Atria Fresno

Reviews of Atria Fresno

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Fresno

January 13, 2016

By Irene31

I visited Brookdale Fresno, and the place looked very happy, but I felt it wasn’t clean enough. It looked a little dumpy to me. The staff was lovely. I could not believe that the residents were so active and busy. They were doing puzzles, playing games, reading books, and even having a wine tasting.

December 16, 2015

By Gay3

My parents like it at Brookdale Fresno because they have a private balcony that overlooked the swimming pool, and it was very big two-bedroom apartment. They always have something for the residents to do. They have choirs and other people that play guitar. They always try to get the residents occupied. The place is a little bit older, but other than that, it’s a really nice place.

October 23, 2015

By anonymous lady1

Brookdale is very nice. I enjoyed my visit so much, and I’m moving there on November 1st. The rooms were very nice, and the food was very good.

August 22, 2015

I had a friend there before when it was still Carrington Point, and the last time we went there, they have redone everything. They did all of the outside, the inside has all different colors, new furniture, everything has been remodeled, and it looks absolutely fantastic. I really enjoyed the marketing gal that talked with me. She was very pleasant, she wasn’t pushy, and I thought more of those places should have somebody like her. She did also show me assisted living and apartments.

July 31, 2015

Brookdale Fresno is new. It was very friendly and very clean. I have Celiac sprue, so I need a special gluten-free diet. The marketing person we dealt with there had the chef come in and talk to us, and I felt very good about if we decided to move there that they would be able to help me and prepare food that would be safe for me to eat. Their room would be adequate enough to meet our needs. They did mention that there would be bus trips and activities to do even there onsite.

June 20, 2015

Brookdale was one that did have veterans' aid. My husband is elderly, of course, but I like him to be around other people that might be veterans. Everybody doesn't have to be a veteran, but I thought it would be nice, and they happen to list that they had veterans' aid. I liked the neighborhood, it looked clean, and I didn't have any problems finding some place to park that I didn't have to walk two miles to get there. I liked the location. It wasn't in a bad part of town. It looked secured.

December 22, 2014

By Beverly47

Carrington Pointe Fresno would be my first choice for my mother. I like the rooms. The room sizes were good. I also like that they have a living room separate from the bedroom part of it, so if my mother did have visitors, it wouldn't be like they would have to visit from her bedroom. They were remodeling this place inside, and it was very nice. Their activities didn't seem to disrupt the residents. My mom likes this place too.

December 10, 2014

By Betty96806850

I would never recommend Carrington Pointe. The facilities weren't nice, and the price was high. The staff was not friendly. They didn't know a lot of things that we asked them. We were not impressed.

August 27, 2014

By janyne1284

I loved Carrington and it is on the top of my list. But the day we went there, they said if you sign up today her rent will be a certain amount and that it would stay that way. But you'd have to sign up right at that moment. I don’t really care for this tactic. If I can’t make it today, we can do it tomorrow. Mom really liked it given she has friends who live there. They do have continuing care as well, so that would be a plus. She is 91, so I know that as time goes by she is going to need more and more care. Their apartments were very nice and large. They didn’t have any studios -- they were all one-bedroom units with a kitchen. This facility offered Lifeline. They checked on residents if they weren’t there for breakfast in the morning and they checked on residents before they went to bed, too. The staff was very personable when I went around and asked the people who currently live there. There are activities and the activity director made a point of coming in introducing herself to us. They have a chorus and my mother used to sing. They have crafts and reading classes, a book club, as well as card games -- there’s a lot going on.

June 25, 2014

By Marie36

We looked at a room at Carrington Pointe. He has visited people there before that were friends of his, so he liked it. It was very clean, and it smelled nice. You can have a kitchen in your room. The inhabitants were very friendly. They were engaged in activities, such as bingo. They have a nice reading library. They let the people do their own little thing if they can. For instance, one man was allowed to have a bird feeder outside, which I think was very important. The staff was very friendly, nice people. It was the one we liked the best. The best thing is the freedom of pursuing something that you really like to do.

March 20, 2014

By Bob81191250

I know some people in Carrington Pointe. It’s a very large facility and they have a nice dining room. The staff is very good. They have various activities for the residents.

January 31, 2014

By Linda57801150

My dad was at Carrington Pointe. He stayed there for about two and a half months. He didn't like that very well. They sold it out to him as having a Jacuzzi and a pool. When he moved in, he was under the impression that the Jacuzzi would work; however, the whole time that he was there, they couldn't get the Jacuzzi to work, so he was very frustrated with that. Also there were a lot of old people in there and he didn't like that. It was depressing for him. The facility was really big and confusing; we got lost there a lot. They have two floors with an elevator but when the elevator broke down, my dad never made it to the lunch room on time. That was really hard for him. They were good though because they would bring him a sandwich or whatever it was on the menu if he would miss that. Also he could order breakfast and they would bring it to his room. He liked the food there. For accommodation, my dad was in like a temporary room. He had a balcony. It was nice but it was more like a hotel room. Regarding the staff, for the most part they were really great and they were really responsive. However, I think they were so busy because sometimes they forgot things and that would frustrate him. For activities, they did have a lot of stuff going on there but they weren't right for him. He doesn't like to play bingo or talk to older people. Overall, it was a nice place and a lot of people were very happy there but my dad was not.

October 01, 2013

By Missingcarrington

my mom lived there. The staff was so nice and helpful. They had lots of activities and a weekly mix and mingle with food drinks and entertainment. We looked at the top 3 facilities in Fresno and this one felt right. Moms room was so nice and cozy and I miss going there.

