Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center Millbrae, CA

Reviews of Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

October 12, 2017

By Delores

I found the staff at Greenhills very cooperative, friendly and thoughtful. Each one was friendly and very concerned for my health and comfort. I would recommend Greenhills to anyone looking for somewhere safe and pleasant to recover from surgery.
Thank You for your consumer review. Here at Marymount Greenhills we strive to ensure we are providing great care to our residents and our respite guests. As our newest ads say "We've changed and we guarantee it at Marymount Greenhills." Please consider and recommend us for any future Respite, Independent Living, Assisted Living or Memory Care stay. We will be glad to serve you and your family.

March 04, 2017

By Joan111554

Marymount was a lovely place, but it seemed like their emphasis was more on assisted living than independent living, and I am interested in independent living. I visited Marymount in the middle of the week, and the person I talked to said that most of the active people are out during the day. What I saw were a lot of people being assisted, and I want independent living. The rooms were very nice, pleasant, and clean. They provide one meal a day, and you can choose between breakfast, lunch, or dinner. The staff was very nice. There was nothing that stands out about them. They answered my questions and showed me around.

December 08, 2016

By Deborah611334

Marymount Greenhills was a nice place. It was just too big. They have a beauty salon and a nice dining room, and the place didn't reek of urine. They gave us a good lunch, and they say they have activities for them every day. The rooms were average, and you could bring your own furniture if you want. Some of them had kitchens with a stove. They seem like they were doing good with all the people who live there. The food was good, and so was the service. The dining area was very nice and welcoming.

November 01, 2016

By Jorge270714

Marymount was OK. The people were super friendly, and the lady who showed us around was very helpful and explained a lot of things to us. They were very helpful as far as talking about finances and things. The rooms were a small but not that bad. But they had 3 meals a day and they sort of expected you to eat at the dining room. Like I said, the staff was very friendly and the people seemed happy. They had an exercise room, but it wasn’t really that much of an exercise room. Basically, they had a room that they had opened up, and they have exercise classes and a TV so that people can watch exercise videos. They had someone actually leading the classes two or three times a week.

October 20, 2016

By Rey434003

Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center was offering a really nice bedroom, and their cost was pretty high. It was over a thousand dollars more per month. I looked at past reviews, and they weren't good. The people who showed me through the facility were very nice.

September 29, 2016

By Emily865134

My experience at Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center was good. I almost chose this place; they were very nice. They saw me immediately, and the tour was good so no complaints. The rooms were OK; there was one that was available that we almost got. The place didn't smell that fabulous, but it was OK. The reason we didn't choose it was because it was too far for me to travel, so it wasn't convenient from a distance perspective.

May 10, 2016

By Billie's family

We learned of Marymount Greenhills through Caring.com. Our interest increased when we talked to the daughter of a relatively new resident who we knew through the day program my mother attended. Having visited 7 other facilities this is the one we decided on for two reasons. First, the new Director is an experienced senior living director, a trained doctor and business manager, with a hands-on approach. The staff is friendly and apparently like their work and each other. Second, there is an assisted living floor dedicated to those living with dementia. Staff provide the additional services required for a person with dementia who is also a fall risk. There is also a locked memory unit if and when my mom starts wandering. At the moment my mom is doing very well living in what we call the "transition" area. She's been living there for two months and we're as happy as we'd hoped to be with the facility and particularly the staffing.

April 25, 2016

By Gary123727050

Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center was a nice place. It felt more like a retirement community than a care community. The rooms were nice and had a variety to choose from. They had a room with a mini bar sink and kitchenettes. It's more flexible and can deal with people with different levels of need. They had a bus that took people on field trips that looked appealing. The sales director who assisted us with the tour was very nice and very personable.

February 15, 2016

By Belmont Gal

Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center wasn’t the right place for my mother-in-law. They were very lovely, nice, friendly people, but they didn’t meet the criteria that she wanted. The food wasn’t as good as where she is. I think they had lots of activities, but it was not as appealing for her.

January 13, 2016

By Esther9

I toured Marymount Greenhills. They have their own, large facility for physical therapy. Their rooms have kitchenettes. The staff seemed knowledgeable about the facility.

April 23, 2015

By Leonard6

My mother-in-law moved to Marymount Greenhills memory care 7 years ago last month. We looked at several homes, big and small prior. We were impressed of the cleanliness and odor free rooms. All the staff from executive to bus driver are so friendly. The staff is caring and inform us of any changes to her needs. Navin has been so supportive to my mother-in-law and our family.

October 31, 2014

My mom was at Marymount Greenhills for three weeks before she passed away. They were excellent. The rooms were wonderful. They were terrific rooms, very nice rooms. The facility was clean and smelled good. The people seemed very nice including the residents. They were involved in music, and they had live music and piano players and so on coming in.

October 02, 2014

By Linda99786950

Greenhills was the place for my aunt. She was there almost 9 years. The staff took great care with her. From assisted living through hospices, she was truly cared for.

