Irvine Cottages 10

Reviews of Irvine Cottages 10

Assisted Living Reviews for Irvine Cottages 10

January 07, 2016

By The Hiebert Family

When my father-in-law became wheelchair bound and incontinent, my wife and I needed to find a good new home quickly for him since we both work full time and are busy raising 3 school age children. We were so fortunate to find such a great home with great caretakers and fellow residents. He is happier than he was when he was in his own home and now has his diabetes under control since he has delicious healthy meals. They have regular activities that keep the residents minds active. He loves sitting outdoors in the beautiful backyard and it is a great place to visit with him. We are always welcome to stop by anytime to visit, which we do often and find the care exceptional. .

January 05, 2016

By Karen Magnus

It was a hard decision to put my Mom in assisted living but after taking care of her for over a year I realized that I was not equipped to do so. Cottage 10 is the perfect place for my Mom. Jeany and Nap are very warm and caring. She is happy and content and participates in all the activities provided. There is an activity every day that the residents can participate in. Jeany and Nap are very attentive to all the residents. I feel very comfortable and blessed to have them caring for my Mom.

Dear Karen, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We will thank all the staff at cottage 10! They are just like you said, so kind and attentive! You are so kind to be so appreciative :) Hugs- Jacqueline

July 12, 2015

By Elizabeth Petrillo

I had a tour with Irvine Cottage for near future thought for my mom. I just want to prepare myself and be ready for my mom and it's very important to me that she will be in a good and loving caring home who meets our needs for my mom... My mom is 79 year old very alert and like to keep busy with different activities through out the day or week... When I visited Irvine Cottage 10, I was most impressed with number of activities that they have scheduled each week. when we walked in for the tour, they were right in the middle of a game of bingo. I like that everybody participated in the game, even the caregivers were near them helping and cheering them on. and they showed me a list of all scheduled activities through out the week from Harpist, pianist who sings, holiday theme related crafts, painting, massage, reading or just going for a walk with a caregiver, i know my mom will love that...ALL these activities will stimulate their brain and circulate their blood flow to the body...its all good I am so excited!! I can't stop talking...and not to mention the caregivers who warmly welcomed us with smile. And my mom loves home cooked meals and she likes most all cuisine so we loved it when they told us that their Dietitian prepares the special menu and thee menu changes every month...how great is this! WOW! I can't stop talking about it...truly, I have toured other facilities like this but Irvine Cottage by far is the BEST CHOICE for my mom...and not to mention the beautiful spacious back yard with gazebo and patio to sit outside to enjoy the sun and they even BBQ outside with the Residents...IRVINE COTTAGES IS MUST SEE!!!

Thank You so much for your kind review! We really try our best to invest in quality activties! Currently we have live music three days a week, a chaplain once a week, iPod head phone program-massage therapy 2 times a month, art therapy weekly, and many other daily activties as you observed! Our residents deserve it all and so much more!! Thank you again!! Best- Jacque

Costs for Irvine Cottages 10

Photos of Irvine Cottages 10

Services and Amenities of Irvine Cottages 10

• About Irvine Cottages 10

Welcome to Irvine Cottages

Compassionate Assisted Living in a Cottage Setting & Exceptional Care

About us

Irvine Cottages is dedicated to providing compassionate and loving care to all of our residents. We offer memory care well above expected standards to provide families with peace of mind and to give our residents the highest quality of life.

We Specialize In:

• Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease and Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI)
    • Parkinson's Disease, Lewy Body Dementia
    • Diabetes/Nephrology
    • Hospice Care, including continuous care and a dedicated hospice program with one on-site hospice team

What Sets Irvine Cottages Apart?

There are many choices for a family to consider when looking for assisted living, and especially memory care. Irvine Cottages is a strong supporter of the idea, "Smaller is better." We believe that the intimacy we offer, along with the consistency of staffing in a small environment (no more than six residents maximum), makes Irvine Cottages feel like a familiar place for your loved ones -- just like the home they grew up in. A large or hotel-like facility may overwhelm a person with memory loss and lead to more confusion due to overstimulation. We find older adults with memory loss adapt quickly to the new, loving environment in our Cottages.

In everything we do one question is always on our minds, "How do we make life comfortable, safe and enjoyable for those whose care has been entrusted to us?" Safety, security, appropriate-level cognitive care and a comprehensive activities program all improve the day-to-day lives of our residents. We are the only facility in the State of California to have a comprehensive camera monitoring program in all bedrooms of the facility. Your loved one's safety and your peace of mind are our main concerns.

Currently we have two nurses on staff who visit residents daily. We also have medication technicians, social service directors, maintenance staff, and other professionals who give the best care possible. We have the lowest caregiver staff turnover reported in the area. On average the House Managers have been employed for five years or more. Our caregivers provide compassionate and intelligent care for all.

Boredom in a small board and care can be an issue, but not at the Cottages. We provide: Music Therapy two to three days a week, Art Therapy once a week, daily Karaoke, game time, outings, gardening, massage therapy, and even aromatherapy. Group or individual exercise activities occur at 10:00 am every day, so all of our residents know what to expect.

An older adult with memory loss has a lot to deal with during their transition to a new home, such as experiencing a new environment, meeting new people, or finding the bathroom. Therefore, for the first three days, we offer a "friend," a caregiver assigned to give extra help at night or during the day to ease their settling comfortably into a new environment. The new "friend" will answer questions, provide reassurance, and give additional cues to their new surroundings.

We do our best to group our care for older adults into three levels, from mild memory loss, to moderate, and for those who need a lot of extra care. Every Cottage has programs tailored to meet each population's specific needs and concerns. For example, some Cottages have extra night care, while some have more music therapy. In order to truly know what level of care or which Cottage will be a good fit for your loved one, a tour with one of our Family Service Directors will assist you in making the right choice!

By providing excellent memory care, we decrease your levels of stress and time spent worrying. You will be able to relax because you know your loved ones are in highly-skilled and compassionate hands. You will be able to enjoy quality visits with your family members, rather than doing the myriad of caregiving tasks on your "To Do" list. That's what we're here for - to make your life easier and your caregiving journey smoother from now on!

In October 2015, Dr. Jacqueline Dupont, Gerontologist and Founder of Irvine Cottages, was honored to receive the 2015 Senior Care Hero Humanitarian Award from SeniorServ, a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of older adults.

We have 13 total cottages serving these areas in Orange County:
    • Irvine Northwood, Turtle Rock and University Park
    • Newport Beach Back Bay Neighborhood
    • Mission Viejo Alicia and La Paz exits off the 5 Freeway

If you have questions, need further information, or want to schedule a tour, please call (866) 824-8174. Or you can complete the Contact Form below. Thank you for your interest!

Jacqueline Dupont, Founder of Irvine Cottages, is a gerontologist with over 20 years of experience in the field of aging and Alzheimer’s care. Irvine Cottages offer a unique approach to resident protection with full-facility camera coverage. We have 13 Cottages to suit your needs. Staff to resident ratio 2 to 3 caregivers per 6 residents.

Map of Irvine Cottages 10