September 24, 2013

By Vernita1

I liked the lady that took me around Carrington Pointe. I liked it very much and it was actually second on my list.

November 20, 2012

By Jonah1

To make a long story short, I really like the facility. It had a sense of homeliness, that everyone there was accepted as an equal, and everyone was treated with care and dignity. I had no problems with this facility, they took care of an elderly friend with compassion. I would recommend Carrington Pointe to anyone who may need a bit of assistance in their lives. They have a heated pool and Jacuzzi, and they weekly housekeeping to all residents. The cuisine and food that they offer at Carrington Pointe is second to none. The food there was like eating from a 5 star restaurant in a foreign country. I honestly think Carrington Pointe is a really nice place, all the staff that work there were kind and generous, willing to help with anything. To conclude, I would recommend Carrington Pointe to anyone that wants true care from a very loving staff.

November 06, 2012

By nohlranch

It's a nice facility. It's situated right next to a church, so it gives it a sense of family and safety. There are over 170 different apartments in this complex. There are different floor plans - studios, one bedrooms, and two bedrooms. My friend had one that's a one bedroom, which seems like more than ample space for him and his wife. The room itself has lots of amenities. It comes fully furnished, with a full-sized refrigerator, 50 inch flat-screen TV, etc. There's also an emergency call button in case emergency service is needed; they have staff that is on-site and available 24 hours a day. There is weekly housecleaning service; this includes vacuuming, trash, etc. There are also additional services such as grooming, medication regulating, and dressing services that are available.There are also a lot of amenities and services outside of the private residence. For example, there's a heated pool and jacuzzi. This is a nice place to pass time, especially during the hot months of summer time in Fresno. There is also a game room, where residents like to play board games or card games. There's miles of walking trails, too, so it's fun to take a short walk after dinner. There are many options for food. There's a store on-site for shopping. The store is nice, too, because it provides free chocolate, coffee, tea, and snacks. There's also a more formal dining area, where the chef is able to make customized meals based on dietary restrictions. For the price and services provided, this is a great facility. When I am old and elderly, I may want to retire here.

January 28, 2012

By bpayan

It was a lovely facility. It seemed like a good place with nurses who are very engaged. However, I have an issue with the small elevator and narrow halls.If an elderly person is having an emergency it will make it difficult for Emergency medical personnel from an ambulance company to get to the patient with their gurney in a timely manner. I would be a bit worried about this when considering it as a good place. Yet in my experience it is a beautiful place, it seems to have enough but not too much privacy as far as safety is concerned, and it is not at all bad on the eyes. Did I mention it doesn't smell nearly as bad as most facilities like this?

December 19, 2011

By AmiR4663

This is a very nice retirement facility with assisted living options near shopping and dining. The grounds are nice and well maintained. These are apartments with either one or two bedrooms. Amenities include a nice library, salon, spa, and pool to name a few. The dining is restaurant style and they can accommodate resident dietary needs. My guide was very friendly and made sure to tell me about discount assistance programs for vets and their spouses. I didn't detect any odors. This is owned and managed by a corporation and they have several communities; residents can travel and stay at another facility for a fee. The residents I encountered seemed happy.

September 29, 2011

By MariC1

This is by far the best assisted living facility my young family has ever visited. One of our dear elderly friends resided there, and we visited her on several occasions and even dined with her there. Upon entering Carrington Pointe, we were warmly greeted by the lady at the front desk. Everything in the building was very well maintained, and it did not have the all-to-familiar smell often associated with these types of residences. The residents seemed relatively happy and well cared for, and the staff was readily on hand for any needs that arose. The meals there were quite tasty, and the meal staff was very kind. We were highly pleased with how clean everything was, and we were equally impressed with all of the opportunities offered to the residents such as field trips, classes of various kinds, rides to local stores and social activities. If we had a relative in need of such care and they were able to afford it, we would not hesitate to recommend Carrington Pointe.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Fresno

October 24, 2011

By MattC

Upon entering Carrington Pointe, I was greeted by a very friendly front desk receptionist. The facilities appeared to be first rate, everything was extremely clean, and the decorations made the facility feel like a large house rather than a retirement facility. A coffee/tea bar was even available at all hours for residents to enjoy. I met with a friend (resident of the facility) for lunch in the dining room, and the food was good. What I especially noticed and appreciated were the many options available for those who did not want the scheduled daily menu choices. In addition to two food (main dish) choices for lunch, a full salad and soup bar was available as well as generic options such as a hot dog or hamburger if one so desired. The servers were mostly young people who were polite and courteous. After lunch, I went to my friend's apartment, and on the way I noticed a large area where the residents could congregate and watch television. My friend's apartment was clean and well-kept. It seems to be an ideal space for a single person or even a couple. The exterior grounds were manicured and beautiful. Overall, this facility was outstanding.

Photos of Atria Fresno

Services and Amenities of Atria Fresno

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: License #107202497

About Atria Fresno

Situated on five beautifully manicured acres, Atria Fresno is a senior living community where active older adults continue to pursue the passions they’ve always enjoyed.

This independent and assisted living community offers a selection of one- and two-bedroom apartments with an array of services and amenities just steps away. Take advantage of the fitness center, outdoor heated pool, full-service salon and barbershop, movie theater and library. Enjoy fresh, chef-prepared selections daily in the dining room and casual fare in the café.

A calendar of engaging events promises every day is full of opportunities for fitness, fun, creativity and connection. A caring, professional staff is available 24 hours a day to provide discreet support and take care of the cooking, cleaning and transportation, so residents can spend their time doing what truly makes them happy.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. Atria communities are home to more than 21,000 seniors and employ more than 14,800 people.

Map of Atria Fresno