Grossmont Gardens

Reviews of Grossmont Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Grossmont Gardens

August 25, 2021

By Lora

I liked the people at Grossmont Gardens. My mother moved in there. Everybody was really friendly and really helpful. The rooms were really nice. There is a lot of light and trees around there. It was just a really beautiful setting for my mom. There are people in and out, helping her all the time. Before she went in there she was very depressed, and now she is just so happy. Every time I walk in the room she has a smile on her face, and we sit there and talk about the people who are helping her, and she is so excited. She loves the food. I had one meal there with her, and it was very good. The dining room is very pleasant; it has a lot of outside light, so the rooms are well lit and have nice views. It's only fifteen minutes from me. It's close to everything; the hospital's right there. There's all kinds of shopping right by her. It's all within a fifteen-minute drive.

May 29, 2019

By CW

We went to Grossmont Gardens. We were most impressed with it. They had nursing care as well. It was fairly large, very organized, professional, and sort of a corporate take. The sales staff was very friendly as well as professional. They have transportation to doctor's appointments and daily activities. The place's cleanliness was good.

May 17, 2019

By Vanessa

My father-in-law just got his keys to Grossmont Gardens. I love it, they're very kind, and very personable. The staff that I've seen has been very on top of everything because we've had to go back several times and each time we speak to different people. Each person has done everything we wanted them to do. The living atmosphere is perfect and the room is fine. It's 600 sq. ft.,so it's a tiny place, but it will work for one person and a cat. We tried the food, it was good, and the dining area was very clean. It's very well organized and everybody felt at home. They have bingo, movie nights, and they take them out shopping once a week.

September 17, 2017

By Diane

We chose Grossmont Gardens, and it was among the more reasonable places to live. Mother really likes living there. The people are great, the food is good, and they have a lot of activities. She moved into the assisted living. They have crafts, all kinds of card games, and Bingo. They have movies available, a church onsite, and exercise classes that residents can go to. They have a variety of good, quality food. She thinks the portions are too big, but she can ask for smaller portions, and she does that. She's happy living there.

April 18, 2017

By Dawn612632

My mom has been in Grossmont Gardens since Friday and so far, everything is working out wonderfully. The food is good, and she is very happy. They have lots of classes, like exercises for the brain, and then they also take them on tours on Thursdays and Sundays. They were taking a bunch of people on a tour when I was there, and it was really nice. All of the people are very knowledgeable, informative, and very helpful when you are in a position of not knowing what you are doing.

February 02, 2017

By Andrew578087

I visited Grossmont Gardens. Their staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and well sized. The place was bright, happy, and clean.

November 29, 2016

By Bert602714

My mother-in-law is in Grossmont Gardens now. Our overall experience is good. They are attentive and have been very good. The caregivers are always there when you need them. The food is adequate, and the activities are appropriate for a skilled nursing facility.

August 17, 2016

By Thomas573114

Overall, we were impressed with Grossmont Gardens, and I think we would have gone with it if my mother wanted to stay there. The one negative was that depending on what unit you get, you could be a long way from the dining room. It didn’t seem built specifically for the elderly, and it seemed more like a hotel that had been converted.

May 10, 2016

By Cole2

Grossmont was pretty excellent. Cleanliness and location were excellent. The staff was extremely friendly.

May 10, 2016

By A Fellow ReviewerTDLNS

My husband is at Grossmont Gardens. They take good care of him, and he is not easy to get along with, so they have their hands full. He seems to be OK eating their food. The rooms are fine. Right now, he is by himself. This is his fourth facility he has been in, and this is one of the nicer ones. Everybody smiles and says hello. The staff is fine and doing a good job.

November 22, 2015

By Judy H.1

I visited Grossmont Gardens for my mother. Before we started, everybody was supposed to be notified that I was coming, but they didn’t have me on the books to come. The staff was still very polite, though, and helped me. I was welcomed graciously by the person who showed me around. I found the exterior to be pleasant. The rooms were of a good size. I felt comfortable having nursing care available on-site, which was assuring. They seemed to have good safety features, and the place was clean. It seemed to be a good fit for my mom. A positive thing about this facility was that different, good care options were available. They have a swimming pool and nice dining room areas.

May 24, 2015

By Ruth105687850

It is a very nice facility, but it was a little too independent for her. The residents seemed very happy. The food was good.

