Palmcrest Grand Retirement

Reviews of Palmcrest Grand Retirement

Assisted Living Reviews for Palmcrest Grand Retirement

January 26, 2017

By Megan106124

I didn't like Palmcrest Grand Retirement at all. Some of the people were outside on the street, which was kind of weird. Inside, it was like a nursing home to me. The rooms that they showed me were in really bad condition. The place didn't seem very clean.

March 10, 2015

My parents are having a little bit of problems with what they need on a daily at Palmcrest. And on a scale of 1-10, I would rate their services as a 4 to 5, 10 being great and 1 being bad. My parents are happy with the way they are being treated and things that are going there. I am not happy with that. It was a pretty nice facility, it's clean, and the people were very attentive the first time I was there, but within the last few months they have changed management. Another company took over, and for some reason some of the staff members are not performing the job they are supposed to be doing. I would not recommend them unless the relatives lived nearby to visit the people that are going to be staying there at least once or twice a week so they can see firsthand how well the residents are being treated. I would not recommend it for people like myself being away. I can only hear when I talk to my parents on my phone complaining about their lack of services and they are not getting what they are paying for.

June 23, 2014

I’ve been in Palmcrest Grand a little over 4 years now. It’s an old building, and it’s big, spacious, and fairly comfortable, but it needs some serious repairs, like plumbing and electrical stuff. I have a room with a bedroom and bathroom, not very big, with closed in closets. It’s OK. The staff is pretty nice. The housekeeper comes by once a day and cleans the room, and it works out pretty well. The food is terrible, and I don’t know if it is due to budget problems or lack of capable people or both. They have a pretty large dining room downstairs that houses 100 people. It’s more utilitarian, with a hard floor and nice fixtures, but it’s OK. They have a pretty good activities director. They play different games on a daily basis, like Bingo and blackjack. We have a tai chi class once or twice a week. They have movies once in a while, maybe a couple of afternoons a week.

March 20, 2013

By Willy Mae Nelson

It's really nice at Palm Crest. They give good service. The place is clean and they wash the linens once a week or as needed. The food is all right but it's bland. They have to have it that way because not everybody can have salt. You can also order food that you like. The staff is all right but we had to talk to the manager or the activities director because some patients scream and the like. However, they seemed not to get your message across. I would still recommend this facility though.

April 18, 2012

By D. Crossley

At first I was nervous about going to an assisted living facility because I had the mental image of an "old folks home" from a movie. But I was happily surprised to find out that either a lot has changed or Palmcrest is just an exception to the rule. The facility was clean and well maintained, even though it did remind me of a hotel. All of the lamps and sofas seemed to be bought en masse. George was a widower an lived in a small "studio." It was more or less just a room with an attached bathroom but he had personalized it with his own things, namely a big old record player and stacks of jazz records.He said he would rather live on his own but that every once in awhile he has trouble getting up out of bed so it is nice that he has the staff there to help him when he needs it. I didn't really get a chance to talk with any of the staff but they all seemed friendly and always greeted George by name when they saw him. All and all I think Palmcrest is a nice facility that seems to respect their residences.

Questions about Palmcrest Grand Retirement

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Palmcrest Grand Retirement. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our communities' average age is 67. Our residents enjoy spending time socializing, going on outings, games, music, and dining.

What programs or activities does Palmcrest Grand Retirement offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our activities department is very busy providing a wide range of programs that encompass gaming, socialization, spiritual activities, painting, sports, WII video games, bingo, pet therapy, singing, and so much more.

What places are near Palmcrest Grand Retirement or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Long Beach is one giant playground located right in the heart of Southern California. Here you can experience it all from a deep sea adventure at the Aquarium of the Pacific right on the bay and a voyage in time aboard the historic Queen Mary to lively guided tours through downtown and the colorful East Village. Within an hour’s drive, you can explore the fabulous worlds of Universal Studios Hollywood, Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure and every major Southern California attraction.

What transportation services does Palmcrest Grand Retirement offer to assisted living residents?

Taxi that we pay for if it is within 5 miles of our community.

What makes the chef or dining program at Palmcrest Grand Retirement exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a dietician that plans our menu 2 weeks in advance, as well as special diet's according Doctors orders. We serve a fresh soup everyday at lunch along with the meal . Dinner we have a fresh salad bar along with the meal. Alternative dishes can be ordered as well.

What safety features or security measures does Palmcrest Grand Retirement offer to assisted living residents?

Our campus includes several safety features: Access codes in and out of the building, CCTV/ security cameras in and around the campus, Strong light around the facility, Secure gated and monitored parking lot

How does Palmcrest Grand Retirement keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We communicate through a variety of way...preferably face-t-to-face, however, if this is not possible we will call you.

If Palmcrest Grand Retirement accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do not currently take animals.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff gets regular training every month and they must have training before they can even come onto the floor and we are monitoring and doing reviews all the time.

What safety features or security measures does Palmcrest Grand Retirement provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a memory care unit that is fully secure with key codes, alarms and cameras. We also have great staff to ensure there safety.

Costs for Palmcrest Grand Retirement

Photos of Palmcrest Grand Retirement

Services and Amenities of Palmcrest Grand Retirement

• Fee Structure Extra: $3500 Community Move In Fee

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 197607490

About Palmcrest Grand Retirement

This NEWLY RENOVATED Community makes Palmcrest Grand Retirement your home and the warming comfort of familiar faces, delicious meals and the best care possible.

Upon entering the main foyer of our secure, assisted the living community, visitors, seniors and family members alike, are welcomed by the wide open and easy to navigate layout of our 2 adjoining common entertainment areas. If you visit us today, you will discover that we are still in the remodeling phases. We have painted the entire building on the outside, and upgraded our elevator system, our electrical panels, and most of our central air conditioning. We boast of our spacious community entertainment area, as it is the largest in the Los Angeles area; along with all amenities you’ve come to expect in a community of its caliber. Our assisted living quarters has a total of 5 large common areas, featuring vaulted ceilings, and plenty of comfortable, easy to access, sitting spaces for enjoying great conversation with good friends.

At Palmcrest Grand Residence, our warm, friendly and well-trained staff are here to provide personal care for seniors who need minimal assistance with the activities of daily living.

From serving your loved one chef-prepared meals, taking care of household chores, or simply assisting them with personal care needs, you can enjoy the peace of mind knowing that your loved one is valued, appreciated, and enjoying the best of care.

All rooms come with:

• 24 hour on site care staff
  • Modern emergency call system
  • Private bathroom
  • Spacious closet
  • Secure balcony or patio with screen door
  • Resident controlled a/c and heat

Memory Care:

We put a major emphasis on removing the feeling of being institutionalized. Our home features an extremely large common area equipped with a movie theater and gourmet restaurant. We also offer outside dining, and we encourage residents to do their own ADL (Activities of Daily Living – which include: eating, bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring (walking) and continence). In doing this we aim to promote each resident's personal independence.

At Palmcrest, we have two distinct areas in our Memory Care Unit. One being our existing upstairs area, and the other being our newly redesigned and dedicated memory care area. Our upstairs unit is designed to give off a warm and loving feel, while our downstairs is more glitzy.

There is even a private cinema, luxury dining room and an outside courtyard. Our Long Beach facility offers fun activities and quality dining experiences that help residents live engaging, purposeful and fulfilling lives.

Map of Palmcrest Grand Retirement