Alamitos West Health Care Center

Alamitos West Health Care Center (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Alamitos West Health Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Alamitos West Health Care Center

December 15, 2014

My mother was at Alamitos West Health Care Center two or three times before she became a permanent resident. She needs 24/7 care, so now we have her there long term. We live close by, and I am very happy with it. The people are very friendly. They serve good meals. I can't say anything negative; everything is positive the way I feel about it. She is happy with the food, and if you don't feel like eating it, they'll bring you something else. They are very accommodating. The room is beautiful, and it is big enough and clean. They have a lot of activities going on daily like bingo and games. They always have some kind of entertainment, they have people come in to teach hula, and someone comes in to play the piano for music. The dining room is beautiful, and it is seasonal; like for Halloween, they had a Halloween party and they had it all decorated and then Thanksgiving and now Christmas. The staff are very nice. They want to make you happy, and they care about their people. I highly recommend this facility.

November 01, 2014

By Dianne9493

What I like best about Alamitos West is that it's neat and clean, and it doesn't smell. They have good food, and they take care of my mom real well. They have very good food with very good selections. If it's not what you like, you can have any kind of sandwich or hotdog, and they come on with different dessert, so food is very good.

March 06, 2012

By tdple13

This facility provides ample care for those who have recently been discharged from a local hospital or are residing here on a long term or permanent basis. You must pay a visit to this facility during the day and during the night to obtain a clearer picture of your family member or friend's upcoming stay. The day time shift is packed full of staff members who are very attentive to the needs of all of their residents in a timely manner. I understand that the night is supposed to be more calm due to residents wanting to rest, but if you peer down the hallway and will see rows of call lights that have been illuminated for various reasons. You want to have patients tended to in about a minute from the nearest station, but my family and I have seen neighboring residents go unattended to for periods of 7 minutes or greater. A lot can happen during that period, especially with the elderly. The staff itself is fine. They are just lacking the proper numbers to handle their patients in a timely manner.

December 07, 2011

By jack1

Well, I visited my girlfriend at Alamitos West Health Care Center, so she gave me tour of the whole facility. I found out a number of administrative problems in the facility as the Facility was not administered in a manner that promotes resident. The facility did not have a quality assurance committee(s) and do not keep complete medical records for each resident. The environment of the Facility was also not admirable it must have adequate furnishings and space in the dining room, and it must provide for comfortable sound levels. The facility must report abuse and must keep confidential all information in residents' medical record which I found was not soo in practice the facility was not resolving the resident grievance which must promptly resolve resident grievances. The service provided by the facility was not provided by qualified persons the facility must utilize the resident's assessment to develop of a plan of care for the welfare of the staff. This is what I saw there and found wrong, but they are improving the facility that's it.

Services and Amenities of Alamitos West Health Care Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Alamitos West Health Care Center

Alamitos West Health Care Center is a senior living provider in Los Alamitos, California that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Alamitos West Health Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Alamitos West Health Care Center