Las Palmas Laguna Woods, CA

Reviews of Las Palmas

Assisted Living Reviews for Las Palmas

January 19, 2016

By Happy Visitor26

Everybody at Las Palmas was fine. We went in and had lunch. They were very nice, and the food was good. They showed us around, and it was very pleasant. The rooms were OK, although on the small side, but nice.

December 28, 2015

By Joan118043750

I am currently at Vintage Senior Living at Las Palmas – Laguna Woods. The staff is pretty caring and efficient. I'm sure there's always room for improvement as the med techs and caregivers are not always on the same page, but for the most part, I think they are very caring. They have a very good chef here that feeds us. They probably could improve just a little bit on having maybe some foods with more complex carbohydrates rather than plain carbohydrates, but for the most part, I don’t have any problem ordering either breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

November 24, 2015

By caringRD

We liked Vintage Senior Living at Las Palmas for the cost per square footage and the amenities. My mother-in-law also lives there, and she's very pleased. It has been a good experience, so far. We've been here for three weeks now. They do more in the summer than the winter because we're down by the beach, and it's pretty cold. There's transportation for doctors' appointments and special trips to the grocery store, department stores, malls, or pharmacies. There are also activities on-site, but I have not had time to get involved. I know that my mother-in-law really enjoys the movies in their movie room. The food is really good and very healthy with no salt, no sugar, and fresh vegetables every day and every night. The staff is extremely helpful and very accommodating, and they know you by your first name as soon as you get here, which is amazing. It's an older building, but they have done great in terms of refurbishing the inside and keeping the outside well groomed. Everything is clean, and if you have a problem within the apartment, maintenance comes and deals with it.

May 01, 2015

By concerned_family_member

My mom was in Memory Care Unit and we pulled her out after a few months. BEWARE - this PLACE OVERSELLS and DOES NOT DELIVER quality care for elderly. The Memory Care floor is tremendously understaffed, poorly managed and they make major mistakes. We got sold a lot of marketing and little real service. So disappointed with Las Palmas whose staff made mistakes with medications several times. They did not have enough people working to care for how ill the residents are so we moved out FAST --and so did many others.

September 23, 2014

At Las Palmas (Vintage Senior Living), we really like the friendliness of the place. It is very open and very welcoming. My loved one has a studio room. It is a very nice room. We are very happy with it. It has a little kitchenette and a bathroom. There is a very nice view of the pool. She has a small balcony, so it is very light and airy. She doesn't feel closed-in. Also she loves the food at Las Palmas. They have a nice salad bar. There is a special menu everyday and if you don't like that, you can order from the regular menu. She is very happy with the food.

November 28, 2013

I just liked Vintage Senior Living. The rooms and the grounds are lovely. The staff is very nice and thorough. The people were also nice. She has only been there for two weeks, so I really don?t know much about the facility. For the memory care area, I would like to see that they have a space where the residents can go in and out freely.

October 21, 2013

What I like most about Las Palmas is the entire facility, the ambience of the facility, the staff, the service that they provide, the grounds in which they're located and the resources they provide including enclosed patio with pool. It's much like a garden apartment complex. The dining area is very comfortable. The architecture there is very welcoming. It's a little bit like a theme restaurant and the food so far in the several weeks we've been here has been excellent. Breakfast, lunch and dinner have been more than quite satisfactory. The only thing that's missing is a bottle of wine with dinner.

June 28, 2013

By phishomi

Overall very impressed with facilities, activities and intake procedure. Employees to genuinely care. Excellent food facilities (@June 2013). Weekly cleaning acceptable. Need to be cognizant of rent points/charges so you can determine monthly service charge. Also be aware of what can cost extra, such as room delivery of meals.

February 28, 2012

By logansmama

My Grandmother is a resident of Las Palmas for a few years. The facility is always clean and the halls, rails, and walls of the facility are always clean and there is no trash anywhere. They have a pool and I believe a water aerobics program. Every time my grandmother has needed help the staff is right there to help and attend to her needs quickly. They are prompt when it comes to assisting with dinner or a bath and never make her wait very long if it is an emergency. The apartment she lives in is small, and they help clean as well. I don't believe they allow pets. I've never seen one and I have my grandmothers cat, so I don't believe they allow pets. They have a really nice outdoor seating area with a big fireplace and a small golf green or putting area for the residents. All in all I think we made a good decision on where we could put grandma. She likes it and there have been no problems. She has friends there and seems happy. I would recommend Las Palmas to anyone looking to put their loved one in assisted care or temporary medical care.

