The Regency

Reviews of The Regency

Assisted Living Reviews for The Regency

March 15, 2016

By Visitor121709150

A friend of mine chose The Regency. The rooms and staff are good. There are work areas and different activities always going on. The food seemed to be good, too, but could be improved.

November 24, 2015

By Kathy B2

My father is in The Regency, and it's beautiful. He's only been there for a couple of weeks. The residents are happy there, and I love it for him. Women were sitting in the lobby craftin beautiful necklaces and having the best time. They have so much going on there. They have Monday Night Football for the guys, bingo, dance, Pilates, people that come in and play music, and an entertainer at least once a week. They have professional swing dancers come in and dancing for the residents. There's so much to do there. My dad is not that mobile, but it's nice to know there are those opportunities for him if he wants to do something. The chef goes and eats lunch with the new residents and explains the menu to them and finds out what they like. They have a whole welcoming committee with people to take him around for the first week and try to engage him in different activities. It's very comparable cost-wise to the other places that I saw. I had only eaten there once with my dad. I had lasagna, my brother had tilapia, and my father had orange chicken. Those different choices were all in one meal, and they were good. My dad has been really enjoying the food. There's also a beautiful view of the Saddleback Mountains right on the patio. I would definitely recommend them, and I would live there.

August 14, 2015

By Rob7

The grounds are beautiful at the Regency. It’s located on a hillside. The hallways are 15 feet high, and they’ve got windows so it feels very bright. I think the staff is wonderful, they’re really a group that you can ask anyone a question, and none of them will say that’s not my job. They’ll take responsibility for the issue. The food is excellent, and my parents are very pleased with that. You can also eat at any time in the dining room. The rooms were pretty standard and clean with a small kitchenette.

January 17, 2015

By Sheri7

The Regency is not as nice as the other facility I visited. I noticed that everybody was very busy. They weren't quite as personable since Laguna Woods is extremely busy. The rooms there are not quite as bright and clean looking. They may well be clean and very nice, but they don't appear to be quite as bright. Some of the buildings are older, and the paint is a little dark.

March 26, 2014

By Lorraine24

My husband and I are at The Regency for a couple of three years now and we are taken care of pretty well by the staff here. We are very grateful that they are doing everything for us. We have three meals a day and the food is excellent. The dining room is very good. We do have lots of activities and entertainment here.

November 21, 2013

By Uwe

My mom is in The Regency right now. It is owned by Vintage Senior Care, and on their website, they have a number of facilities in this area. I live in that same area and since I want her to live closer to me, we looked at a couple of them and settled on this one. This was just the best one among others. It's a really nice place. My mom is really happy there. The facility is very clean and well-kept. They have friendly staff and there are lots of activities going on. My mom really enjoys this place. Food is good. If you want to substitute anything, my mom said that's never a problem. She asked for extra or something to take up to her room and it was never a problem. She's really happy with it. They also serve their residents as much as they want. I also ate there a couple of times with my mom and food is very good. Overall, we have nothing but good experience with this facility. I would definitively recommend them to others.

August 22, 2012

By JasonRowdy89

We had a chance to visit the Vintage Senior Living at the Regency center awhile back when we were considering moving my grandparents to a new location. This place was absolutely stunning. It felt like you were in a five star hotel. The dining room in particular had amazing chandeliers and was very elegant, which was nice but for eating in on a regular basis may be a little bit stuffy. This facility also had a great outdoor pool, but that was not really a feature that we were overly interested in. One of the things that we did particularly like was how outgoing and fun the staff was. You don't get this in many assisted living facilities. Not only did they seem caring and nice, but they seemed as if they genuinely wanted to make sure that the residents had a good time. The absolute best part about this location though were the grounds. Everything was so well groomed and taken care of and absolutely lush and beautiful. It was one of our top choices.

June 15, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Vintage Senior Living at The Regency assisted living facility while searching for a place for my cousin's mother to live in the area. The outside area was very nicely maintained.The grounds outside offer easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. We could see that there is also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics. The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. Communal activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors can easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many stimulating activities. Residents can also tend the garden. The facility can accommodate all levels of ambulation. The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture. Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offerede. The residents go on trips to visit the many art galleries and museums, eat at casual and fine restaurants and enjoy the many cultural events offered. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The residents here looked very content in their living environment and appeared very well cared for by kind and considerate staff.

October 03, 2011

By Liz3

I have visited my grandmother at this facility many times over the last 8 years. She lives an independent living area, in an apartment setting. It is a beautiful location, with the yards kept nicely mowed and many of the residence plan flowers or have the outside of their apartment decorated with hanging flower baskets. My grandmother, like many of the residence, enjoys a walk every evening, and chats with her neighbors. The facility also offers short trips to other cities for a few nights on occasion, and transportation for local shopping and errands. Although she doesn't participate too often, she has mentioned activities offered within the community for the residence, which is especially nice for the residence who don't have a car anymore, or whose mobility is limited. Residence can also be assured that the community is gated. Residence can request passes for family members, but if a visitor tries to enter without a guest pass, they must wait at the gate for the guards to call to the resident to approve the guest.

Independent Living Reviews for The Regency

Costs for The Regency

Photos of The Regency

Services and Amenities of The Regency

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $3000

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About The Regency

Take time to enjoy life's luxuries at The Regency. It is a unique retirement community with something for everyone. Enjoy the spa and heated pool. Exercise in the fitness center. Join friends for bridge or head into Laguna Beach for a day of shopping, art galleries and restaurants. And with housekeeping, laundry, and delectable meals at the onsite restaurant included, make for a maintenance-free lifestyle.

Independent Living at The Regency

As a resident at The Regency, you will find all kinds of opportunities for social connections, health and wellness activities, and the comforts and conveniences to help simplify life. Here are the included services for independent living:

• Exceptional restaurant-style dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Weekly housekeeping and flat linen room services
  • Full calendar of social, cultural, educational, and recreational activities and programs
  • Health and fitness classes
  • 24-hour emergency call system and onsite staff
  • Scheduled group transportation services to doctors’ appointments, shopping, events and entertainment
  • Utilities (except phone), access to WiFi, heating and air conditioning
  • Interior and exterior care and maintenance of all residences, common areas and grounds

Assisted Living at The Regency

The Regency’s assisted living services take a “whole-person” approach to wellness, and are tailored to meet your needs, now and in the future. Services can be dialed up, or back, at any time, so you are always getting the help you need. Residents choosing assisted living services enjoy all of the service amenities and common areas as listed above, as well as highly-personalized care services as needed to support independence and wellness. Here are the additional services offered in assisted living:

• Restaurant-style dining choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Weekly housekeeping, personal and linen laundry service
  • Help with daily activities, including bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Assistance with managing medications
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • A holistic personal wellness plan that supports the whole “you”—physical, spiritual, emotional, social and intellectual

As a resident at The Regency, you will find a CARF-Accredited community with all kinds of lifestyle opportunities for social connections, health, and wellness activities through our ZEST™ Wellness, along with all the comforts and conveniences of care services to help simplify life.

Map of The Regency