Cedar Creek Senior Living

Reviews of Cedar Creek Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedar Creek Senior Living

December 13, 2016

By Fred676668

I visited Cedar Creek Senior Living with my stepdad. They fixed lunch for him, and he liked the food. I liked the fact that you can order whatever you want. The biggest thing we're happy about was when we were moving my parents in, the manager of the place helped us move all our stuff from the trailer into the building. We found out after a few days of moving them in that they get Mom up in the morning, get her cleaned up, get her dressed, and they get her up using her walker to go to the bathroom; she didn't do all of that before. She is doing so much better there, and they are actually taking care of her. She goes down to eat 3 times a day, she no longer eats in her bed. They are treating her so much better, and it is so incredible.

November 21, 2016

By Janet785805

We put my dad in Cedar Creek. We like all the activities that they have. He has dementia. They have a dementia ward and a regular ward. They have a transition section. In his level of care, it gives him the freedom of the entire facility to do all the activities like outings and go on trips, but he is monitored closely at night. His room is like a regular apartment. It has a kitchen with no stove, but it has a refrigerator. It has a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. I had some problem with the billing -- just minor things -- but the facility itself and the people who works there -- the nurses and those type of people -- are wonderful.

May 10, 2016

By J's daughterEGMYZ

I was given a great tour of the facility and after touring five (5) others I felt Cedar Creek was the best fit for my 90 year old mother. The staff have been so caring to my mom from her very first day making the transition an easy and good experience for her. The activities are wonderful and I can't relate the feeling of happiness I feel after a visit realizing the staff have made it a point to know my mom's name by sight. When my mom moved in and I had a questions never once was I made to feel I was bothering and my question was quickly answered. I am so happy with Cedar Creek Senior Living Facility.

July 21, 2015

By Sandra110865150

We looked through Cedar Creek, which is close to my home. They were very kind and knowledgeable. The people who helped us were just excellent. We were looking at the outside apartments as my parents do not need very much care at this time, and those are the ones that we were interested in, but they toured the whole facility with us, so that we will know that if my parents needed more care at a later date, it will be available for them. So they gave us a tour of the whole facility, and they spent a lot of time with us. I was very happy with it, and I wanted my parents to go there, but my parents simply were not ready at this time. The only drawback that I saw was there was only room for a single car and both of my parents were driving at that time, so they wanted room for their vehicles. They bought us lunch, and we all had lunch together. There were six of us, and the lunch was very good. My parents liked it. You could order off of a menu; it was very nice. They had a full calendar of events that will cover a lot of interests. They had outside events being held there like meetings, and they had spiritual events because both of my parents happen to be active Christians, they had several denominations, and a full calendar of events that would appeal to a lot of interests. They had a gym, a spa, and a hair salon. They basically had everything that my parents could possibly need or want. It will be very close to a five as far as cleanliness, and it is very modern. It is not that old of a facility, and it is very well-kept. It was just very nice.

May 31, 2015

By Pauline10

I really liked Cedar Creek. It was very good. The rooms were very nice. They had some separate apartments which my mother liked, but she does not feel like she needs any help right now. The grounds were very well kept up, and the people were very nice and very friendly. They had a lot of activities like bingo and parties. They also had a bus that takes residents to their appointments.

October 23, 2014

I visited Cedar Creek. The rooms were spacious. The staff was helpful. They checked and monitored the people a lot. The food was good. They had activities like bingo, entertainment would come, and they took them places.

Independent Living Reviews for Cedar Creek Senior Living

Memory Care Reviews for Cedar Creek Senior Living

Questions about Cedar Creek Senior Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly Relias Training that is mandated by DSS & CCL so we are in compliance, we also provide "in services" from home health and other agencies. Continued on the job training that is specific to those in Dementia Care.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Cedar Creek Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Late seventies, early eighties. Exercising, wii Jeopardy, bowling, painting, picnics, monthly restaurant outings, arts & crafts, happy hours, scenic drives, and visiting parks and lakes. Special monthly events ie Elvis Show, Luau, Western Day, and much more!

What programs or activities does Cedar Creek Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Exercise, walking in local parks, cinema visits. Our community embraces each resident's mind, body, and soul with weekly church services and church visits. Residents tell their life story and "Living the Dream" a visit to "Swim with the Dolphins" at Six Flags Vallejo. Visit San Francisco Giants Game". Ziplining and more.

What places are near Cedar Creek Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Cedar Creek Senior Living is located in a residential area set on four acres of beautiful property. We have a huge garden area for AL and Memory Care residents to enjoy.

What transportation services does Cedar Creek Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation is available seven days a week for shopping, doctor visits and other residents requests.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cedar Creek Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Cedar Creek Senior Living's dining room and menus are similar to a four-star restaurant. Menu items change daily. Fresh local sustainable vegetables and produce and spectacular desserts.

What safety features or security measures does Cedar Creek Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We have CCTV cameras located inside and outside the building. We are staffed 24 / 7 / 365. Our memory care is secured 24 / 7 /365. All residents in AL and IL have pendents. When activated it goes via our radio system. All residents are logged in daily in our Sagely system when dining.

