Redwood Villa Retirement Residence
Offers Independent Living
Reviews of Redwood Villa Retirement Residence
Independent Living Reviews for Redwood Villa Retirement Residence
August 14, 2021
I am/was a resident of this facility
April 19, 2019
I visited this facility
November 29, 2016
I visited this facility
November 07, 2016
I visited this facility
May 10, 2016
I am a friend or relative of a resident
Questions about Redwood Villa Retirement Residence
Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Redwood Villa Retirement Residence. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?
Redwood Villa is a home for a rich, full, independent retirement lifestyle, where residents are treated like family, with sensitive, caring and quality services in an environment. Many of our residents are active, social and enjoy the company of others, while living in a comfortable apartment with a wide selection of amenities and activities, and exceptional service delivered by a thoughtful and caring staff.
What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?
Our facility is located in a residential neighborhood, where it is safe for anyone to walk around anytime of the day. There are a plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, and the Mountain View Community Center is only less than a mile away. The nearby Shoreline is a 750-acre wildlife and recreation area with its beautiful setting by the San Francisco Bay and has gorgeous views of the mountains to the west and east across the bay.
What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Redwood Villa Retirement Residence has organized?
Before the COVID-19 pandemic, our activity director used to take our residents to local restaurants, museums, theaters, parks, shopping malls, and so on.
What transportation services does Redwood Villa Retirement Residence offer to independent living residents?
We offer two options. The first option is free. On Tuesdays we go to doctors and shops in Mountain View-Los Altos area. Tuesday afternoons we go to Safeway for grocery shopping. On Thursday we go to doctors and shops in Palo Alto area. The second option is our small van that you can reserve at the office on Monday, Wednesday, Friday for a per mile charge.
What safety features or security measures does Redwood Villa Retirement Residence offer to independent living residents?
We have 24-7 staff on site. The doors are locked at 9 pm, and anyone who needs to access the building has to check in with our night attendant. Each unit is equipped with two pull cords; one in the bathroom and the other in the bedroom. When a resident pulls a cord, it will notify the office and the office personnel will respond accordingly.
If Redwood Villa Retirement Residence accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?
We accept cats only.
Costs for Redwood Villa Retirement Residence
Cost of Independent Living
Services and Amenities of Redwood Villa Retirement Residence
- Entry Fee
- Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1000
- Independent Living Starting At: $3700/month
Room and housing options
- 1-bedroom apartments
- Companion Suites: Yes
- Housing Extra: Deluxe 1 Bedrooms
- Resident Capacity: 81
- Pets: Cats Only
About Redwood Villa Retirement Residence
Redwood Villa is family owned and managed — and family-oriented. Our family has been providing quality services to seniors for more than 60 years. With this experience, we have gained a deep insight to the needs, wants, interests, and desires of retired individuals. Today, Redwood Villa is the culmination of our experience and success — a facility that provides complete and ideal accommodations for a comfortable, enjoyable retirement with dignity and security.
Services & Amenities:
When you enter Redwood Villa, you have opened the door to a special experience in retirement living. Redwood Villa combines attractive, comfortable apartments, a wide selection of amenities and activities, and exceptional service delivered by a thoughtful and caring staff.
- Studio, One Bedroom, or Deluxe One bedroom to choose from
- Kitchenette in every apartment, including a refrigerator and two burner stove
- Patio or Balcony for each apartment
- Climate control
- Smoke detectors and fire sprinklers in each apartment for your safety
- Oversized closets for maximum comfort and storage
- Light housekeeping once per week includes: changing linens, dusting, cleaning floors, and bathroom.
Our dining room is open for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, seven days a week. Each meal is served for an hour and a half. Residents are free to come and go during those times. They may sit and relax in our comfortable dining room and enjoy restaurant style service.
- Three well-balanced meals served seven days a week
- Comfortable atmosphere with seating for over 100 people
- Restaurant style dining and service
- A wide variety of choices on each of our Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner menus
- Daily lunch specials along with our regular daily menu
- Two dinner specials offered each day along with the great choices on our standing menu
- Our kitchen cooks all meals with our residents' health in mind
We do provide area transportation in either our spacious fifteen passenger bus or our smaller seven passenger van. We encourage residents to make their doctor appointments during the times the bus will be in the scheduled areas.
At Redwood Villa, every day is your day. You can relax in your apartment, on your private patio, or enjoy one of the many activities we have on our grounds.
- Library, with an array of magazines, books, and newspapers
- A resident computer with internet access
- Media room with a 63” cable TV, DVD, surround sound and comfortable seating
- Coffee and tea bar with cozy seating near our grand see through fireplace
- Billiard room
- Party suite with 5 large tables and seating for 25 for your use
- Club room
- Exercise room featuring stationary bikes, treadmills, free weights and other equipment
- Indoor heated Jacuzzi
- Separate men’s and woman’s saunas
- Full-size outdoor swimming pool: seasonally heated
- Beautifully landscaped grounds and courtyard with outdoor benches and patio seating for your enjoyment
- Artificial turf putting green
- Shuffle board
- Bocce Ball Court
What Makes Us Special
Redwood Villa is a special place… a reflection of our unwavering commitment to creating the ideal residence for those seniors who do not choose to live alone and seek the perfect combination of independent living, the company of others, and a wide variety of exceptional services and activities keyed to their needs and interests.Get Costs