Brookdale Manteca

Reviews of Brookdale Manteca

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Manteca

May 06, 2017

By Bob864106

My mom moved in to Brookdale, she had friends that lived there, and it's close to her house. That's the one she wanted. Her room is nice, she shares it with someone, and she goes to church and bible study. I had lunch there, and the food wasn't bad; it was OK. The staff was good. She's happy there so far.

October 20, 2016

By Sandra617301

I do homecare, and I'm taking care of some clients in assisted living care in Brookdale Manteca. The people seem happy there, and the meals didn't seem too bad. They have girls there that will take the client to the dining room and assist with bathing or dressing and things like that. The grounds are very pleasant, and they're taking them to Jackson and to different places; I thought that was pretty great. They have surprise trips on Sundays. I think it's a nice place to put your family member.

February 29, 2016

By Jan120284650

I chose Brookdale for the cost, the friendliness, and the excellent food. The rooms are nice and spacious. The helpers are very friendly. They have crafts.

February 15, 2016

By Andrew30

The staff at Brookdale Manteca was very good, approachable, and friendly. She treated us very well during our visit. The facility was good. It looks like it was well-run. It is in a good location. The only issue we have with this facility is the cost. There is a McDonald’s nearby. I did not see anything that would discourage me to put my mom in there. The facility is clean. I would not give it a perfect rating only because their memory care unit is not that big.

December 29, 2015

By Helen Ortiz

We chose this Facility Brookdale Manteca because when we took the tour the employees were very welcoming. We felt at home, and most of all our Parents felt at home, they didn't feel as if they were going into an institution. Once we settled Mom/Dad we got to know more of the staff and the different activities they had which was amazing. The dining area was awesome! everyone in the kitchen we knew by name after a week! They were all so ever friendly and kind. The young caregivers were so kind they had the perfect staff I have never seen such young adults be so kind to the elderly. This place was the perfect place for Mom/Dad it's their home away from home, and it was so close to us we visited and had dinner with them almost every day! Keep up the good work Brookdale Manteca ... I would recommend this place to everyone!

December 17, 2015

By Joan117949650

My mother was at Brookdale Manteca. Our experience with them was not very good. It went under three owners while she was there, so they had a lot of change in staffing. It had way too many turnovers, so I wasn’t too pleased with them. They had activities. They had movie nights, piano players, singers, and exercise classes. However, they need to learn who their residents are and how to contact family members in a timely manner when there’s a problem. Everything that happened, I was never notified about.

We are sorry to hear Brookdale Manteca did not meet your expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their families. We will share your feedback with our management team to help better serve our residents and their families in the future.

December 16, 2015

By Tim39

My mother-in-law moved into Brookdale Manteca (formerly Emeritus at Manteca). Everyone was very friendly and helpful. She has Parkinson's, and she is starting to have dementia problems, so they determined that she couldn't go into the assisted living. She went up to the memory care. They were very helpful with all the paperwork and processing everything. They were very cooperative. The facility seemed to be nice, clean, and well run. There was never an issue with them. We had one meal there. The food was fine, and my in-laws also liked the food. She has been there a little over a month. It's very well kept up, but it definitely was an older layout.

October 28, 2015

Our initial experience at Brookdale Manteca wasn’t extremely well, but they were without a manager in the memory care facility for the first four weeks that she was there. We had a few hiccups that arose but as soon as the manager came in, things have been 100% better. She is on the top of the staff and addressing issues immediately with resolution. Things right now are going extremely well. I like that their memory care unit is kind of a smaller size residents versus some of the larger and newer community. They have 16 residents in their memory care unit versus 26 to 35. They have a lot better ratio of residents to a caregiver and that was the primary thing that we were looking for, to make sure that she was getting attention that she needed. But one thing they can improve on would be better communication between the administrative staff and the caregivers.

July 20, 2015

The staff was good at Brookdale Manteca (Emeritus at Manteca), but the place was kind of dreary and dark, and they were more expensive. I was not impressed. It looked old and run-down.

April 07, 2015

The staff was very friendly at the Emeritus at Manteca, and that was why we chose it. It was clean. It met our needs, and it was affordable. They had activities like bingo, and they did have some therapy that they do with the residents.

September 29, 2014

Emeritus at Manteca was a bigger place and there were more people there. It was very nice. Their dining room was the same as the other one. They had a good menu with good choices, and if you want something different, they will cook it for you too. They had the same activities as the other one. What I like best about this one was the location and their staff.

May 30, 2014

By Stefanie1

My dad moved into Emeritus at Manteca. We chose it because we like the facility and we like the staff. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My dad ended up in a small studio, which is not what we were looking for originally, but there were some complications before he moved in. They do have bigger rooms, but my father has Parkinson's and eventually he is going to end up in the memory care ward. One of the reasons also that we chose for him to stay there is because he will be able to stay there as his disease progresses. He won't have to move to a different facility. They have a lot of available activities. They have a calendar of events, and they have several things going on every day. They have exercise classes, bingo several times a week, they have trips to the casino, malls, and local stores. They have entrainment come. They have monthly birthday parties for whoever has a birthday that month; they celebrate it once a month. However, my dad doesn't participate much in the activities. He stays in his room a lot. They do encourage him to go out as much as possible. He really hasn't yet taken advantage of activities. They have very good food in the dining room. They have lots of it, and a variety with multiple well-balanced meal choices. They have three entrée choices for lunch and dinner every day. Every day they have a soup and salad bar available. Plus, they have a regular menu that is available every day, if you don't like the choices.