How does Cedar Creek Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have the Sagely Interactive Application where families are sent photographs of residents in activities in real-time or as they happen. Families are sent a monthly activity calendar and are notified of a fall, unusual behavior, change in condition, or any other pertinent information.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Cedar Creek Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing ratio is scheduled and based on residents needs for both day time and night time 24 / 7 /365......

If Cedar Creek Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Some apartments have patios. Our garden area has a dog run appropriately themed and named "Pooh Park". We are definitely a pet-friendly community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly Relias Training that is mandated by DSS & CCL so we are in compliance, we also provide "in services" from home health and other agencies. Continued on the job training.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Cedar Creek Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mostly grew up in the farming agriculture industry, Late seventies to mid eighties in age, visit wineries, visits to beaches, lakes shopping malls, casino visits, art galleries, restaurants

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Cedar Creek Senior Living is located in a residential area, however, we have a huge garden area for AL and Memory Care residents to enjoy and also local parks.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Cedar Creek Senior Living has organized?

Monthly resident "This Is Your Life". Residents tell their life stories and "Living the Dream" a visit to "Swim with the Dolphins" at Six Flags Vallejo. Visit San Francisco Giants Game", Ziplining, and more.

What transportation services does Cedar Creek Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Transportation is available seven days a week for shopping, Doctor visits and other residents requests

What makes the chef or dining program at Cedar Creek Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Cedar Creek Senior Living's dining room and menus are similar to a four-star restaurant. Menu items change daily with an ala cart menu featuring steak, salmon, lamb, and fresh local sustainable vegetables and produce and spectacular desserts

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

All common areas are available to IL residents, Library, Bistro Area and Garden Areas

What safety features or security measures does Cedar Creek Senior Living offer to independent living residents?

Frequent wellness checks, secured units with lock pad entries and CCTV cameras , monitors located at Concierge desk and memory care monitored at all times.

Does Cedar Creek Senior Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes, we partner with home health and hospice agencies.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

The staffing ratio is scheduled and based on dementia acuity and residents' needs for both day time and night time 24 / 7 /365.

What safety features or security measures does Cedar Creek Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

What programs or activities does Cedar Creek Senior Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have craft, painting, exercise, outings, story time and cooking. One on one hand massage, salon days for hair and make up, birthday parties and family day, outings and picnics at local parks.

Generations Memory Care Director, Resident Care Director. Updated every three months or when there is a change in condition

What techniques does Cedar Creek Senior Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Meals are served family style, for those who cannot use a knife and fork the entrees are made finger food style with sauces for dipping. Staff will support / assist residents by using hand over hand technique.

How does Cedar Creek Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Families are updated on falls, slips, change of condition medication change, Doctor visits any other unusual occurrence.

Describe the neighborhood around Cedar Creek Senior Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

It is a residential neighbourhood, However there are parks that are a short distance away so we take our Memory Care residents to local parks, cinemas, State Fair in our bus or van.

Is Cedar Creek Senior Living affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Yes Madera Community Hospital, or at family request St Agnes Hospital and Fresno Community Hospital Fresno.

Costs for Cedar Creek Senior Living

Photos of Cedar Creek Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Cedar Creek Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: $1800 Community Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• State Licenses: 207209043

About Cedar Creek Senior Living

Cedar Creek Senior Living is a senior living community in Madera County that offers senior living options in a warm and familiar environment. Nestled on four acres of beautifully landscaped gardens, Cedar Creek is near family and friends, and close to all the familiar services you always count on. We focus on your daily chores, while you enjoy your favorite pastimes.

Living Spaces:

• Spacious Studio Apartments - To fit all living situations
  • Private Bathrooms - Fitted with accessible showers for personal comfort
  • Pet-Friendly - Sometimes our best friends have fur
  • Daily Living Assistance - Focus on living a vibrant life
  • Weekly Housekeeping and Laundry Service - We take care of the cleaning, so you can enjoy life
  • Utilities Included - No more surprising bills
  • Emergency Response System - We take your safety seriously
  • Scheduled Local Transportation - Enjoy group outings or schedule a ride to an appointment
  • Medication Management Available - Ensure you take the right medication at the right time

Community Spaces:

• Beauty Salon - To stay looking your best without having to go far
  • Library - Cozy, intimate setting for reading a good book
  • Game and Activity Rooms - To keep your mind creative and sharp
  • Lounge Area - To kick back and relax at any time
  • Heated Swimming Pool and Spa - Keep moving and stay healthy
  • Fitness Center - Equipped with various machines to comply with all exercise levels
  • Four Acres of Landscaped Gardens - Stop and smell the roses or join our Garden Club to plant natural seasonal herbs and vegetables
  • Outdoor Patio and Courtyard - To enjoy a day in the sun or cool off in the shade
  • Multiple Dining Areas - A comfortable area to enjoy balanced and nutritious cuisine
  • Landscaped Garden - Enjoy fresh air when you want it
  • Winnie the Pooh Doggie Park -to enjoy our furry friends

Cedar Creek Senior Living is full of opportunities for you or your loved ones to live an exciting, adventurous, social and luxurious lifestyle with top-of-the-line amenities and services to accommodate our residents’ individual lifestyles.

Map of Cedar Creek Senior Living