August 31, 2014

My mom is so happy, content, safe, and delighted that she is living at Marymount Greenhills. She is so amazed with the safety, meals, outings, games, entertainment, and housekeeping. I never realized and so appreciate how easy the transition to move her has been. Five stars for this facility for sure!

By Erika6

After searching for a place for my father, I was beginning to get discouraged. I came to my appointment with Marymount and have been happy ever since. The care they provide is excellent. The staff is remarkable. The director is awesome as well. I can now continue my life without worrying about my father.

By Catherine16

I would like to take a moment to explain the invaluable service and support that Marymount Greenhlls has provided us with during the very long and ardous journey my Mother has had to endure. Marymount Greenhills has been an asset to us in so many diretions; it is hard to define them all. They provided companionship and a friendly facility that Mother has been able to enjoy through her unfortunate decline. At times, my Mother's personality and health varied and Marymount Greenhills' flexibility and oversight made for an unaffected transition. Without a doubt, Marymount Greenhills' was instrumental in my Mother's longevity. Their services were transparent and I never felt hesitant to inquire about anything. Her medical needs were always attended to and my family felt very comfortable about her safety. I have recommended Marymount Greenhills numerous times and for a short period before her death, my grandmother also was a resident at Marymount.

By Nicci1

My grandmother has been at Greenhills for almost five years. She has gotten excellent care the entire time. I know because I am always in constant communication with the staff.

August 29, 2014

By Kaye3

Even though I was somewhat familiar with resident homes and care homes, I had no idea it could be so comfortable. We are treated so nicely by all the personnel of Marymount Greenhills. They are so responsive to our needs. Most of all, everyone has a smile for you!

August 29, 2014

By Phil13

I am writing this letter to express my feelings on the subject of the level of care being provided to my mother, Raymonde J. P., at Marymount Greenhills Retiremnet Center. My mother was diagnosed with dementia and has been a resident of Marymount since May 2009. Due to her declining condition, the decision was made to move her to the memory care unit in September 2012. To date, I can say that I am very pleased with the level of care and services being provided to my mother by the staff at Marymount. The staff is very good in keeping me and my mother's doctor apprised of any medical related issues as well as administering any follow-up care prescribed or suggested by her doctor. They are very attentive to all of her needs. At this time, and for the foreseeable future, I cannot imagine any other facility where my mother would reside whereby I could have the same assurances and confidence in the level of care that is being extended to her at Marymount.

August 17, 2014

By Shirley97548850

I don't know what would I do without the excellent service that Greenhills performs for my husband. They are always on their job. I would highly recommend them!

August 07, 2014

By Daughter25

My mom is so happy, content, safe, and delighted that she is living at Greenhills. She is so amazed with the safety, meals, outings, games, entertainment and house keeping. I never realized, and so appreciated how easy the transition to move her has been! 5 stars for sure.

August 07, 2014

By Catherine15

I would like to take a moment to explain the invaluable service and support that Marymount Greenhills has helped us with during the very long and arduous journey my Mother has had to endure. Marymount Greenhills has been an asset to us in so many directions it is hard to define them. They provided companionship and a friendly facility that Mother has been able to enjoy thorough her unfortunate decline. At times, my Mother's personality and health varied and Marymount Greenhills' flexibility and oversight made for an unaffected transition. Without a doubt, Marymount Greenhills was instrumental in my mother's longevity. Their services were transparent and I never felt hesitant to inquire about any subject. Her medical needs were always attended to any my family felt very comfortable about her safety. I have recommended Marymount Greenhills numerous times and for a short period before her death, my grandmother also was a resident at Marymount.

August 06, 2014

By Margaret41

Marymount is an attractive, clean, and well managed facility with a pleasant environment. They also have a courteous staff. My mother has been a resident for a few years. Her needs are constantly met as she ages. She is well groomed by the staff and we are best informed of any changes. Our family is impressed with Marymount's services.

July 18, 2014

By Phil12

We choose Marymount Greenhills for my mother because of its proximity. It is about three miles from where I live and the price is also good for me. They are taking great care of her and I have no complaints. They are very good, very responsive and whenever there is medical issue or any little thing, they always contact me just to let me know what's going on and notify her doctor as well like they will send a fax to the doctor's office. They are very pro-active and that's very good.

June 30, 2014

By Jane95234050

There is so much support and so much pleasure here. I don't know where to begin. The staff is very special. The food is grand and the fun never ceases.

June 30, 2014

By William42

The place is very pleasant combined with friendly and competent staff. The place couldn't be better. Staff is terrific!

June 04, 2014

By Janet93815750

I went and looked at all of these different facilities and Marymount was the most spacious,clean and bright. It was by far the easy choice to make. My mom was in hospice and I think she would not have survived. She's a hospice graduate and it's all thanks to Marymount Greenhills. She's very comfortable there. She likes all of the activities. She feels loved. They took very good care of her. I like their food. Cesar is a great chef. He's been there for years and years.