May 20, 2014

By Phil11

We located Emeritus, and my dad has not moved in as of yet. We still have a few things to sort out financially, and the type of room wasn't available at that time, so we're on a wait list. It was about 20 minutes from where I lived. All the staff is friendly and very helpful. That left me with impression enough to bring my father back, along with the rest of my family. They explained everything thoroughly and toured the whole facility. All in all, it was a good experience. There were three floor plans that we looked at. One in particular that was I looking at for my father was the larger studio. It was a nice floor plan with kitchen and bathroom. They did give some monthly calendar of activities, which I found is good to keep them busy. That was another reason that I found the place favorable. Another reason I like it is that they had the dining room that Dad could go down to whenever he needed. He didn't have to cook for himself because he is unable to do so. The grounds that I was walking in were very clean. It didn’t look like a modern facility. It was nice, upkept, and clean. I was impressed.

May 10, 2014

We went to Emeritus at Manteca, and the staff are very good. I think they might be a little understaffed from what I saw looking around, but they said they don’t think they are. The people are nice there, and this facility would probably be our first choice because of the affordability. It's between maybe $200-$400 a month less than some others. The rooms were OK. I think they have exercise and maybe some arts and crafts time. They have a garden area, and that is really huge and very nice with a waterfall and fishes. I would recommend this facility.

January 23, 2014

By caring77625050

Emeritus at Manteca was a nice facility. It was clean and inviting. I liked it. The tour guide was very helpful and very pleasant, had a lot of information, and the tour was nice. We got to see the whole place. It seemed like a comfortable place.

March 21, 2013

Merrill Gardens was close, clean, relatively nice, and they gave me a price that I can work with. The rooms and the staff were very nice. The food was decent and my grandfather didn't mind because he doesn't have a very particular taste. He moved in there, but he's back in his own place now because he doesn't want to be in such a facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Manteca

July 01, 2016

By Ricki377772

The lady that I was trying to help moved to Brookdale in Manteca. I’m not sure what happened but somehow she ended up on the second floor and people on the second floor don’t get assisted. It's independent living on the second floor. I know she doesn’t need help taking showers, but she has been having issues, so she has to hire a couple of other companies to go and help her on the second floor. The facility seems old and a little bit outdated, but it is clean, nice, and smells good compared to a lot of places. It is really beautiful. The residents are all wonderful and very helpful, but the staff is not very organized. They have plenty of activities and plenty of things to do. They take them places. For someone who is social, it is a wonderful place because they get to know each other really easily, and there is always groups of people talking and stuff, but the lady that I’ve been dealing with isn’t involved in any of that. Overall, I have to rate it at a 3 and that’s just because it seems to take them so long to get any information.

March 21, 2016

By Cruz1

I went to Brookdale Manteca. It was very nice and upbeat, but they want people who were able to walk around. At the time when I brought my husband’s sister to the facility, she wasn’t able to walk around. Also, she doesn’t speak English well, which is why I had to put her somewhere with bilingual staff. I did like the facility. The staff was very nice.

February 22, 2015

By Lynn41

I will be moving mom to where she was before and that is Emeritus at Manteca. Basically I was just hoping it was as good as it was before. The room that she is going to live in is completely remodeled with new carpets, so it’s going to be really nice for her. It was a very nice place, and every time I went in there I felt like its very welcoming and inviting; that is also the only reason I put her back there. It’s very homey and clean, and the people were very friendly when I walked in. The staff seems to be well-informed.

February 11, 2015

Emeritus at Manteca is very new and clean. The space is good. It had a good feeling about it, but the price was a bit high. The staff was very professional, but not very welcoming. They did discuss with us what they have as activities there. The surroundings are a little bit remote. It will be difficult for a senior with a car to get to any populated area or mall easily. Because it was so new, it was so pleasing. The size is good, although it is a little bit expensive.

November 19, 2014

I find Emeritus to be very satisfying. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It impresses me that they are very professional. The dining room is very nice.

August 30, 2014

My daughter chose Emeritus at Manteca for me. The staff was very nice. The food is not that good, but the new owner has said that they are going to bring in some dieticians, so I am giving them a chance to see how it will improve. Their activities are very few. I play their 2-dollar bingo and that's about it.

July 31, 2014

By LovelyLady000090

The people were really very nice at Emeritus but the place was not as well organized because I guess of some personnel changes going on. The rooms were nice but the bathrooms were dirty. They had restaurant sittings for longer periods of time. I wouldn’t feel bad putting my mother there.

July 29, 2013

By David32

Merrill Gardens is close to my house. The apartment my mother got is a nice 1-bedroom with full kitchen and a living room. Her room walks out into a courtyard with lots of trees and shrubs. The meals are up to her standards. People are friendly, courteous, and professional. Everything works there, so it's just a good fit.

Photos of Brookdale Manteca

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Brookdale Manteca

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Beautiful Ambience,country style with garden surrounding the patio court yard. The anytime dinning 7am to 7pm restraunt style. The apartments are very cozy and spacious with full kitchens and some with a view over looking the courtyard. Easy access from near by 120hwy,99 &5 Hwy.

Map of Brookdale Manteca