Citrus Hills Senior Living

Reviews of Citrus Hills Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Citrus Hills Senior Living

July 31, 2015

By Darlyn2

I was not impressed with Brookdale Orange. The parking was terrible, if you can find where to park as it was behind the station of some kind of a place. The facility itself was in a nice location, but we weren’t impressed with it. The staff seemed fine. They only had a shared room at the time; it appeared spacious and clean.

July 21, 2015

By Bluegrass

Brookdale Orange had a flat studio, which I didn’t care for. I have called for a visit, and when I got there, nobody seemed to know about it. The lady that I spoke with was being transferred to another facility. I found out that the facility was being sold to another company. They had a meeting going on the conference type rooms. I saw two rooms there with the one having a full bath and other one has a half bath. The patios areas that they had on the first floor were small.

February 09, 2015

I also visited a couple of facilities -- one in Orange and one in Garden Grove -- and they were really run down and not in good shape at all. You can really tell the difference. The Brookdale Orange is the worst of the two. The facility was really run down, and there were no activities going on. The woman who ran it was very religious, and she talked to me about it. It really bothered me because you should do that in a professional sort of way. The rooms are very dingy and nothing extraordinary at all. What stood out to me is how run down the facility is.

January 29, 2015

My mom is at Brookdale, and we are there until October when I'll bring her to my house. They are absolutely awesome, and the people are wonderful. We had a lot of problems when we first came in, and they came to our aid. Everybody is really great except the food situation. The food over there is horrible. She nearly starved to death. If I had been served the chicken they served my mom, I would have thrown it out. Nobody in that room was going to be able to eat it. The food situation and the people who were working there were awful. About the sanitation, it's good and clean. They desperately need some new carpet and stuff, but it's not that bad. But as far as the administration people, they are awesome while the maintenance people will bend over backwards to fix everything. But the food thing is really crazy. I think it's an important issue for older people.

July 19, 2014

By Tom83180450

We went to Emeritus at Orange. It felt a little different from the other places we visited. The setting was kind of older, and it felt more like a hospital setting. I thought it was the layout of the building, and it doesn't seem up to date like the other facilities. The rooms were smaller. There was nothing much in front of the facility. I just noticed a few benches to sit on. There wasn't much space to walk around in, or do anything outside. The people were very nice, though. The gal who helped us was a very sweet lady, and I really liked that she had a heart for that. They do have pictures and stuff around that made it nice. I thought they had a few things going on there. They had craft activities going on in certain areas. I knew they were going to have some kind of exercise activity later on because they invited my uncle if he wanted to join them. It seemed like the people were happy there.

March 28, 2014

By Ann43

Emeritus at Orange was a small facility and it was old. I guess I would describe it as more depressing, but it was clean. The staff was nice. I talked to one resident there and she was very happy there.

February 28, 2014

Emeritus was a little more on the humble side and it's kind of old. The carpet in the hallway could be replaced. The staff is very nice. The residents are very nice. The activities are the same, like bingo, cards, exercise classes, they go for walks, and movie nights.

January 21, 2014

By Georgette1

Summerville (Emeritus) was very clean and the people were friendly and active. The place was well-organized. The staff was very nice and Linda was superb.

October 28, 2013

Emeritus was old and outdated. It was its location and the upkeep that were definitely an issue for us. The rooms were really small and very outdated. However, the staff was excellent.

September 23, 2013

By Meredith1

We visited Emeritus at Orange and I liked it. Everything was great it was 110%. The price was right for what it was. However, my mom didn't like it because the room was kind of small.

June 14, 2012

By commercesd

While driving through the region to visit friends, we decided to stop in and visit Emeritus at Orange, since we were looking for an assisted living facility where my cousin's mother could live. We were impressed that they could accommodate our last-minute visit. The area is convenient for the family and my aunt, who has many friends in the area. The main area seemed clean and well tended. They had many things to do like read from a great collection of books, play games and enjoy visitors from around the community. The food looked very appetizing. There are places for residents to visit with families, as well. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage resident to make suggestions. Private living spaces were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes. The exercise center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards. The outside events calendar featured many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents. They have outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and even athletic activities. They take suggestions to update the schedule as much as possible. Staff appeared to make every effort to ensure that the residents were both safe and comfortable in this living environment.

Costs for Citrus Hills Senior Living

Photos of Citrus Hills Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Citrus Hills Senior Living

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Features Extra: Library

• Pets: Yes

About Citrus Hills Senior Living

For those residents needing an extra helping hand with their activities of daily living, our Assisted Living CareGivers provide both full and partial assisted living services. We provide assistance with activities of daily living and the coordination of services by outside healthcare providers to help to ensure the health, safety, and well-being.

Our focus is on individual wellness, and we encourage continued independence with a tailored plan of assistance, provided by our well-trained team members who are available around the clock, 24-hours a day. We are at your service!

Our community offers a range of lifestyle options so you can live the way you want to live. Our active seniors get to enjoy a large variety of personalized services and exquisitely tailored amenities. We know you’ll feel right at home. And even better than that, we provide all the benefits of being in your own home, but we remove all the worry of maintenance, chores, and cooking.

In addition to generous personal space, we provide you with dining rooms, a resident tended the garden, libraries, a scenic walking path, full-service beauty & barber salon, computer room with internet access, live exercise, and more. At our active living community, there truly is something for everyone!

Citrus Hills Assisted Living provides a great value with our apartments, including an abundance of amenities and a large range of customized services. We offer spacious studios for our residents. The residents and staff are extremely friendly, too — the only thing missing is you!

Citrus Hills Assisted Living offers the following:

• Luxury transportation services
  • Exercise programs
  • Library (includes computer with internet access)
  • Beauty & Barber shop
  • Emergency Response System
  • Concierge and qualified caregiver help 24 hours a day
  • Nurse on-call 24 hours a day
  • Housekeeping services
  • Social programs, outings, and frequent special events and parties
  • Cable TV service for every apartment
  • WiFi in the building

We have restaurant-style dining here — meaning foods are made to order and prepared just the way you desire. A waiter will take your order and serve you.

Map of Citrus Hills Senior Living