June 04, 2014

By Bob93815650

The administrator that we were introduced to when we setup our appointment was extremely personable. In our opinion, they catered more to the needs of my mother as opposed to just get someone to move in and that was very impressive to us. When we were able to meet other administrators prior making a decision, that impression carried through. They really think that the needs of the clients are really at the forefront of everything. The presentation of the living quarters was very impressive. They kept it very well, very clean, very sanitary and modernized. The other thing that worked out very well for mom is that the dining area, activities area and the entertainment area are all attached and it's very convenient for her. The staff, particularly the activities director made it part of their daily schedule to encourage and invite my mother to the activities until she was able to familiarize herself and felt comfortable with it. She's been there for 2 years. If there's an activity that she is not sure whether she wants to go or not, the activities director and the staff are there to encourage her. What's very helpful and reassuring for us is that they have 24-hour medical attention there. I also noticed that there seems to be a very warm interaction between the staff and residents.

June 02, 2014

By Judy93591050

Marymount Greenhills sent me a brochure and I thought that if they can send me a brochure, I can't afford to go there. They told me to just come down there and I did. They were able to get us in at a very reasonable price so I was very pleased. They got a lot of activities that in the afternoon that my dad enjoys. They had bingo which he loves. They had movies and all kinds of different things that he enjoys doing. This is one thing that I was happy about because he has things that he could do there. I was really happy to have him there. Their food is healthy and has a lot of variety. The staff is good, polite and helpful. I really think that Marymount is a really great place

June 02, 2014

By Penny8

I am a conservator for someone who lives there. She's been there since 2007. We are totally pleased with Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center. Everything is what my friend needs. My friend had a stroke and she cannot talk. The staff there knows her well enough to talk with her and give her puzzles to work and things to do. They call her Giggles because she's a very pleasant person and the staff is very pleasant to her too. It's a clean and well-kept environment. The things are vacuumed and cleaned on a regular basis. If there's anything I want done, all I have to do is ask and is take care of that day. I have been to their dining room. I haven't eaten there but I've seen the food that they are serving and everyone is happy with it.

April 29, 2014

By John81951950

The people at Marymount Greenhills are very nice. I found the staff to be very responsive. The place is clean, and I have no complaints. His room is very nice. He has a small bedroom, living room, and a bathroom. They have a bus that takes the residents to shopping or to their doctor's appointments. The best thing I like about this facility is the people and the warm environment.

July 19, 2013

By JStillman

This is a beautiful and cozy place! My mom was not the same when dad passed last year, and luckily her best friend already lived at Greenhills. Every time I visited mom she was so depressed and lonely, I wanted to her to be with her people that she can interact with. I called up Greenhills and we did two lunch tours because my mom was a retired chef! Luckily the food passed and mom enjoys her balcony which overlooks the park. The caregivers are so friendly and I feel that they treat the residents as if it was there own parents. It so relaxing to visit mom and knowing she is happy.

June 14, 2013

By dompatello

My uncle is very stubborn and would not want to leave his house. Luckily this place is down the street from where he is. From the day we did the tour everyone was nice to us especially Penny at the front desk. What helped convince my uncle that this was the right fit, was that the rooms look like an apartments instead of an institution. It also helps that one of his friends have been living there for 3 years now. I give this place five stars because all I have to do is visit him instead of worrying about him being all alone.

June 07, 2013

Marymount Greenhills was a very pleasant and clean facility. We had decided this place for my mom. The attendants seemed to be very attentive and the manager was very hospitable. The room we picked out was nice and clean. It was bright and cheerful. Unfortunately, my mom never made it out of Chicago. Her health declined so bad, we had to put her back in hospice care and she never was able to make the trip.

March 20, 2013

By Caring 0069

I visited Marymount and thought that it was a good possibility where my mom could stay. The person who took me around was very nice to me. The place was clean and I didn't notice any unpleasant smells. Their menu looked good. They had pleasant rooms. I would recommend this facility.

February 05, 2013

By D. Snyder

My mother Dolores has been here for over 5 years now. This is our third place because my siblings and I were so worried about mom being safe in the other two facilities. The service and care at Marymount Greenhills are excellent. When I go on vacations I do not have to worry at all. The LVNs in the med room keep me updated with her care and her medications. I just wish this was the first facility that my family and I had placed her.

Costs for Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

Photos of Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

Services and Amenities of Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

• Hiking Trails

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

• Pets: Small Pets

About Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center

• Minimal entrance fee of just $3000.
  • Our caregivers are certified and are here 24 hours a day.
  • Our licensed vocational nurses are also present 24 hours a day.
  • Competitive pricing and high quality assisted living.
  • 7 types of apartments to choose from.
  • No segregations of independent and assisted living.
  • Full time nurse on staff.
  • 24/7 staffed lobby.
  • Free transportation.

Level of care is outstanding! Very heavily monitored Reception area which automatic response systems in place Beautiful gardens surround the Community All levels of care in one amazing Community.

Map of Marymount Greenhills Retirement Center