Kingston Bay Senior Living

Reviews of Kingston Bay Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Kingston Bay Senior Living

January 27, 2021

By Rev1229

Kingston Bay Senior Living was lovely. It just seemed like they were more for independent living than what my parents needed. They needed more help than what they could give. It was beautiful. I really can't say much more about it than that. I only went once and I did not see much staff running around anywhere. I don't know how many people were there during the time I went, but it was very, very quiet. The staff who attended to us was very nice. I just felt that my parents needed more care than what they could provide. The facility was beautiful, clean and quiet.

March 24, 2020

By scott2111

My mother was there for over a year. Unfortunately, she recently passed. The compassion and care that we received while my mother was passing was outstanding. We could never have expected better or more intimate care from a community..We thank everyone who works at Kingston Bay. They made a very terrible situation....as nice it could ever have been. I recommend Kingston Bay will all my heart and soul.

Good afternoon, I hope your day is going well. Thank you for taking the time to rate Kingston Bay five-stars. We appreciate your kind words about our community. We know that losing a loved one is extremely challenging, and we send our condolences to you and your family. Hearing that you've had a positive experience with our community during this time lets us know that we are achieving our goal of providing care and support to our families. If you need anything from us during this time, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you again, and have a great rest of your day.

July 04, 2018

By Bob

Overall, Kingston Bay Senior Living was good. The check-in process was very good. The guests versus the people that are taking care of them are also good. In my opinion, they could have just been better trained. My mom was in their memory care.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Bob! The Kingston Bay team works very hard so your positive review means a lot to them. Thank you for taking a few minutes to share your experience at Kingston Bay, Katie - Digital Marketing

August 21, 2017

By Steve

Kingston Bay was very nice, but very new, so there weren't that many people yet. There also weren't a lot of activities going on. The place is really clean and absolutely beautiful.

August 04, 2017

By concernedfriend52

A friend of the family is currently staying at Kingston Bay and we are looking to move her. I don't think Kingston Bay is a safe environment for their residents. They are short staffed with two or three care providers on the floor at one time. The managers are running around trying to fill in the gaps. Their activities manager is off site driving residents, the marketing people are doing maintenance and the billing clerk is acting as receptionist. There have been three on site managers in less than one year and none have been warm towards residents or family members. After managers leave for the day, it is a ghost town. Good luck finding anyone. Residents let themselves in and out of the building with no checks and balances. Sadly, our list of complaints goes on for Kingston Bay. It is our recent complaint which has been going on for at least five days,that is the most concerning, there is no internet service. Which we found out today, effects their main phone lines. We tried to call in and no one ever answered and upon further checking found out it was all related. What does a facility do with no phone lines? Isn't this a safety violation for the residents? Who came up with the idea to have a phone that is connected through the internet? This shows another level of cost savings that Kingston goes to without regard to safety. It is just one thing and then another with Kingston Bay. It is a beautiful building, but it needs help. Maybe in a year or two they can straighten out, until then we strongly encourage looking elsewhere unless like us, your family member becomes the test market.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Milestone Retirement's Support Center. First, I'm so sorry to hear of the issues your friend is experiencing at Kingston Bay. You are correct, Kingston Bay is a new community, and there are definitely some logistical kinks to work out, but they should never interfere with care. Care should always come first. I've sent your comments to our Sr. VP of Ops for the West division. She is traveling to a large regional meeting, so it will be a good time for her to share your concerns with other key decision makers. My apologies once more - we look forward to resolving these issues ASAP. Sincerely, Katie - Digital Marketing

June 13, 2017

By annamous40

Family member of former resident. Sales basically tell you want to hear to get your money. It is a beautiful facility, but beauty isnt everything. Quality is horrible. Not enough employees. Huge turnover. Pendents that residents wear are useless. It takes 15 to 30 minutes for someone to respond. The receptionists, Raquel and Krystal I think that is her name whonworks weekends are fantastic and professional. Its the management, business pratice and ethics that are negative. Broken promises. I spoke to other concern family members and residents and we basically agree, Don't move your love one here.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Milestone Retirement's support center. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience at Kingston Bay. I shared your review with our Sr. VP of Operations,and she'd like to know more details about your experience. If you have anything else to add, or would be open to speaking with her personally, please send your contact information in a private message: https://www.facebook.com/kingstonbayseniorliving/. My apologies once more, Katie - Milestone Retirement- Digital Marketing