September 09, 2011

By WonderfulDay58

This facility was provided for my uncle through medicare and I don't think he could have gotten a better facility. It was clean, the nurses were very kind and professional and the place did not smell like a dirty bathroom like so many places do. The food was out of this world with plenty of choices and snacks anytime my uncle wanted them. Unfortunately the care he received quickly turned into hospice care and he was moved to a different nurses station and into a room directly across for the station. This was for the best as he was becoming very frail and actually fell out of bed a couple of times. His room door was wedged open and had orders posted on it, not to shut it. This permitted the nursing staff to keep a constant eye on him. The nurses were top knotch in my view because even though he was confined to his bed and had become pretty much non respondant, they still came in to see him regularly. They would talk to him and he got to feel there caring touch because every one of them made it a point to touch him. You could easily tell he saw comfortable and happy. At one point I asked the nurse's station if they might be able to get him in a wheelchair the next day and take him outside to the atrium so he could feel the sun and breath the fresh air. He loved the sun as he went to the beach almost everyday for the last 15 years of his life. The next day when I came to see him the head nurse told me that they were able to take him outside and he spent almost an hour out there. She advised me though that it was probably not a wise idea to do it again as he was so frail getting him out of bed with out hurting him was very difficult. He passed 3 days later but I can tell you that he was very pleased with his last days because it really showed in his eyes. I think he even developed a crush on one nurse in particular. I am so that his care was so good.

Independent Living Reviews for Las Palmas

Questions about Las Palmas

What programs or activities does Las Palmas offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a Zest program that embodies mind, body, and spirit centered activities.

What transportation services does Las Palmas offer to assisted living residents?

We offer 5 days a week to either personal and scheduled doctors appointments. We can also assist on the weekends!

How does Las Palmas keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

LifeLoop is our new communication tool, to send updates for events, activities and family communication.

If Las Palmas accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We do allow your furry friends at Las Palmas. We have a lot of walking space outdoors and our courtyard for them to enjoy!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are right next to Laguna Woods. We have several shopping centers walking distance, local grocery stores, fitness centers, golf course, churches, parks etc.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have a fitness center, gym, pool, spa, card rooms, puzzle rooms, theatre, club rooms, community room, convenient store and so much more open space to enjoy in.

Costs for Las Palmas

Photos of Las Palmas

Services and Amenities of Las Palmas

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Las Palmas

Set in picturesque Laguna Woods, Las Palmas boasts a coastal location and temperate climate. This much sought after retirement community offers a resort-like atmosphere, but is just minutes from everything. Relax with the paper as you soak in the morning under an outdoor courtyard trellis. Meet friends for a trip to the Pageant of the Masters and Laguna Beach Festival of the Arts. Or, take a dip in the heated pool and fire up the BBQ after. Try a fitness program like yoga and tai chi or learn how to watercolor. And find sanctuary in your own residence—perfect for enjoying the beautiful seaside weather all year long. Independent Living at Las Palmas.

Here are the included services for independent living

• Exceptional restaurant-style dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Weekly housekeeping and flat linen laundry services
  • Full calendar of social, cultural, educational, and recreational activities and programs
  • Health and fitness classes
  • 24-hour emergency call system and onsite staff
  • Scheduled group transportation services to doctors’ appointments, shopping, events and entertainment
  • Utilities (except phone), heating and air conditioning
  • Interior and exterior care and maintenance of all residences, common areas and grounds

Assisted Living at Las Palmas

Las Palmas’ assisted living services take a “whole-person” approach to wellness, and are tailored to meet your needs, now and in the future. Services can be dialed up, or back, at any time, so you are always getting the help you need. Residents choosing assisted living services enjoy the service amenities and common areas as listed above, as well as personalized care services as needed to support independence and wellness. Here are the additional services offered in assisted living:

• Restaurant-style dining choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Weekly housekeeping, personal and flat linen laundry service
  • Help with daily activities, including bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Assistance with managing medications
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • A holistic personal wellness plan that supports the whole “you”—physical, spiritual, emotional, social and intellectual

Memory Care at Las Palmas

Las Palmas’ Enliven™ Memory Care offers personalized care within a secure residential environment. Our carefully selected and trained staff works closely with memory-impaired residents and their families, developing individualized and innovative programs. Our Memory Care is also all-inclusive. Here are the services provided in our memory care residences:

• Three family-style meals served daily
  • Secured, residential environment
  • Specially-designed common areas and outdoor courtyard
  • Interior and outdoor walking paths
  • Studio and one-bedroom floorplans with private bath and shower
  • Weekly housekeeping, personal and flat linen laundry service
  • 24-hour staffing and emergency call system
  • Scheduled group transportation
  • Help with daily activities, including bathing, dressing and grooming
  • Assistance with managing medications
  • Licensed nurse on staff
  • A full calendar of social, cultural and recreational activity programming that maximizes independence while focusing on strength and abilities
  • An environment (physical, social, and cultural) designed to encourage and support independence
  • Personalized care services to meet the changing needs of each resident
  • All utilities (except phone)

As a resident at Las Palmas, you will find a CARF-Accredited community with all kinds of lifestyle opportunities for social connections, health, and wellness activities through our ZEST™ Wellness, along with all the comforts and conveniences of care services to help simplify life.

Map of Las Palmas