Redwood Retirement Residence

Reviews of Redwood Retirement Residence

Independent Living Reviews for Redwood Retirement Residence

October 21, 2020

By Kathy

The staff at Redwood Retirement Residence was very nice, and they still call me with no pressure. They had art, little baseball toss, and they had a library and plenty of books upstairs.

January 15, 2020

By M.N.

My brother moved to Redwood Retirement Residence and so far everything is going well. The staff is very caring, compassionate, understanding and kind. They have different apartments depending on what kind you get. Their amenities are great, there are 3 bicycles on the 2nd floor that he utilizes, they have movie nights, and ice cream socials. They also have entertainment in the lobby on certain nights, so they will have people come in to play, perform, or dance. The surrounding area is great, Target and Whole Foods are down the street, Walgreens is there, everything is close by. I like the setup of the place itself. It's open, and the lobby goes up so you could see the 3rd and 2nd floors from the lobby. They have a lot of different activities, and sometimes they have a special activity where they'll go out to dinner or lunch somewhere. They have games, crafts, someone will come in and do exercise with the residents on the second floor if they want to join on that, they have bingo and puzzles. They also have a religious chapel on Sundays at 2:00. I'm very pleased.

August 24, 2019

By Susan

Redwood Retirement Residence was lovely, but my friend does not feel ready for that level of habitation. Everything was great. The facility was nice and clean. The chef was wonderful. The staff members were great, friendly, and went out of their way to meet us. It was all good. There was a washer and dryer, an elevator, they had activities, socials, meals, a movie night, and happy hours.

July 15, 2019

By Gagen

Redwood Retirement Residence was nice. I liked the facility and the dining area, and everybody seemed nice, but it's strictly independent living with no option for assisted living. The rooms and the staff seemed adequate. They had lots of bingo, get-togethers, movies, and games.

January 25, 2019

By Harold

Redwood Retirement Residence was attractive on the hillside but not convenient unless you have transportation. It was not within walking or biking distance to any shopping. The staff was very nice. He did a good follow-through because he took a photograph of me and the person who accompanied me. He sent the photographs to both of us and also made follow-up calls. He was quite accurate and well-equipped. The activities that they offered were average. They're similar to other places but nothing remarkable. However, the price was out of my range. It was the most expensive of the three or four places I visited. The location and the price were the two major negatives for me.

Hi Harold, thank you for taking the time to review our community. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience visiting us and that you got the opportunity to interact with our wonderful staff. We have some great monthly and seasonal specials so please keep in contact with our sales leaders for the community if you are interested in becoming a resident. Thank you for your feedback!

July 30, 2018

By John

Redwood Retirement Residence is a very nice community. The people there are very friendly and attentive, and I thought it was a nice and classy place. I saw their dining area and had a nice conversation with their chef.

February 27, 2018

By Reviewer

Redwood Retirement was nice. The staff was very nice and pleasant. It was an older building, but it was well kept and clean. They had a salon.

July 17, 2017

By Susan

The rooms at Redwood Retirement Residence were small, but nice and clean. The dining area was nice, and everybody there seemed happy. It had a little outdoor courtyard. The place was very clean. Everybody seemed really nice, and it was one of the places I would have chosen.

January 06, 2017

By Dennis205874

I thought Redwood was a good, nice, and clean place but a little overpriced. The rooms were clean, well done, and had easy access.

December 30, 2016

By Mary167410

I moved into Redwood Retirement with some of my furniture. My ex-husband lived here until he passed away. It’s more than what I really need. The staff is confident as far as I can tell, very helpful, and try to do the best they can. I have a one-bedroom apartment, a bathroom, a little kitchenette, and a living room. It has a little outside porch where I get some fresh air. The dining area is adequate, and the food is good. The service is sometimes terrible, but it’s because they are so understaffed. Sometimes two girls take care of the whole crowd, and that is very unfair to them.

November 29, 2016

By Tom207278

Redwood was very good. We had a good time there. The people there -- not just the employees but also the people who live there -- were very engaging. We did have a meal there, and it was excellent. They had an activity going on where they threw beanbags, and they really got engaged there. I think this place was a very average price. It felt very nice there. The property felt like you were at a resort. The rooms were very good. They were colorful and furnished nicely. They were handicapped friendly too.

November 28, 2016

By James453005

The fellow who did the tour of Redwood Retirement Residence was very professional and quite good. He understood our issues, and he was very personable and easy to talk to. It's a nice-looking little place, and the grounds were well-kept. It was quite an attractive place.

August 05, 2015

My mom is in Redwood Retirement Residence. The staff is very nice, and the place looks clean. They have activities, housekeeping, and some of the other things that she needs. She has a two-bedroom unit with a living room, a bedroom, a little kitchenette, and a bathroom. She goes to a movie night the other night, and she enjoys it. They have movie nights quite often there. The food is fine. They have a hair salon there that she is going to use today.

July 31, 2015

By Mike111056750

Redwood Retirement Residences was upgrading things. It was in a nice neighborhood. It was pretty clean and in a middle class kind of neighborhood. We had a meal there, and the food was 3 out of 5. There were some options for activities. One thing they needed to do was improve their exterior. Their garden area just seemed like a big parking lot.

