Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

Reviews of Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

Assisted Living Reviews for Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

June 28, 2016

By Richard836608

Merrill Gardens at Oceanside was really good. They showed me the individual rooms. They had an Alzheimer's unit in the back which I didn't tour. They had all kinds of activities like day trips where they go out and have lunch. The dining area was pretty nice. They were upgrading the area, and it looked like it's going to be nice. The place was very clean, and the girl who gave me the tour was very helpful and professional. It was in a very busy area.
Thank you for sharing feedback regarding your experience at Merrill Gardens at Oceanside. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit!

September 15, 2015

By pitakaty

We were quoted a price for my wife to become a resident, but became on the waiting list because she required a brief hospitalization. About six weeks after making a deposit to Merrill Gardens, she was ready to move there. The price had suddenly increased by roughly $600/month. The staff had nothing to do with this almost 20% increase, the Owners of the facility determine just how much that they can squeeze from elderly residents! It's ALL about money.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience. We would be glad to speak with you further to help resolve your concerns. Please email me directly at jeris@merrillgardens.com and we can set up a time to speak one on one. I look forward to hearing from you. - Jeri Shields, Vice President of Operations

August 22, 2015

Everything about Merrill Gardens was great. The people were great and informative, the food was very good, there were lots of activities, and everything was maintained well. People seemed very caring and interactive, and it seemed they had a lot of activities going and doing things. I think on that particular day, they had a bus going to some unique ice cream place. The rooms seemed fine, and everything was clean. The only downside to this place was there were no stoves. They had fridges and microwaves, but no stoves.

Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience at Merrill Gardens. We are so happy to hear that our team members were informative and caring. Please contact us directly with any future feedback or needs.

June 15, 2015

By Chris104970750

We went to Merrill Gardens. The staff was very nice. They were patient. The tenants seemed to really love the people that were taking care of things, and they seemed to be happy. The location was great because it was close to shopping areas, restaurants, and grocery stores. We had lunch there, and the food was very good.

We appreciate you taking the time to give us this feedback. We are so happy to hear about your experience with our team, the location and the food. You are always welcome to contact us directly if you have any questions.

April 30, 2015

By carolyn5012

The other one that we liked recently was Merrill Gardens. I liked the friendly attitude of the people at the front desk. I remember that they had a bulletin board display where they were honoring the veterans who live there, which would include my husband. There isn't anything that really stood out in particular; it just all kind of blended all together after a while. They were very pleasant.

Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback. We are happy to hear that you saw our display honoring veterans. Please reach out to us directly if we can answer any questions or be of assistance!

January 17, 2015

Merrill Gardens at Oceanside is the one I visited that I didn't like. To me it was a little more of a nursing home than a retirement community. It was really old. The dining room was particularly attractive. But I just didn't care, and none of us liked it. That's where we had lunch. There was really nothing wrong with the lunch, but I would never go there. They showed us one room that is very neat and nice but extremely small. They said that everything was just like that. The other rooms were the same. The rooms are very small and old.

September 12, 2014

By Gudrun4743

The accommodation at Merrill Gardens is very nice, very good, and comparatively reasonable. Most of the staff I met is very nice and very accommodating. They have 3 meals. I like the restaurant-style place. The food place is open all day. You can choose your own time when you want to eat. That’s very nice, rather than being limited to just a special hour a day for lunch or a special hour a day for breakfast. They’re open from 7:00am to 7:00pm, like a restaurant. They have exercise, bingo, a card club, and trips outside. It’s not perfect, but I really like it here.

February 28, 2014

By Ken17

I like the place. Overall, it's a positive experience. It's nice, clean, and they have good people.

November 06, 2013

By parentson

Our parents moved to Pacific Place several months ago. The decision to move them from living independently in their own home to assisted living was a difficult one to make but the experienced staff at Pacific Place made the transition smooth and pleasant. Ou parents are very happy in their new home. At this time in ther lives personal relationships are very important. Since moving to Pacific Place their quality of life has improved. They have made new friends with both the staff and other residents. All the staff from the - maintenance crew, dining room staff and management - know our parents and call them by their name. We checked several other facilities before making our decision and found Pacific Place to be the best value for the money. We are still very happy with our decision. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone.

