Tamalpais

Reviews of Tamalpais

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Tamalpais

May 10, 2016

By PenelopeTZPQO

I’ve been in The Tamalpais, and it’s like a beautiful hotel in the hills with a view of the bay. It’s very lush, but I don’t like the narrow hallways. They have a lot of activities and menus that are very particular to the eating habits of people today. I went there with a girlfriend of a mine to see her friend, and the bedroom was beautiful.

March 28, 2014

By Caring79119350

Tamalpais had redone their lobby, and I didn't like the way it was done. It previously was dated, but it was done in good taste. And after they redid the lobby, it looked like Macy's basement. It's new, but it's badly done. Their elevators are plastic. I have friends there, but I don't like it. They've got a nice pool, but the surroundings are so tacky. I couldn't stand living there, even though they're such nice people, awfully nice people in a nice place. I couldn't find anything to eat except a bacon-less tomato sandwich. The chicken was just cooked to death. Not everybody likes the same kind of food. Fresh fruit and everything was very nice, but everything else just was unacceptable. The rooms were so widely diverse, so some of them are very nice. In general, I like the setup, nice high ceilings, but I don't like it.

July 28, 2013

By idle_idol

My parents live here and they LOVE IT! Dad's health has been failing, but Mom is doing quite well. So She has committees she serves on, and Dad has bridge games. There are cultural events and sports and everything you can imagine: weight room, tech center, lending library, art room, beauty salon, etc There is so much for residents to do, or not do, depending on their desires. The food is very good. You can dine in the dining room - full service; or in the buffet area. They also have foods you can take up to your apartment and keep there. Delivery to your room is also available for a fee or if your doctor says you need it. The Bel Air mall is just down the hill and there are daily shuttles so you can get anything you need. Services are also brought in: jewelry repair, financial services. The health care is exceptional and all inclusive. Dad went to the hospital last year and the Tam took care of everything, transport for Dad, transport for my Mom to visit him, long term after care so he didn't try to get back to his old life before he was ready. Best of all no bills! The staff handles everything. Moving here was the BEST decision my parents ever made. I don't fret at all about them because I know they are in such good hands.

June 23, 2012

By ryanato

The Tamalpais Nursing Home is well worth the cost. My grandfather came out here after his home in New Orleans was wiped out by Hurricane Katrina. He was very sick at the time, but he quickly recovered at the Tamalpais. He was truly happy there. Rumicube, and making friends were only a few of the many activities he enjoyed. I truly believe that the Tamalpais nursing home added many happy years to his life. The staff was friendly and knew what they were doing, not to mention the stunning view of Mt. Tamalpais, as well as all of the activities. I am thankful for this facility and would suggest it to anyone.

July 11, 2011

By 25jessica

My grandmother from my mother's side stays at the Tamalpais Nursing Home in Belvedere Tiburon, CA. It is a not-for-profit nursing home. This is actually a very decent nursing home, especially for the relatively modest expense charges they have. It is an average sized nursing home that has about 50 beds. The only method of payment that is accepted is Medicare, which does limit your options if you or a loved one is not one Medicare. The home itself is in pretty good condition, with spacious living arrangements that were clean and well-kept. There are also many certified nursing assistants and other licensed practical nurses who were available for questions or assistance. It is really one of those places where you feel that your loved one is in good hands. There are, of course, many better options in California. However, they are far more expensive as compared to the Tamalpais Nursing Home.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (5) See fewer reviews

• Tagalog
  • Vietnamese

• Pets: Small Pets

About Tamalpais

Tamalpais is a senior living provider in Larkspur, California that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Tamalpais for more details on services and rates.

Map of Tamalpais