybody was really friendly and really accommodating. I was impressed with them. They would keep their residents busy; they had a lot of activities for them. They had transportation. They would take them to the doctor or take them outdoors and have field trips. They did have a whole calendar of stuff that they would do daily. It looked like the residents were happy and content. Everybody was out there socializing, playing cards and doing all sorts of fun stuff. If you wanted to joint or if you don't want to join, that's fine. They don't pressure their residents into doing anything. If they want to stay in their apartment all day and just watch TV, that's fine. I was concerned with that because my dad is used to being by himself. He is not a social butterfly. He likes people but he is not one to join up all kinds of clubs and groups.

July 24, 2013

By Charlotte10

Rancho village was nice, friendly and homey. I liked the way it was and what they were doing. It had a nice dining room. Sometimes they have entertainment and all kinds of good things going on.

Costs for Rancho Village

Photos of Rancho Village

Services and Amenities of Rancho Village

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered, Private

• Technology Extra: Business Center, Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Rancho Village

Rancho Village is located in Palmdale, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Rancho Village for a visit...and stay!

*We understand that each individual is unique and that needs may change over time. Rancho Village does not provide any health care services. However, residents are welcome to receive services from any outside home health care provider of their choice to help them continue enjoying life at our community.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Rancho Village