Independent Living Reviews for Grossmont Gardens

May 21, 2022

By Andrea

I toured Grossmont Gardens, and I liked that they had a lovely pool, lots of trees and greenery outside. I liked the floor plans, too. I saw two studios and a one-bedroom, and they were nice and large with patios. I just met the one gal who took us around, and she was very nice and very helpful. Some people who had pets had little fenced areas, which was nice. There were just repairs that I felt were needed in the building.

April 28, 2022

By Melinda

I went to tour Grossmont Gardens. They're very friendly staff. They're very attentive to the time of the appointment. They're very free with showing me the grounds and the apartments. I got a very good impression overall. It's comforting and it is truly independent living. The residents have a lot of freedom to make their own decisions. The meals are included, and it seems like a nice menu. The snacks and buffet are pretty much available throughout the day for a lighter fare. I didn't taste any of the food, so I don't know what it tastes like, but it was a very nice dining area setting. They offer continuum care. They have other facilities for memory care and for advancement in age or condition depending on what the resident needs.

March 31, 2022

By Sherree

I went to see Grossmont Gardens assisted living. I loved it and it's a fabulous place, and the only reason why it wouldn't work for my step-brother is that he's legally blind. For him to traverse the aisles and the hallways, it just wouldn't work. He needs to be in a building, like a hotel or an apartment building type. I wanted to live there myself because it's lovely. The woman who took me around, she's the facilitator of interviews and the people coming in and wanting to view, was just wonderful. She was very caring, very bubbly, very friendly, and she took me to a couple of apartments that were there. It would have been perfect for him if it was more like one building. My dad lived there too and he liked it very much. He already passed away but he used to live there so it's my favorite. The grounds are beautiful. I tasted the food when my dad was there. I ate with him a few times because you could have a visitor there and just pay $5 for their meal. The food was fine, I liked it and they had plenty of food available. If you wanted a snack, you could also come in and you could have some fruit or cookies. There's food available for the residents other than just the ones on the designated meal times so that was very nice. I saw a few of their activities. I didn't get a chance to look at all of what's available but they had a board up of what was going to go on that day and it looked like it would be something that most seniors would be able to attend.

March 25, 2022

By Reviewer#RD03142022h

Grossmont Gardens was a very upbeat, active community. I wanted a very social community, and they had a very social community. They are a very social community, very upbeat, and positive. It's very well-maintained and very cheery. In addition to the beautiful grounds, they have a 24-hour health care opportunity. In fact, in each room, we have a pad on the wall that we can push if we need to see a medical person right away. That's number one. Number two is that they also have a board outside each apartment that we are going to be activating. Every morning when we get up, we got to push it to the a.m. side that lets the apartment ladies know that we got up this morning, and that our health is OK. And if they don't see this push over to a.m., when they sent the housekeeper in, they will go in wanting to see if we're OK, so we get a daily check to make sure we're OK. There's a library, there's the church opportunity, there is a gift shop, and there is a place where they would have exercise classes, and they serve three meals a day plus snacks. I've viewed the eating area and the eating room, and they were all lovely and very nice.

March 04, 2022

By Kelly

I went to look at Grossmont Gardens, and they were great. They determined that my husband would need to go into assisted living. But my husband was a fall risk, so they had to deny him. I toured their facility, library, and everything. They have an assisted living wing. I liked the place, and the ladies were nice. It was set up very well. For the money, they were very reasonable.

December 10, 2021

By Rafael

We went to Grossmont Gardens to look at their independent living. They also have a nursing home and assisted living. The people were very friendly and nice. They gave me a little parting gift, which I thought was nice too. The place looked good and the dining room looked nice. They had sit down services, nicer outdoor areas, and larger apartments. It was nice, but it came with a more expensive price tag. They had activities and different facilities like sitting rooms and library rooms. The woman that gave me the tour was very nice. She took the time to answer my questions and was pleasant. I liked that they had special offers/promotions, and I was interested in that because it seemed to have an opportunity to get my dad in on one of these promotions, and it'll make it way more affordable.

October 30, 2021

By Debbie

My mother is in Grossmont Gardens. Their care is very nice, the people are very thoughtful, and they're right on top of everything. She's getting excellent care there from very friendly people. It's older than most of the other places that are out there or that we looked at, but they keep the gardens very nice and it looks just fine. But it isn't a new facility, that's for sure. Because of the COVID thing, they aren't doing very much, and they're rather boring around there. And I think it would have a higher rating if it weren't pandemic time. The activities are almost nonexistent. They played bingo daily, and mom says you can only play so much bingo. They don't have much getting together, but that's due to the current situation. The staff is doing a good job. They have a beauty salon, they have a library, and they have a little store.