January 25, 2015

I wouldn’t consider Redwood Retirement. It is poorly maintained, the apartments were very shabby, and the food was terrible. It was almost as expensive to the facility I am in right now and didn’t have any of the amenities at all. They must have building and ground maintenance; it was dirty, and it was not well-cared for at all. The people that I met were very pleasant; it's just the place that I didn’t want to be.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office in Oregon. First, thank you for your sincere feedback. Our communities are more than buildings or businesses, they're our residents homes, so if their cleanliness is not up to par, we at Home Office definitely want to know details. Can you please call our Resident Relations line to share more about your experience? They can be reached at 1-800-370-8331. Thank you,

January 09, 2015

By Laura49

Redwood Retirement is nicely located. They can walk across the street to a very nice market. After the earthquake, it has huge cracks on the wall. My friend who used to stay there said that she had bed bugs in her room. They paid for an exterminator, and that doesn't strike me as clean. She was happy before she found out about the beg bugs. She didn't care for the food that much. She also said that people don't like the activities. It was more comfortable for her to sit in her room reading and have her friends visit. I know all of the staff, and I think they are very friendly.

Hi Laura, First, thank you for your sincere feedback. I'm Katie - I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office in Lake Oswego, Oregon. I'm very sorry that your friend had a negative experience at Redwood Retirement. I would certainly hope that her experience with bedbugs was an isolated incident, but, if you know of anyone who had a similar experience at Redwood, or have noticed any other cleanliness concerns, please call Home Office directly at 1-800-370-8331. My most sincere apologies once again.

December 12, 2014

My mother is at Redwood. It is excellent. My mother has been there for three years, and it is a very good place. She is really content there. It is secure. The people are nice. I like it. I haven't tried eating there, but I think the food is fine according to my mom. The activities are good. They have a really wonderful social director. She isn't there all the time. My mother would like it if she was there everyday, but when she is there, things are really good. Security and safety seems good.

December 07, 2014

By Kristin3

We settled on Redwood Retirement Residence, and it’s working out well. My mom has been there sinceJuly, the community is very friendly, and it’s in a wonderful location in downtown Napa. It’s actually pretty convenient. The rooms are a little bit small if you have a studio, so it’s not like you expect a lot. When somebody is in a studio, you’d expect them to have a big closet, so I would say the closet is the problem. The bathroom is large, and because of the earthquake they are doing a whole remodel. She is happy there. The community really bonded together; it was great. They bonded together and help each other through it, and they kept cooking the whole time and feeding everybody. My mom said they had a wonderful beef stew that night for dinner, and she was impressed that they were able to pull it all off. The staff is super nice; my mom actually has had some health issues, and they help me like checking the room making sure she is OK. They have been super helpful and supportive, and they are going to keep an eye on my mom. We also liked it here because this company owns 300 other residences, and she can travel to any of them for free and eat there for free which is kind of a nice little perk if you are on the younger end. They go on trips to wineries and places to San Francisco and stuff like that.

November 05, 2014

By David1026

Last year we checked out Redwood. It was nice, and they had a nice facility. The place is excellent. It is by a shopping center. The rooms were very nice; it’s a 1200 square feet.

July 22, 2014

By Sandy35

Redwood Retirement was friendly, and the people were actively busy. The lunch was delicious. The staff, Carol, was very patient and very sweet. I liked the facility, but it was beyond our reach.

July 22, 2014

We put my mom in Redwood Retirement Residence three months ago. The place is really nice and clean. It's also in a good location, and my mom is enjoying there. She gets out and about in the facility. They also have very exceptional staff.

April 12, 2014

The people who are living at Redwood Retirement are very friendly, which is a nice thing. The staff has been very nice to keep in touch. I had a couple of meals there, and that was very well-prepared. The accommodations were nice too. They completely redo the rooms when someone new comes in, which is certainly a good thing. I was able to read the list of activities, and they seemed to have good activities.

August 20, 2013

By LHawker

Following visits to 5 Independent and Assisted Care facilities, my mother ended up selecting the Redwood Retirement Community in Napa, CA. She is making the transition from a sister community in Auburn, CA, The Oaks of Auburn, which is identical in every way to her new home. The managers and sales representatives are helpful and delighted to help my mom make a positive transition to live in our home community.

July 06, 2012

By DPR

The food at Redwood Retirement for most of the last year has been atrocious. Meals were not prepared well and fresh ingredients were not always used. A new chef has been hired recently and food service has improved significantly. There are plenty of activities hosted by the staff, including Bingo and exercise. The activities director, in my opinion, does a very good job keeping residents active and entertained. They have a hairdresser and manicurist/pedicurist on staff. New managers have been hired no less than 3 times over the last year. Why they have left or been let go is a mystery to me. The building and landscaping are quite attractive. There is a very nice shaded walking path around the building and a sitting area in front adjacent to a large fountain. My grandmother pays close over $2500 per month, which is more than double what a medium-high quality apartment in town would cost. She has also commented on the poor health of many residents, complaining that Redwood Retirement seems to be becoming more of an assisted-living facility than a retirement community for autonomous individuals. As such she intends to move out shortly.

Questions about Redwood Retirement Residence

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Redwood Retirement Residence. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

What transportation services does Redwood Retirement Residence offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Redwood Retirement Residence exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

What safety features or security measures does Redwood Retirement Residence offer to independent living residents?

If Redwood Retirement Residence accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Does Redwood Retirement Residence work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Redwood Retirement Residence

Photos of Redwood Retirement Residence

Services and Amenities of Redwood Retirement Residence

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Redwood Retirement Residence

Redwood Retirement Residence is located in Napa, CA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Redwood Retirement Residence for a visit...and stay!

Map of Redwood Retirement Residence