June 13, 2017

By EK

This place made it seem as if they could fulfill the needs for my uncle. Once he moved in our family started noticing they didn't have enough staff. Staff was very misleading telling us transportation was available, once he moved in is when we were told transportation was only available til 530pm. After coming back from dialysis he had to wait outside for 30 min for someone to open the door for him. We had a meeting with milestone we expressed our concerns, at that point we were asked if "we were just not happy and didn't like it there" .., our response was we didn't want what was happening to our family to happen to another. That same evening we received a Call from my uncle confused and we called the front desk to go check on him.. after waiting over an hour we found out his blood sugar was at 90 it took another hour for someone to call us to let us know what was going on. Please keep in mind he was suppose to be checked on every 2 hours by staff. Just beware and get things in writing from them.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Milestone Retirement's support center. First, I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience at Kingston Bay. I've been in close contact with our Sr. VP of Operations in reference to your frustrations surrounding your uncle's residency. If you have anything else to add, or would like to speak with her personally, please don't hesitate to send your contact information in a private message: https://www.facebook.com/kingstonbayseniorliving/. My apologies once more, Katie - Milestone Retirement- Digital Marketing

October 27, 2016

By Demi830628

Kingston was beautiful, and I like the room setup with a Jack and Jill bathroom. I like the sharing of the bathroom and how the actual drawers all had locks. The rooms were of great sizes, and I love the color schemes. The dining area was nice, small, and intimate.

Memory Care Reviews for Kingston Bay Senior Living

Questions about Kingston Bay Senior Living

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Dementia care in services and training is a constant for our staff.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Kingston Bay Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Kingston Bay offers independent and assisted living as well as memory support.

What programs or activities does Kingston Bay Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a fulltime care and nursing time here to support our residents. We also offer in house physical, occupational and speech therapy.

What places are near Kingston Bay Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are nestled in a quiet residential neighborhood and only 5 minutes away from shopping, dining and a movie theater.

What transportation services does Kingston Bay Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

We offer scheduled transportation five days per week to and from appointments, dining, shopping and outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Kingston Bay Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer flavorful restaurant style dining with custom chef prepared meals. We offer daily specials as well as an always available menu to choose from!

What safety features or security measures does Kingston Bay Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

The health, happiness and safety of our residents always comes first!

How does Kingston Bay Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Family and friends are welcome to visit with our residents in their apartments and in our outdoor patios.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Kingston Bay Senior Living during daytime and nighttime hours?

We always make sure to staff amply to support our residents.

If Kingston Bay Senior Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We continually offer in services and training for our staff. We want to make sure that our care staff is well trained and comfortable taking care of our residents.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We are amply staffed according to how many residents we have. Their care and safety are of the utmost importance.

What safety features or security measures does Kingston Bay Senior Living provide to protect residents who wander?

We offer a memory care area that is monitored and has safety Egress doors to ensure the safety of our residents.

What programs or activities does Kingston Bay Senior Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our LIfe & Leisure Director makes sure to create engaging activities, outings and entertainment daily for our residents.

We not only have a full care team at Kingston Bay but also have multiple LVNs on staff.

What techniques does Kingston Bay Senior Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Mealtimes are always staffed with care team to monitor and help our residents should they need assistance. Our culinary team creates custom meals to our residents needs and specifications.

How does Kingston Bay Senior Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Communication with our residents and their families is very important to us.

Describe the neighborhood around Kingston Bay Senior Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a beautiful, quiet location in Northwest Fresno. We are conveniently located near shopping and dining.

Is Kingston Bay Senior Living affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Kingston Bay can offer a very high level of care as well as physical, occupational and speech therapy. We have a concierge physician to see our residents in the comfort of their own home. We are happy to coordinate with any of the nearby hospitals should our residents need additional medical attention.

Costs for Kingston Bay Senior Living

Photos of Kingston Bay Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Kingston Bay Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Dining Extra: Chef Created Freshly Prepared Meals,Individual Resident Needs And Preferences, Dining Services Are Flexible

• Coffee Shop

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: 107206939
  • State Licenses: CA License

About Kingston Bay Senior Living

Welcome to Kingston Bay Senior Living, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care in the heart of Fresno. Life at Kingston Bay Senior Living starts with spacious, elegant appointed, and amenity-rich surroundings, coupled with exceptional, personalized and supportive care. Assisted living and Memory Care are delivered by a dedicated staff who are on-site 24 hours a day. Programs and services are designed to promote independence, provide choice, and enhance our residents' quality of life.

24/7 staffing with personal pendant system with fall detection technology, giving peace of mind knowing someone is close by -- Intriguing educational programs; continued lifelong learning -- Various Floor Plans; find your ideal home -- Spacious apartments

Map of Kingston Bay Senior Living