October 30, 2013

By Marcelle1

The visit at Pacific Place was very good. We had a nice tour and once again the woman that we talked to called me a couple of times just to see how things are going. We were very impressive with their facility. We probably would not choose them only because of their memory facility is in a separate building. My mother would not be able to keep her cat because of their setup and having her pet with her is very important.

July 04, 2013

By RCFE

High turnover. Expensive $6,000.00 per month. Had to pay for assistance services (showers) even when they did not perform them. Paying for 3 showers per week and some months only had one or two per week. Eleven incidents requiring reports to licensing agency...falls, head injuries, bruises, etc. Failed to send medical information to hospital as required in emergency. Failed to send Do Not Resuscitate order, which ended up requiring hospital to resuscitate and over $200,000 in medical bills laying in a coma until death. One trip to ER doctor would not release him back due to suspicious bruising and repeated visits to ER. they promised to increase his care and move him to a different room. They moved him to the new room 6 months and many more injuries later. Property was stolen from his room. Paint on walls peeling off, drapes dangling from rods, stains on carpets and had to go down the hall to a bathroom. Understaffed. Untrained employees. etc.etc.etc. Merrill Gardens had no comment or response to complaints. Did not inform family of problems. The worst possible place to send a relative. Merrill Gardens just sold many of their facilities. Maybe things will improve.

July 28, 2012

By demstace

My grandmother stayed at Pacific Place the last few years of her life. All in all i think it was a pretty good place. Bathrooms were always clean, rooms were heated and air conditioned. They had pretty good food for a retirement home, never cold. I would eat with my grandma and her friends there once a week. And somehow every night i would go it would be sweet potato and lamb... yuck. My grandma thought it was my favorite haha. Holidays were good they had big dinners. But there was one thing, management was never the same, always new rules and regulations, and different staff. I remember one time i walked into my grandmothers room and there was ma-gets on the counter. I asked her how they got there and she said no one had to came to clean in a week. But of course when i talked to them they said they had. It also seemed like there prices changed alot but i wasn't in charge of that so i don't really know. My grandma made tons of friends so i think that helped with the poor management. Its a beautiful place they have alot of activities i just think they should be allowed outside more like taken on walks and such.

Independent Living Reviews for Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

July 06, 2014

Merrill Gardens at Pacific Place seemed to meet my needs better than many of the ones I saw. I am on the waiting list because it is my first choice; I am not ready to move right now. The main thing that made a difference to me was the way it was laid out so that all of the things that were essential to the heart of the whole thing were centrally located, and these are where the activities were, where the dining room was, so you didn't have to walk too far. The facility seemed well kept and nice. It just appealed to me. They showed me where the rec room was, where the TV room was, and where the chapel was. And, when I went through, the ladies were doing floral designing. The layout of all its departments, the living facilities, would fit with me, the convenience of the whole thing, and that is my need. So from that standpoint, I'd give it a high rating because it seemed to meet the needs that I have. I met one lady at reception, and she was very nice. The lady who was my guide through the facility was very friendly and very nice, and we had a good rapport.

November 26, 2012

By Teamo

I was very impressed with the atmosphere and feeling of the patients and care givers. The cost is a flat fee, so no extra cost for extra care. They also have a retirement side and they have some activities together. I feel my husband will be relatively happy there.

Photos of Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

• Spanish
  • Tagalog
  • Vietnamese

About Merrill Gardens at Oceanside

Merrill Gardens at Oceanside, a Merrill Gardens Community, is located in Oceanside. Our senior living community includes independent living and assisted living apartments, as well as Alzheimer's care. Merrill Gardens at Oceanside offers quality senior housing in California -- one that provides all of the amenities of a home without the work. Imagine a life without household chores, yard work or home maintenance.

Merrill Gardens at Oceanside's Location

- Close to medical services, shopping and restaurants - Outdoor walking paths and garden areas - Landscaped grounds

Services

- Independent living, assisted living, and Alzheimer's care - 24-hour staff - Anytime-dining - Weekly housekeeping - Full activity program - Scheduled transportation - Onsite maintenance

- Library, living areas and social meeting areas - Private dining room available for special events - Salon and barbershop - Resident and guest parking - Small pets welcome - Resident call system in every apartment

Essentials

- Month-to-month rental, no buy-in required - Centrally located laundry rooms - Total apartments: 144

Map of Merrill Gardens at Oceanside