February 24, 2021

By ReviewerAT#0129

I am living in Grossmont Gardens, and I've been here for about a year and a half now. It's a nice community, and I like it here. I have a studio with a kitchen and a bathroom. The staff is great. It's difficult right now because we can't go to the dining room, but the staff delivers three meals a day if you want it. The food is OK. It's just really a nice place. When we're not in COVID, the grounds are wonderful to walk and there's plenty of sidewalks to walk on. The people are very nice, and it's easy to make friends if that's what you want. I'm very happy here. I actually have somebody to help me with my shower, which I don't really need, but I don't wanna fall. I have laundry and I have housekeeping, and that's still considered independent. I also do my own meds. I take care of myself other than those things.

July 24, 2019

By ReviewerAT0712B

We toured Grossmont Gardens. The room was nice, and they had a lot of amenities, like a swimming pool and a putting green. They had cards, bingo, pool tables, and movies. The food was OK, and my mom seemed to like it.

August 15, 2016

By Joseph074165

I have selected Grossmont Gardens. I like the unit because it has a walk-in closet, a bigger living room, and a good-sized bedroom. I am in the independent living area. The food is not anything spectacular, but it's decent. They have activities every day, and you can be busy all day long if you want.

September 23, 2014

We found Grossmont Gardens and we're happy with it. My father is still in the process of moving in. It has a full spectrum of care and the staff is extremely pleasant. The room he will be moving into is in the independent living part and it is very nice.

Questions about Grossmont Gardens

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Grossmont Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active Seniors, average age is approximately 86, social. Typically enjoy outings, walking, reading, cards, exercise & happy hour

What programs or activities does Grossmont Gardens offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Walking Tall- Fall prevention, second wind dreams, religious services, Port of Call, Vitality Club, Vintage Club

What places are near Grossmont Gardens or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Shopping mall, movie theater, parks, lake, restaurants

What transportation services does Grossmont Gardens offer to assisted living residents?

Community Bus- Runs 7 days a week, no charge. Private Transportation- by appointment for a fee

What makes the chef or dining program at Grossmont Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Anytime dining from 7am-7pm, full-time baker on staff, soups made from scratch daily, Ala Carte options & full menu, salad bar, able to manage various diets.

What safety features or security measures does Grossmont Gardens offer to assisted living residents?

Pull-Cord & intercom systems monitored by nursing staff 24 hours a day. Nightly rounds from security company. 2-hour checks.

How does Grossmont Gardens keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Open line of communication with nursing and administration. Personalized care plan meetings.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Grossmont Gardens during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing varied based on acuity levels

If Grossmont Gardens accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

9 acres of grounds with walkways and gardens

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly Continuing Education courses for staff. Staff in-service training

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Grossmont Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active Seniors, 60+, social. Typically enjoy outings, walking, reading, cards, exercise & happy hour

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping mall, movie theater, parks, lake, restaurants, casinos

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Grossmont Gardens has organized?

Lunch outings, casino trips, Carlsbad flower fields, SD County fair

What transportation services does Grossmont Gardens offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Grossmont Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Library, pool, auditorium, coffee shop, atrium, putting green, courtyards, gazebo

What safety features or security measures does Grossmont Gardens offer to independent living residents?

Pull-Cord & intercom systems monitored by nursing staff 24 hours a day. Nightly rounds from security company. Twice daily checks.

9 acres of grounds with walkways and gardens

Does Grossmont Gardens work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

On-site 24 hour nursing.

What safety features or security measures does Grossmont Gardens provide to protect residents who wander?

Community does not accept residents that wander.

Costs for Grossmont Gardens

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: License# 374604060, 080000337

• Get Costs

About Grossmont Gardens

Residents of Grossmont Gardens are proud of the independence they maintain and enjoy the security of 24-hour personalized assistance. While we offer a helping hand with day-to-day tasks such as dressing, bathing and medication monitoring, they are treated as the accomplished individuals they are. They enjoy the freedom of choosing their own agenda and activities, while feeling secure in knowing that we are always there to provide support should they need it.

Map of Grossmont Gardens